Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

They will be coming as soon as I can get through homework and tear myself away from those darn computer games . . .

And Facebook applications . . . can't forget about those little time-suckers . . .:rotfl:

What computer games do you play? Any consoles? :)

Haha.... as soon as I get on a computer I am gone- distracted from everything.. lol.. I feel sorry for my old college professors.. :D I had to stop bringing my laptop to class to take notes because I would use it for other things... and in the process I would distract all those sitting around me..:rolleyes1

What computer games do you play? Any consoles? :)

Haha.... as soon as I get on a computer I am gone- distracted from everything.. lol.. I feel sorry for my old college professors.. :D I had to stop bringing my laptop to class to take notes because I would use it for other things... and in the process I would distract all those sitting around me..:rolleyes1

I'm not good at game terminology . . . I basically play because I've seen DF and his friends play, and I say, 'ooooh, that looks like fun,' and they teach me . . .

I like the valve games (Half Life 1 and 2, Portal, Team Fortress) and can't wait to see Portal 2. I quit Age of Empires about a year ago because our copies had viruses. DF got me into Minecraft, and recently it's been eating up more of my free time than Facebook . . . :rotfl:

What about you?

I love your story and am following along too. :)

DH and I are planning to have a VR at WDW probably in 2013 also so it's nice to see others planning so far in advance. :goodvibes

Welcome aboard! I've actually been planning out the wedding since 2008 when DF bought the ring. I figured that was a little too far out to start a PJ (and, we were looking at 2015 then :scared1:).

I’m a very picky person, and while I have seen some amazing flowers done by Disney, I have this nagging fear that my bouquet will not be what I have envisioned in my head (at it will be expensive). Thanks to Michael’s, I am making all the flowers for the wedding.

The inspiration for my bouquet actually came from my mom’s bouquet. I have always loved the color scheme of her flowers, and since I may get to carry the same prayer book she carried under hers under mine, I figured if the style worked once it will work again. (Please excuse the awesome red carpet of my parent's living room)

PICT4158.jpg
PICT4156.jpg

My first attempt at recreating her bouquet looks better than it actually was. I used clearance flowers that had been cheap anyway, and they were just piled on the floor as I was playing with them, so there was no way it could be moved or picked up. The ribbon is looped underneath the stems to hold it in place.

PICT4164.jpg
PICT4165.jpg

Most of the flowers have been replaced with better quality ones, and I added a few and changed types of others, but the ribbons are definitely still going to be looped through the bouquet.

My second attempt at my bouquet really came about because I found the roses I really wanted to use for the actually arrangement. The shade of pink I wanted for the bridesmaids also changed slightly, and the original BM bouquet I was using when I tried on dresses was no longer accurate.

I made this mock up to go try on dresses the last time at Brandi’s. (It was the last time because I found my dress there) It’s too small for my actually bouquet, but it gave me a great picture of what I wanted and proved the flowers would work together as I hoped.

toss.jpg

I knew this was not going to *the* bouquet, but it was far too pretty to take apart. Logically, it became the toss bouquet. Since the only younger single girl at the wedding will be my cousin, I’m just going to be giving it her. We’re planning on still doing a ‘toss’ for pictures.

I opted for a smaller version of the same pink and cream roses for the real bouquet (thanks to mom and dad for spotting them and picking out the good ones). The mums have also been replaced and some other embellishments added to the mix.

They will be coming as soon as I can get through homework and tear myself away from those darn computer games . . .

And Facebook applications . . . can't forget about those little time-suckers . . .:rotfl:

I had to shut facebook down, I was getting too addicted, though it will probably be up again soon :rotfl: I know what you mean about computer games I had to kick a Sims 2 addiction! I love that game and it seems every time I sit down to play for an hour it turns into way more than that :lmao: I love the first set of flowers, good ole Michael's you gotta love them :thumbsup2

Just a small update . . .

This list may change slightly in the future, but here are my selections for ceremony music thus far:

Pre-Ceremony:
Celebration - Secret Garden
Melodies of Life - Final Fantasy
Storybook Story - Willie DeVille
When You Wish Upon a Star
I Do Believe in Fairies - Peter Pan
So, This is Love (Insturmental)
Tals as Old as Time
Some Day My Prince Will Come
Once Upon a Dream
Love is a Song
Spirit of Excalibur - David Arkestone
A Whole New World

Processional: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
Bride Entrance: Tammy - Debbie Reynolds
Sand Ceremony: I Will Be Here - Clay Aiken
Recessional: I Want You To - Weezer
Post Recessional: There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Love your song selections! And I love that you threw in a little weezer! So awesome!

Thanks! It was the first song DF played when we got back in the car after he proposed. He turned on his mp3 player, looked at me, and said "I've been waiting for months to do this." I had never listened to the lyrics before that moment, and I knew instantly that it would be perfect.

Don't ever let anyone tell you obsessions never pay off.

Thanks to massive amounts of snow, a VCR, my digital camera, and the most patience I've ever had, I got photos of the hairstyle I want to have for my wedding.

I originally wanted something like this:
3dupdo504-1.jpg
winter04_hair_04.jpg

Thanks to the snow, I was watching movies last night, and it hit me. The perfect wedding hairstyle for me: Buttercup's from her wedding. I thought this over when I couldn't sleep last night (DF stayed at work because the roads were so bad), and I decided that the hair from her wedding wouldn't work with my veil. But, the hair she has in the scene where she calls Humperdinck a coward would.

After scouring the internet for hours last night, I came to the conclusion that there were no good pictures of the hair style I wanted on the internet. Brilliance struck me when I was working out this morning: take pictures myself.

It was an excuse to watch the movie again, too. I grabbed my camera, my breakfast, and sat down to enjoy the movie again. It took almost an hour (and over 30 pictures), but I got good shots of her hair from every angle.

100_4427-2.jpg
100_4455-2.jpg
100_4449-2.jpg
100_4446-2.jpg
100_4457-2.jpg

The only thing I want different are curls at the bottom instead of just waves. I'm super happy because I'll also be able to almost repeat it for my at-home reception!

Side note: watching that scene in slow-motion is hilarious.

DF and I made the choice as soon as we decided on Disney to pay for everything ourselves. I'm sure there will be things that my parents, grandparents, and his mom might help with, but for the most part it will be just us 'footing the bill.'

We made this choice for a few mains reasons: 1) everyone has to travel, 2) we want to be responsible adults, and 3) we didn't want to have to fight with a parent/grandparent because we want something they don't like/want/think is necessary.

Obviously, because we're not even penciled in yet, I haven't gotten a BEO from Disney yet. But, being the uber planner that I am (and thanks to Carrie's book), I have done a current estimated budget for all our wedding events. Some prices are exact because I have already made some purchases, some are estimates from current Disney pricing/fees/taxes, and others are just plain guesses. It's good for me to see the numbers all laid out, and it just might have the remote chance to help another bride out there.

Planning Session (my parents are coming with)
APs for mom and dad....$1,062.88
Car rental...................$210.00
Flights........................$1,400.00
Food..........................$240.00
Hotel.........................$270.00

Cost: $3,182.88

Disney Fairy Tale Wedding (approx. 28 ppl. including us)
Bar Tender.....................$106.50
BOC Bar.........................$1,206.18
Cake.............................$773.19
Chair Covers/Sashes........$226.31
Characters Appearance.....$1,739.68
iPod Set-up....................$322.16
MK Photo Shoot..............$1,100.00
Pavilion Site Rental..........$3,195.00
Photography Package.......$3,650.00
Reception Meal...............$2,255.14 (guessing $70 pp.)
Table Covers..................$159.75
Vendor Meals..................$77.32 (two photographers)

Cost: $14,811.23

Attire, Accessories, and Extras
Bridal Lingerie..........$29.06
Bridal Slip...............$75.00
Wedding Dress.........$1,230.00 (includes alterations and fitting fees)
Shoes.....................$110.00
Cake Topper............$69.96 (bought on eBay)
Car Rental...............$375.00
Flights....................$700.00
Fl Marriage License....$93.50
Flowers...................$500.00 (making with mom and grandma)
Food.......................$250.00
Hotel......................$1,440.00 (GF for two nights, off-property the rest)
Jewelry...................$15.00
Makeup and Hair........$150.00 (possibly Beauty Speciale)
Officient Fees...........$300.00 (possibly Rev. Jack Day)
Photo Albums............$20.64 (bought at Gordman's)
Rings.......................$550.00
Sand Ceremony.........$15.00 (bought in an antique shop)
Stationary................$75.00 (printing ourselves)
Toasting Flutes.........$4.50 (bought in an antique shop)
Toss Petals..............$45.00 (possibly FlyBoyNaturals.com)
Tux Rental...............$150.00 (Carolyn Allen or Men's Warehouse)
Veil.........................$18.00 (bought in an antique shop)

Cost: $6,215.66

At-Home Reception (approx. 150 ppl.)
Cake....................$350.00 (being made by a friend)
Candy Bar/Favors....$250.00
Centerpieces..........$23.21 (making our own)
DJ........................$737.23
Food.....................$4,440.46 (for food only, cash bar)
Invitations.............$250.00 (printing our own)

Cost: $6,050.90

Total Wedding Budget: $30,260.67

We've already made a list of things that can go (i.e. chair covers) or be lowered (i.e. at-home guest list). Not much else is likely to go because this is already bare-bones for me, and Mickey and Minnie are an absolute must. I cut things out of the original estimated DFTW budget when it was over $30k alone (Cindy's coach, lots of floral and decor, and a string trio will do that).

I've toyed with the idea of hiring outside photographers (the Arndt's, m&d were sold after randomly meeting them), but I'm afraid I'll cut enough that I'll need the extra cost to cover the minimums. And, I'd like the MK shoot to still count under the minimum expenditure. My MOHs DH will most likely be filming for us and shadowing the photographers as much as possible along with my mom.

I knew the over-all number would be big, and this is just an estimate so changes will be made, but it's still a big number for a wedding. All things considered, and some cuts made, I honestly expected it to still be bigger! :rotfl:

Snow days make me productive!

I have been having the shoe debate with myself and my mom for months. I really want some type of low heel because DF is fourteen inches taller than me, and I don't want to look like a stocky creampuff in my dress.

My body likes to argue otherwise. I have a bad knee and a bad back, so heels tend to put me in a lot of pain. My genius plan was to get one of two styles from San Antonio Shoe Co because they are super comfortable and don't aggravate my joints. I have tried on the wedge heel in a local store, and just by walking around, they felt really good. My goal is one of these two (both have 1.5 inch heel):

strippysndal.jpg

in white, or

strippymetallic.jpg

in silver.

I really like the style, and I think the silver would look pretty sweet (and be my version of a glass slipper), but I question being able to wear the color enough other places to merit the price. I really like the wedge, too, but I have a bad history with wedges.

My other option would be to buy a new pair of the sandals I currently own in white:

duosandal.jpg

The ones I have are really beat up and should have been retired ages ago, but they're just to comfy to get rid of. All three choices are just about the same price, and these little babies last a really long time, even with everyday wearing.

Don't ever let anyone tell you obsessions never pay off.

Thanks to massive amounts of snow, a VCR, my digital camera, and the most patience I've ever had, I got photos of the hairstyle I want to have for my wedding.

I originally wanted something like this:
3dupdo504-1.jpg
winter04_hair_04.jpg

Thanks to the snow, I was watching movies last night, and it hit me. The perfect wedding hairstyle for me: Buttercup's from her wedding. I thought this over when I couldn't sleep last night (DF stayed at work because the roads were so bad), and I decided that the hair from her wedding wouldn't work with my veil. But, the hair she has in the scene where she calls Humperdinck a coward would.

After scouring the internet for hours last night, I came to the conclusion that there were no good pictures of the hair style I wanted on the internet. Brilliance struck me when I was working out this morning: take pictures myself.

It was an excuse to watch the movie again, too. I grabbed my camera, my breakfast, and sat down to enjoy the movie again. It took almost an hour (and over 30 pictures), but I got good shots of her hair from every angle.

100_4427-2.jpg
100_4455-2.jpg
100_4449-2.jpg
100_4446-2.jpg
100_4457-2.jpg

The only thing I want different are curls at the bottom instead of just waves. I'm super happy because I'll also be able to almost repeat it for my at-home reception!

Side note: watching that scene in slow-motion is hilarious.

I love this movie!!! You made an awesome choice her hair is lovely in that film. I like the black pair or shoes. They look so comfy :cloud9:

I love this movie!!! You made an awesome choice her hair is lovely in that film. I like the black pair or shoes. They look so comfy :cloud9:

That move is fantastic! I was a Disney girl growing up. I wanted Cindy's ride, Belle's dress, and Ariel's house, but Buttercup got the story (and they guy) I always wanted. Luckily, DF loves it, too, so I can make him watch it with me. There is a group of us who could quote the whole thing . . . and have on occasion . . .

The blacks ones were comfy in the store. I know the third pair is nice for sure. I actually wore my mom's wedding shoes when I tried my dress on last time because they had the same height of heels. I ended up standing in them for almost three hours with only my feet falling asleep. I'm just not sure I want to risk it on my wedding day. :confused3

Thanks for posting your budget. We are struggling with ours as well, as we'd like to pay for the whole thing. $30k is a lot of money but that seems to be the average. If you are paying for it yourself, make sure you are realistic with yourselves because you don't want to start your married life together in massive debt. :goodvibes

Thanks for posting your budget. We are struggling with ours as well, as we'd like to pay for the whole thing. $30k is a lot of money but that seems to be the average. If you are paying for it yourself, make sure you are realistic with yourselves because you don't want to start your married life together in massive debt. :goodvibes

That's the reason why we started saving as soon as we decided on Disney: we wanted to write checks instead of using credit cards or loans. When I told DF what the whole thing was going to cost, he was like "uh...that's a lot. But, I know we can do it." We put ourselves on a smaller budget and cut out big vacations and dining out to help save more.

Keeping the budget down is also a reason why I have a fair amount of DIY items for both the wedding and the at-home reception. I guestimated my Disney floral expense would be almost as much as the wedding because of all the roses I want and the amount of centerpieces.

We're actually pretty sure we'll be cutting the at-home reception down to 100 guests because it's the minimum for the place we want, and it will save us almost $2k. I know more things will get cut. We already cut the honeymoon from 16 days down to 9.

Sounds like you have a good plan already. :goodvibes

I love the DIY stuff but I'm so uncreative, lol. I hope I can come up with some stuff to make to cut costs.

My mother collected antique cake tops, and one year we took her 70s Wilton cake book. This is where I found the perfect cake. It took a little switch, because the layer is not as I would like them, but a computer and a few hours to change that. Moreover, DF, and my mother loved it, too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter