• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our we crazy..

hannahsmomma

Who's dream is it.....
I finally thought we had nailed down where we were staying, but after more research we changed our minds. We were booked at the Sl at GF, but for the same price we can get a 1 bedroom suite at the BC. Not only do we get the much needed extra space, but we still get the concierge level as well. Plus, since we have the baby we will not be able to do the water parks this year, which was really disappointing to our 6 yo dd. Now she will have a waterpark like pool at our resort. I just have one question...how is the parking set up here. We drive down and tend to bring our whole house with us..how will it work getting this stuff to our room? Also, how is the commuting to the parks with a baby? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Did we make the right choice?!?!

bus only to the MK from the BC. I love the BC. but it is easy access only to Epcot and studio not the MK.

I might consider WL or VWL in your situation. then you are still close to the MK but the hotel is much cheaper - still a deluxe!

believe me your child will appreciate the swimming pool at WL - it is not a water park - but it is still fun for children. She will probably meet several kids here her age.

No every one changes their mind - and then changes and changes and changes it,etc..... :goodvibes :hyper2: ::yes::

You can walk to Epcot and take a boat to MGM. The bus service to MK didn't seem terrible to me, but you do share the line with YC...I can't remember if it shared with S/D, but I think that was BWI that did.

Your dd will love SAB. Be careful, there are currents in the pool itself. The pool is fun. Yes, I'm speaking from experience. :teeth:

I don't think it will be difficult to use boat transportation with baby and the stroller. Don't worry about pesky luggaging of items. Budget for tips to the valet and have them take all the luggage for you. They even toted my 12 pack of water for me. You'll have private check-in upstairs and they'll deliver your luggage to your room. If you have an AP and purchased the DDE card, you'll get free valet parking (don't forget to tip them still though). If you choose not to do valet parking, just have them take your luggage and let DH meet back up with you in the lobby.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with your choice. BC is a nice resort and plenty kid friendly. The CM's in the lounge were friendly as well. You'll love the IPO staff. ::yes::

I work in Richmond, VA...just a short drive to your way. I actually spend quite a bit of time in Williamsburg - Colonial and Busch Gardens.

I live in the boonies (Louisa). DH transplanted me there. :rolleyes:

I have an Uncle who lives in Midlothian...so we go to Richmond a few times a year. I actually grew up in Newport News, so I use to go to Busch and WC all the time. Have you been to the great wolfe lodge yet?

I haven't stayed at that lodge yet. It's really only about 1 1/2 drive to the area so we don't stay overnight. It looked really nice from what I saw on their web site. I guess in the indoor waterpark would be enough attraction to warrant a visit, huh? ;)

It does look like a lot of fun, it would be a nice break from the winter weather....although today it was near 70 here.

I love the BC, besides taking the bus to MK. You could either boat or walk to EPCOT then walk to the front and ride the monorail to the TTC and then crossover to the MK monorail and take that in. I just went in Dec and there were 7 women we had ton's of luggage and bell services pleasantly moved it to and from the room for us. I did tip them well, since i didn't have to lug it there.

Have a great trip!!!!

To the OP: I work at the Yacht/Beach Club so if you have any questions about the resort feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to answer or find the answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter