Our Very Merry Disneymoon PTR Adventure!

ucncallmeflwr

Earning My Ears
:wave2: Hello everybody, and welcome to our PTR!
Lets start this off right by introducing ourselves:

tumblr_inline_mlrqk9dtJG1qz4rgp.png

My name is Brittainy, I'm 28 years old and I'm an avid fan of all things Disney! I come from east Texas, but will soon be relocating to my sweethearts home state of Kansas (I'm very excited!).
I'm a bit of a late bloomer when it comes to the parks, but have been plane crazy for Disney films for as long as I can remember.
In 2010, my fiance and I took a very special vacation that not only opened my eyes to the wonderful magic Walt Disney World has to offer, but made me the happiest (and luckiest) girl alive.

Gather round boys and girls, its story time!

It was the chilliest night that one could ever imagine; the wind sliced through the air like an icy sword. My prince to-be and I were atop The Contemporary about to enjoy an immaculate meal at California Grill. Not only are they notoriously known for their exquisite cuisine, but the wondrous view as well! We had stepped out onto the breezeway to catch site of Cinderella castles dreamy glow, and that's when I turned to meet my loves gaze. Four sweet words and a twinkle from a tiny felt box later; I melted right there in his arms. I once heard that a hummingbird can flap its wings 90 times per second. Apparently, my heart can flutter even faster than that!

tumblr_inline_mls886sCSp1qz4rgp.png

The two of us have known each other ever since we were kids, and have been blessed with an amazing history that I wouldn't trade even for even an infinite amount of wishes granted by Genie himself!
I truly feel like I'm living a fairytale, and am thrilled that I've come to know and learn Disney in the light that I have. The greatest part is getting to spend the rest of my life enjoying it next to my best friend, and the warmth I get knowing just that puts even the chill from that night to shame.

On the count of 3, lets all do a dreamy sigh.
1..2..3! Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Hes my dreamboat and I loves him!

tumblr_inline_mlrp4io2Dk1qz4rgp.gif

Now, a little more on yours truly. I love being crafty, and take much pride in being somewhat of a lovechild of Martha Stewart and McGuyver. Seriously, give me a Spider-man comic, some dental floss and a few pretty little sparklies and I can make you something glorious!
I love to bake (especially cupcakes!), and am game on for any challenge no matter how many sprinkles I need in order to cover up the not so desirable result. I drink my coffee white and am somewhat a little nuts when it comes to organizing things (I admit, it's a little weird).
I like to believe I'm a good person with a huge heart. Though, I'm very easily seduced. I once had an affair with Jose. No way, you exclaim?! Oh, YES way! It was short-lived; I cheated with an enchantress, Valrhona, who cast a spell and made me fall madly in love! I often dream of the two and I together in a bath drawn full of bananas foster sauce, and we're- ..Okay, okay! So I'm a major Disney foodie! ..I have NO shame, people!

WDW holds an incredibly special place in our hearts, so it's really no surprise that we've picked the greatest location on the planet as our Honeymoon destination.
So with that said, I once again welcome you and hope you enjoy the journey ahead!

Next up? Why, my prince charming of course! :lovestruc

Excited to hear more!! Your engagement story sounds like a clip from a movie! Congratulations on your magical Disney engagement and I can't wait to hear about your plans for your disneymoon :goodvibes

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding/disneymoon! Such a romantic sstory! I'm also a Texas (Corsicana)--about an hour west of Tyler.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Excited to hear more!! Your engagement story sounds like a clip from a movie! Congratulations on your magical Disney engagement and I can't wait to hear about your plans for your disneymoon :goodvibes

Thank you! I definitely felt like I was living out a scene straight from a movie, no doubt! I'm happy that you decided to step in, you're welcome here any time! :goodvibes

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding/disneymoon! Such a romantic sstory! I'm also a Texas (Corsicana)--about an hour west of Tyler.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Thanks a bunch! Wow, you're not too far at all. I bet your weather is as nutty as ours lately. Warm one minute and freezing cold the next! Welcome, I hope you stay tuned!

Thanks a bunch! Wow, you're not too far at all. I bet your weather is as nutty as ours lately. Warm one minute and freezing cold the next! Welcome, I hope you stay tuned!

Yep--crazy weather for sure! I sure hope the weather is great for our trip to WDW in 2 weeks. I'll stay tuned! I'll be writing our own trip report too--hope you can follow me too! :yay:

Yep--crazy weather for sure! I sure hope the weather is great for our trip to WDW in 2 weeks. I'll stay tuned! I'll be writing our own trip report too--hope you can follow me too! :yay:

Awesome! I'll for sure check out your trip report, can't wait to see all the details! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone. I'm Doug, or Prince Charming to Britt's Princess Britt!

So a little about myself and my love of Disney. I've been a Disney movie fan pretty much my whole life. My love and passion for Disney, though, didn't start until I visited WDW in 2001. I was 18 and went with my family for my first trip and just thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. I enjoyed the sense of history that you get walking through the parks. Even though I was the prime age for just enjoying the thrill rides, I enjoyed the small, quaint rides like Peter Pan's Flight every bit as much as I enjoyed Tower of Terror.

I returned to WDW (finally) in 2007 with my two sisters, and by this point I was a full blown Disney geek. I found Lou Mongello's WDW Radio on my iTunes and enjoyed listening to him talk weekly about the history and depth of the parks. For those of us that get it its those things that are at WDW, the small details that we appreciate, that theme parks like Universal just don't get. So in 2007, I really came to appreciate that detail. The defining moment of this trip to me, was walking from the Ticket and Transportation Center to Disney's Polynesian Resort. I decided then and there that I would stay there in the future. At this point, having been to WDW 2 times wasn't enough for me.

Cut to 2010, Britt and I went for the first time together, staying 9 nights at the Poly. This is the trip where we both became Disney addicts. Everything about WDW just clicked for both of us. From the wonderful job the Cast Members did at keeping the Magic going, to the attractions themselves, the wonderful food and of course, the heavenly Dole Whip. Yum nom nom!
We've been once a year every year since and are looking at eventually buying into DVC.

A little more about me Disney aside, I'm 30, a big sports fan; huge fan of the Lakers (though Ive warmed up quite a bit to the Mavericks since moving to the area, will never leave Purple and Gold for another team though!) and of the Packers. I'm a huge movie fan, at one point I owned over 600 DVDs. I'm currently writing a novel, which I'd say falls in the mystery/horror genre and hopefully I'll have that done this year. I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who as well!

Coming up: It's officially PTR time!

We've finally started the planning process for our upcoming trip to Walt Disney World, so without further ado, let the pre-trip report madness begin! :scared1:

This won't be any ordinary Disney vacation for us, mind you. This will be one of the most magical for sure; our honeymoon! Ahem... er, Disneymoon!
We have our hearts set on renting DVC points for a 6-night stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Who knew we'd have a chance at banking a deluxe studio at Kidani Village on a budget? A week at Animal Kingdom Lodge for under $1,000 as opposed to the $2,600 we'd be spending directly through Disney is pretty incredible. The resale agent we're in contact with is supposed to get back to us in May to let us know if a room is available. Cross your fingers, and your toes too! ...If you can.

We've managed to jam-pack this year with about 17 million different things, so saving a few pennies is definitely in order.

* Our wedding date: November 30th
* Disneymoon: December 2nd-8th
* Atlantis - The Bahamas (a.k.a. honeymoon part II): December 12th-17th
* And the move to Wichita - Sometime late December-early 2014

All of this means we're going to need passports, plane tickets, a wedding dress, perhaps some hard liquor... and a lot of prayers!

Remember my mentioning how obsessed with organizing I am ? I wasn't lying. I go through about 20 notebooks every year while planning for our vacation. I make lists, lists of lists, and then lists of the lists that I've listed so that I won't forget the lists (it's necessary, I promise). For me, putting together all of the details is a blast, maybe even a little therapeutic. I have to be honest here, patience isn't really my forte. If I have something to busy myself with in between trips I'm a much happier camper than say, a camper that would be... not happy? Yes, let's go with that!
We've gone on a trip together every year since 2010, and usually begin planning for the next one on the very day we return. What's second-best to actually being at Disney World? Why, planning your next stay of course! -- We usually decide on December, because 1.) it gives us a full year to prepare, 2.) the weather is MUCH nicer, and 3.) it's Christmas time, HELLO! The holidays at Walt Disney World are such a beautiful thing to experience. I recommend going sometime around the first or second week. You'll be happy that you did, pinky swear!

We drove last year to save money from having to fly. Flying is way too expensive, and it's also a heart attack waiting to happen on my part. I get a little bit anxious and feel like throwing up in my mouth. Then I get even more anxious about the idea of throwing up in my mouth, and the stress from that causes a migraine the size of a moose (no, I don't know why a moose. It just seems like the appropriate animal to pick at this time). -- Now, for Atlantis I'll have no choice. Lucky for me, I'll have a friend called Dramamine. That's a whole 'nother story, though... We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. ..Sorry, I like to run on tangents!
We're going to be driving the 17 hours from Dallas to Orlando all in one day. Sounds, tiring, doesn't it? For us, it's really not that big of a deal. We load up on podcasts, good music and games to pass the time. We also love to talk to one another. 16 years and you'd think we know everything there is to know about each other. The truth is, I'm learning new things about Doug every day and I love it!
We've purchased Madlibs, questionnaire books for couples, Disney guides and my love gifted me a Kindle Fire HD before our last vacation. You can just imagine how much of a treasure this was to have while on the road.

Last year we stayed at the Hyatt Place Hotel in Orlando the night before our check-in at WDW. Our comfort level was about a 12 out of 10! We fell absolutely in love with the modern design and the cloud-like bed had to of been designed for those who had just made a 17 hour drive (boy, were we sore!). It provided us with a sleep so immaculate that we rose complaint-free. ...Then again, the fact that we were headed to the most magical place on earth could have had a little something to do with it! -- The Hyatt left such a great impression on us, that we're going to be staying there again the night before our *crosses fingers* check-in at Disney.

tumblr_inline_mlugf4AILF1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mlugfiuhCf1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mlugfujKHo1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mlugg4AUSP1qz4rgp.jpg

We've gone through several back-up plans in case the DVC rental falls through (sad face).

1.) The Hyatt --

Pros - The Hyatt is the ultimate comfort. Very romantical and for a 6-night stay, we'd be paying $851.00. Though it's our most expensive option, it falls below our (very hopeful) budget of staying under $1,000.

Cons - The furthest stay from WDW. No Disney theming; less magic to greet us when we wake in the morning and fall asleep at night. Being off property, we'd have to pay parking fees, yuck. And extra magic hours would no longer be a part of the picture.

2.) A Courtyard Marriott (off property again - I know, BLASPHEMOUS!) --

Pros - We la-la-LOVE Marriott, and have family that could possibly hook us up with a discount. The closest off property option to the parks. Our cheapest room by far, coming in at $650.00

Cons - Again, zip-nada on the Disney magic bit. Those pesky parking fees, ewwy. And no extra time in the parks. Also, they like to tag on fees that seem to take forever and a day...and then another day, to be reimbursed.

and 3.) Staying at a Value - Pop Century --

Pros - We've stayed here and feel this is the absolute best theming for a value cost. Falls below the $1,000 budget that we've set - $774.00. LOTS of Disney magic. The EMHs are now within our grasp and there's always the possibility of AAA's room-only discount popping in to say hello (anyone heard anything about this for December by any chance?)!

Cons - Not the most comfortable beds. And.. and.. uhmm.. Okay, so I'm biased. And my brain hurts.

So with all of that said, not staying at one of Disney's resorts would obviously take away some stuff that we really consider to be a necessity while on vacation at Disney. Parking fees would tag on at LEAST an extra $100.00 (oh yes, I've done the math!). We're the type of people that rise and shine by the light of the moon and go hard all day, so extra magic hours are a HUGE plus. And the mere thought of being without the warm feeling of being surrounded by Disney... Sniffle, sniffle. I just, I just can't bear it!!! ...Okay I'm exaggerating, but only a little. -- All of these things are wonderful perks to have while vacationing at the World, but who know what will be available at the time of booking? Sometimes ya gotta do whatcha gotta do...I guess. *large exaggerative sigh*
C'mon now! I'm still getting a whole week of that sweet, sweet Disney love. And though that's one of the best things in life, my absolute favorite is the fact that I'll be there enjoying it with my new hubby. :lovestruc What on earth would I have to fuss about?

Ahead: Find out which plan we chose (I know, such a mystery!), and check out our 2013 WDW planner!

Good morning everybody! It’s extremely early in the A.M. and I’m basically hugging on this wonderful cup of yum (A.K.A. coffee):

tumblr_inline_mm5aywmmHW1qz4rgp.jpg

Toldja, I drink the stuff white. ;)

So when we left off, I was stuck in the middle of a major (hardly) contemplation… If Kidani doesn’t work out, where the heck are we going to do this thing??

…

Why, Pop Century, of course! EVERYONE knows.. or should, at least, be aware of on-property being the best possible choice in this situation.

1.) It’s way under budget *CHEER*
2.) EMHs, Baby! *DANCE*
3.) FREE parking *TWIRL*
4.) Disney magic allovertheplace *SPARKLE*
5.) and we’re so much closer to all the good stuff *SQUEAL*

So far we know:

When - December 2nd-8th
Where - Animal Kingdom Villas or Pop Century
Tickets - 6-Day base tickets without Park Hopper (would REALLY like to add the Hopper later if we can)
ADRs - Next time!
Special Events - MVMCP definitely!

So much work is left to be done!!!

Now I have some really great news that isn’t really but kind of is related to the topic at hand. Doug’s family is incredible and has not only paid for our room during honeymoon part deux in the Bahamas, but our plane ticket cost of what would have been a total of $1,200 is now only $461! Yay to frequent flyer miles!!
tumblr_inline_mm5b8vLKgA1qz4rgp.gif

We still need to get our passports ASAP, because I hear they can take up to several months to receive, but we plan to do that in the next couple of weeks. Doug’s sister had hers done recently and advised us to get our mandatory “most recent” pictures taken at Walgreens for $10.00 instead of getting it done at the post office because they charge you something like $50.00 WHAT. WHAT?!
tumblr_inline_mm5bc6hesI1qz4rgp.gif
I know, it’s pretty ridiculous.
How does this have anything to do with Disney, you ask? Well, let me tell you! With the extra money we’re saving we’ll be able to include more ADRs instead of just using counter and quick service, which was our original plan. Now, we’re still going to pinch pennies wherever we can, but we’ve decided to allow ourselves to do a bit of splurging here and there. I’m so excited, y’all!!!

I’ve started working on our Disneymoon planner, and as you can tell from the first few pictures below, I included one of Disney’s freshest faces: Spidey!

tumblr_inline_mm5bdvbjL01qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5be64qPz1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5becPvbA1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5behV7ab1qz4rgp.jpg

Remember how in my intro I mentioned three things: Spidey, dental floss and pretty little splarklies? Well there ya have it! — I wanted to do something that was a little less girly girly and a little more fiance-friendly. I think Doug really likes it!

tumblr_inline_mm5bg1FItE1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5bg5xpaY1qz4rgp.jpg

I’ve been using clear inserts so that if we decide to change any of the details, they can be erased. Dry erase markers, YAY!

tumblr_inline_mm5bgdJeZq1qz4rgp.jpg

Pardon the paw, my cat loves having his picture taken and will get in the shot any way that he can.

tumblr_inline_mm5bghRACw1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5bllGTKA1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5bgqis9W1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5bkbnp8S1qz4rgp.jpg

Here’s hoping!! *fingerscrossed*

tumblr_inline_mm5bikbSp41qz4rgp.jpg

I pre-ordered new maps for us today! This is where they’ll go.

tumblr_inline_mm5bisbTLy1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5bj0gx3k1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5bmrJXNA1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5bntwm4T1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5bnzMh031qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5bo6epCP1qz4rgp.jpg

Oh how I adore cupcakes… ♥

tumblr_inline_mm5boiD4pJ1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5botwaAZ1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm5bp0jGXf1qz4rgp.jpg

I have a few in mind. To be continued! — Any suggestions?

As you can see, it’s all very much a work in progress! I’ll post more once I start filling in the rest of the details.

Up ahead: It’s ADR time, Baby! Find out which yummies we’ve decided on!

NEWS UPDATE!!!!

We heard back from the lady that deals with DVC rentals. Unfortunately, there are NO rooms available. -- and ya know what? I'm not the least bit bummed out by this.
Doug says we can take the money we're saving and buy a Christmas tree and decorations to deck out our room with. This REALLY got me excited! :santa:

Kidani Villa - $840.00
Pop Century (Standard view) - $774.00

Total savings? $66.00

Plus, I've been doing more research on DVC points and renting, and there's really so much more to it than saving lots of money. So many risks are involved. There are absolutely NO refunds, and I read a story on the DIS where several people had rented points from a DVC member who had filed bankruptcy, so they were all left holding their breaths that their reservations would not be cancelled before DVC foreclosed. Eek, can you imagine?? -- With it being our honeymoon, I don't want any stress like that on our plate.

Not saying I will never ever go this route, but just that I'd rather we be more educated on it all!

Welp, gotta get ready and go get groceries. I hope you all have a magical day!! :flower3:

Looks like plans are well underway and I really like how you're organizing your binder - very cute!

Any chance of full cat pictures? haha....the paw has spoken! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter