• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Virgin VS016 flight cancelled (travelling in October)

jon18uk

DIS Veteran
Virgin have cancelled our flight for October and rebooked us on to the VS028. So instead of leaving Orlando at 7:50pm we are now leaving at 5:05pm. That's almost three hours less holiday and means due to having to leave the hotel at 1pm instead of 3:45pm we can't eat lunch in one of the parks.

Has this happened to anyone else and did you manage to get any compensation or goodwill from Virgin Atlantic?

Have they changed your outbound flight as well? Virgin recently changed our flight by only half an hour but it was changed both ways so we arrive 30 mins earlier into Orlando and leave 30 mins earlier from Orlando on the way home.

Have they changed your outbound flight as well? Virgin recently changed our flight by only half an hour but it was changed both ways so we arrive 30 mins earlier into Orlando and leave 30 mins earlier from Orlando on the way home.

Yes we are on the VS015 flight out as in September they only offer the later flight (I think they take one plane out for refurb). and that is scheduled for 1:15. They had originally changed the time of the Orlando to London Flight (VS016) by half an hour, same as yours but now they have cancelled completely.

I've had my outbound moved before, moved us to the later flight from LGW, this was early December.

I'd be more annoyed about an evening flight being moved!

You won't get any compensation, not even a sorry in my experience.

You're too far out for compensation. Unfortunately they have reduced the number of flights on their winter schedule hence the change.

I just wish they would cancel the early flight not the late one.

They will allow you to cancel without penalty, that will be your gesture :)

Thank you for all your replies. Yes I wish they had cancelled the earlier flight as it's the loss of three hours on the last day of the holiday that annoys. We've complained but aren't expecting anything more, but a small gesture like a bottle of champagne on the flight or similar would be nice if they won't agree to anything more.

I hope our luck improves with this trip, it was annoying that Virgin don't offer the earlier outbound flight in September, then we found out about construction at Wilderness Lodge (we have a room credit to spend as compensation) and now we have the return flight being cancelled!

You won't be given a free bottle of champagne, so might as well not even dream about that. You were notified many, many months in advance; you are due absolutely no compensation. You are free to ask for a full refund and rebook on another airline, unless you already accepted the change.

You won't be given a free bottle of champagne, so might as well not even dream about that. You were notified many, many months in advance; you are due absolutely no compensation. You are free to ask for a full refund and rebook on another airline, unless you already accepted the change.

Sadly, I agree. It's a pain, but 8 months notice is more than fair!

They changed our flights slightly too. Our outbound is leaving 15 mins later and the inbound is leaving 45 mins earlier. So we only "lost"an hour.

be positive you are still going , yes its rubbish and you loose those hours but you will have a wonderful time all the hours that you are there

You definitely won't get anything, not even a bottle of champagne, imagine how many they would have to give that to.
as they have given you enough notice. That you can cancel your flight and re-book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter