• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our WONDERful Cruise to the MR 1/22-1/29/12 - Updated 2/4

nsiordia

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone! Welcome to my Trip Report about our trip on the Wonder to the Beautiful Beaches of Mexico with our Party of 8. Our sail date was 1/22/-1/29/2012. I can’t believe it went by so quickly. Sniff, sniff. I am so depressed but ready to book my next cruise. I guess I need the money for it first though, right?

My name is Nubia of my DH – Pancho, my DD (8) Anais & Sebastian (6) who by the way is NOT named after the crab. Lol.

Me & the hubby
42d51133.jpg

The kids
04793551.jpg

The rest of our Party consisted of my Aunt Patty and her boys, Christian (8), Julian (7) & Nicholas (5)

My Aunt & the Boys
7ff1c8b8.jpg

Whoa. That’s a lot of kids!! And boy were they a handful when they were all together, but we love them and they had a WONDER-ful time.

We were originally booked on the MR April 1st , 2012 cruise, but due to work issues, had to re-schedule to October 23rd, 2012 cruise. But then in November, after reading the DIS (which I have done almost daily for the last 2 years), I found out about KSF. We called our TA, and she was able to book us! We couldn’t believe we were going to be sailing in 2 months!!! Originally, we were booked into 2 connecting Verandah Cabins, but they only thing they had with the KSF the week we wanted to go was a Deluxe OV room and a 6A GTY. I took the OV as I didn’t mind not having a Verandah and it was less $$$. DH had a bit of a tizzy about it because he is a smoker (I know, gross, but hey I love him) and was really hoping he could have a Verandah to smoke on. (I bet someone out there is happy that didn’t happen because they would have had to smell his smoke :/ lol)

We were in stateroom 5008, forward, above from the Theater and right near the kids clubs. Personally, I felt it was a great location, although it was a bit loud at times on off hours and it seemed there was a large family traveling together and they had multiple rooms (maybe 4 or 5) down that hallway. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

My aunt was in 6050 and it was a great, centrally located room. She said she never really had any issues whatsoever with anything and really enjoyed her Verandah (lucky duck).

We also participated in the FE and had so much fun doing so! We got so many and such great gifts!!!

As far as photos go, I took a lot, and I will post as I go. Unfortunately, we could not locate our camera charger (of course it showed up on the last day), and found a really nice couple who charged our battery for us (since they had the same camera) so we missed about 2 days of photos including Formal Night, High Tea at Palo & Puerto Vallarta. Bummer. I guess we will have to take another cruise soon to make up for that ;)

Ok so on to day 1!

Oh and P.S., I have Navigators, but how on earth do I post them? Anyone?

Yeah! Looking forward to the report. I believe you have to scan the navigators and then post them like a picture. Our scanner is broken or we would have posted them.

Can't wait for your report! I love Mexican Riviera trip reports! I miss the Wonder.

Subbing to the thread b/c we leave in just under 5 weeks! I'd *love* to see Navigators, too.

My family and I are going on the MR cruise March 25th. We are so excited!! Do you have any advice in regards to the excursions. We have two 8 year olds so we do have a somewhat of an age restriction for some excursions. Curious which ones you did and if you heard other cruisers comments.
pirate:Thank you!

Looking forward to reading your TR. I'll be on the April 1st MR-so if you hadn't needed to switch dates, we would have been on the same cruise :)

My aunt was in 6050 and it was a great, centrally located room. She said she never really had any issues whatsoever with anything and really enjoyed her Verandah (lucky duck).

One of the staterooms my group will be in is 6550 - so just on the opposite side of the ship from where your aunt was. Glad to hear she liked the location being centrally located.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter