Our Wedding/Honeymoon Dining Reviews (2/26-3/8)

MainStMandy

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!! I'm terribly bored at work this Friday afternoon, so I thought I would type up a few reviews from our trip. We didn't really take a lot of pictures (of food anyway) but I know these reviews can be helpful nonetheless!

Introduction:

Me- Amanda, 30 years old...Former CM and have been to Disney more times than I can count!
5880_1191798955938_1257316213_30543886_6323148_n.jpg

DH- Eric, 32 years old...This was his 3rd trip as an adult. I got him hooked on Disney after our first trip together last June!!

ry%3D400

Where we ate:
ESPN Zone
Liberty Tree
Wolfgang Pucks
Raglan Road
'Ohana
Planet Hollywood
Whispering Canyon
Grand Floridan Cafe
Citricos
Kona

Hope you all enjoy :)

ETA: We are on the DDP for this whole trip and usually love it. However, I don't think we really got our money's worth this time around...stay tuned!

Day 1- We were scheduled to arrrive pretty early in the afternoon and had plans to go to EPCOT and ADR's at Teppan EDO. Well DH works nights and by the time we got settled at the hotel (AKL) he was exhausted. We both decided a burger sounded good and we headed over to ESPN club. Eric LOVES their Philly Steak Sandwiches.

The food here was great, as usual. Our server on the other hand...quite an odd one! This was our conversation when she first approached the table...

Her: So the boy I'm totally in love with just sat himself and his friends in my section and he knows I'm in love with him because I told him so.

Us::confused3

We both ordered milkshakes and the Nachos. We were STARVING!! By the time the Nachos showed up our server had disappeared and still hadn't taken our dinner order. We completely devoured the Nachos and finally placed our order. Eric enjoyed his Philly Cheesesteak, but noted that they appeared to use more of a Nacho Cheese than "real" cheese this time. I had a burger and it was just what I was craving!! We skipped dessert and ended our meal with this conversation.

Server: So....I could clear you water glasses....or Um, I could leave them.

Us::confused3

:lmao: Overall the meal was excellent and our unique server didn't take away from that. Definitely a place we will keep on our list!!

popcorn:: Anything with food and you've got my attention.

So Saturday we started out with a quick breakfast at Mara before heading over to DHS for ESPN The Weekend. It was COLD...I mean COLD!! We ended up at at the main stage...in the rain...for HOURS!!
ry%3D400

Dh was very happy though and we got lots of great pictures. We had originally planned Tony's for dinner but there was no way we were making a 5 p.m. ADR.

After going back to AKL to warm up and rest for a bit, we ended up at MK (just a bit later than expected). It was still quite cold.
ry%3D400

We managed to get late night ADR's for Liberty Tree. To be honest, it's not my favorite place but we still wanted to go to MK and there weren't many choices. If we weren't on the DDP we would have just grabbed QS.

The meal was actually not bad and our server was great. Plus DH loves this meal so it made him happy :lovestruc This is a restaurant that while I don't LOVE, I know the food is consistent and since Eric loves it we would probably go back. Definitely not on the top of my list though.

Looking forward to the Raglan Road review and since your a former cm can I ask is it worth to move to Fla to work for disney,main question is the money enough to live off of ?

Looking forward to the Raglan Road review and since your a former cm can I ask is it worth to move to Fla to work for disney,main question is the money enough to live off of ?

Thanks for reading...Raglan is one of our favorites!!!

As for moving to Florida...I worked there in college so I don't think I can accurately answer your question. It's hard to get into the company making any money...you have to be in and working to take advantage of the higher paying jobs.

On Sunday we enjoyed AK with my new in-laws. After a long day we headed over to the BWV to check in. Dinner that night was Wolfgang Pucks. Our ADR was for 2 but my brother go into town early and ended up joining us.

Dinner was amazing as alwasy. I had the Chanel Martini...a little perfumy (duh) but really good. We all split the spinach-artichoke dip...it was great but a little pricey for the amount you get.

As always, I got the Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken...probably one of my favorite meals in all of Disney! YUM!!:cloud9: Dh got steak that he said was just ok, nothing fab.

Dessert was also AMAZING. I had the Chocolate Lave Cake and DH had the Creme Brulee Cheesecake. Dh said it was good, but not his favorite...I on the the hand LOVED it and it will remain one of my favs!!!:banana:

Oooh Oooh food review. Love me some food reviews... So no forgetting about this review! (plus I love all the wedding/honeymoon pictures).

Monday we hung at our the studios for most of the day. Eric and I had to meet our photographers in Celebration around 5 p.m. So we met up with his parents. Shortly after they said they were hungry for lunch and wanted pizza. Now, I had heard pretty bad things about Pizza Planet but that's what his parents wanted!! So we decided to try it.

One of our favorite CS meals of the trip!!!:scared1: Really, it was very good. Eric and I even went back later in the trip. Plus it was nice to have a salad instead of the normal burger and fries.

After our mini-photo shoot we picked up our Best Man and his wife and headed back to BWV. There we met up with my brother (our officiant) and our Maid of Honor and her husband. We decided since we had enough people for 2 cars, but only one Designated Driver we would take the bus over to DTD. We arrived right on time for our ADR. As usual this was a fantastic meal. Everyone loved it!! Eric got steak and I split the Goats Town Salad and Steak with Danielle (Best Man's wife).

Here are some pics!
Eric and Danielle (Best Man and wife)
ry%3D400

Lauren and Patrick (Maid of Honor and Hubby)
ry%3D400

Somewhere there is a pic of Eric and I....

My brother was by himself, but he's always good for a laugh.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Eric and his flight of Beer
ry%3D400

The group
ry%3D400

As good as the food was, the service wasn't great...I'm assuming because of the automatic 18% gratuity. It was ok with us because we were on our way to Paradisio 37 for drinks!! We arrived and headed to the upstairs bar...which we pretty much had to ourselves. Afterwards we kinda wished we had been seated at a table so we could have all talked.

To celebrate the boys got shots (have no idea what!)
ry%3D400

The shots were seriously HUGE!! The girls also ordered shots (Chocolate Cake) but I think it took me 2 or 3 drinks to down it!!
ry%3D400

We also ordered Margaritas and the boys ordered pitchers of Beer. It was a great time and the drinks were fantastic! I don't remember the price being too bad either. Eric and I bought first round as a Thank You and it was only about $50 (we ended up buying more, lol).
ry%3D400

At one point my brother ordered Empanadas (sweet ones) :rotfl: He said they were really good, but that was the only food that was ordered.

We had a really great time, but the boys had an early tee time on Tuesday so we headed home. Here are a few pics of the night.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Patrick, our DD
ry%3D400

Mandy!!! I'm SOOOO happy for you!! Yeahhhhh!!! Where are you wedding pics? Congrats girl!! :hug:

Hi neighbor! :wave:

We're considering Raglan Road for our trip in October, it always sounds so good!

It's a must for us every trip!!! Both the steak and the Jus Chicken are awesome, I love the Goats Town Salad and I have to have the Bread and Butter Pudding!!!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter