Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World

We were on the first floor in bldg 10 which was right next to the main bldg before you went though the doors to "Andy's Room". I had the 5 yr old boy and 3 year old girl and I was generally heard to be yelling for them throughout Disney. I never thought it would actually get harder as my DD got older. :confused3
lol, we're about to go with a 5 yr old boy and 3 year old girl. There will be 5 adults on that trip, though......you're brave to go it alone ;-)

I figure 5-on-2....adults may be able to win.

We are thinking last week too. I am worried that I will miss free dining by one week though!! (so maybe planning on the week before) I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hit free dining, MNSSHP AND Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. How awesome would that be!!??

I thought this yr free dining was going until October 3rd (maybe I heard wrong), then I would move my week back too. For free food, um, yeah!!!

We were on the first floor in bldg 10 which was right next to the main bldg before you went though the doors to "Andy's Room". I had the 5 yr old boy and 3 year old girl and I was generally heard to be yelling for them throughout Disney. I never thought it would actually get harder as my DD got older. :confused3

Oh, that's cool, we were in building 9!!!!!

Ok, so I am going to finish off our first full day in Disney World. We left off coming back on the train from Rafiki's planet watch!!

I knew we were all getting tired, but it was just about time for the park to close and be open only to Resort guests, I really wanted to be there for that. So we all moved along. I also wanted to make sure we got the things done that I really wanted to do. So I suggested we head to It's tought to be a bug. I think the walkway leading into the Theatre was awesome. The kids were so amazed by that tree.

2009_0513EE.jpg

2009_0513EF.jpg

2009_0513EG.jpg

We probably only waited about 8 minutes for this show!!!!

Here are the girls getting ready to go in. Notice how Emily is giving Lizzie bunny ears, and Lizzie is doing it to Sam

2009_0513EH.jpg

2009_0513EI.jpg

Not sure how good you can see this, but Flik is talking to us up on the ceiling.

2009_0513EL.jpg

We all loved this show. Lizzie actually got a little scared a few times, but she's old enough to know that it is pretend. 2 people had to get up and leave with crying children. It definitely is a little scary for, i'd probably say 2-3 yr olds, if they tend to get scared easy. Some of the bugs sounded very mean.

After this show we headed over to Dinoland!! YAY!!!

2009_0513EM.jpg

Ah, so glad we had these misting fans.

2009_0513EN.jpg

Manny stopped at this point at another little gift cart and bought a pair of Mickey Mouse hands. They are plastic and they can grab things and pick them up. I know, we really needed those. I mean, the kids were not even asking for them. The kids were not even with him. We went to sit on a nearby bench while he was looking...... Can't take him anywhere!!!

Ok, so next Manny took Sam and went to relax on a bench while Me, Anthony, Emily and Lizzie rode Dinosaur. OH WOW, is all I can say, this ride is GREAT!!! I warned Lizzie before we rode that it was a little scary and Dinosaurs would be jumping out to scare us, but she wanted to ride. My little scaredy cat wanted to ride. And i'm so glad she did, she loved it.

2009_0513EO.jpg

2009_0513EP.jpg

We are in the back row in this picture, this is where the big Dinosaur jumps out at us.

2009_0513ER.jpg

Anthony swears he was covering his eyes from the light of the camera......I won't say any different.
Lizzie was scared on one part where it looks like a big mac truck is going to run into your car. She jumped, she still talks about that, but she was fine, she said she loved it.

Next we took Lizzie out to join Manny and Sam who were relaxing with ice cream, and Me Anthony, and Emily went to ride Primeval whirl, Lizzie was not tall enough for that one. I was alittle nervous, I thought there would be alot more spinning then there was. It was a very jerky ride though. But we all liked it.

2009_0513ES.jpg

2009_0513EX.jpg

2009_0513EY.jpg

2009_0513FA.jpg

continued in the next post.....

After Primeval whirl I figured we'd ride the flying Dinos there, because Sam had just sat out on 2 rides. Although it was a long day, and I think they were enjoying sitting down very much.

2009_0513FB.jpg

2009_0513FD.jpg

2009_0513FF.jpg

2009_0513FG.jpg

Me, Lizzie and Sam sat up front and Emily and Anthony sat in the back. Ya know, Anthony never said he wanted to sit out any of the rides that were for the little ones. At this point Manny was still on the bench so Ant could have said he wanted to stay with him, but he always came and had fun. He's such a good boy!!! And I must say the same for the girls, when they had to sit rides out, they never complained either.

After that we walked around Dinoland a little taking some pics, it is really neat there.
And here is one of my favorites from the trip!!!!

2009_0513FL.jpg

And this next one with all of the kids is actually Manny's favorite. So for Father's Day I am making him a calendar with this pic on it. He loves cars too, so it's perfect.

2009_0513FM.jpg

2009_0513FN.jpg

Ok, so after we walked under this big guy, you know what we would see Right???? You're right if you guessed Expedition Everest!!! Anthony, I knew hated rollercoasters, Emily has never even been on a rollercoaster in her life, and Lizzie and Sam are not tall enough. So who made me go on this CRAZY ride and wanted to ride again....In where I had to draw the line, I was not riding again. POSTED BELOW IS THE CULPRIT

2009_0513FS.jpg

Darn that little Emily, I just couldn't say no

2009_0513FV.jpg

2009_0513FY.jpg

There we are right up front!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and Manny were so surprised that she wanted to go on that and liked it. So we went into the gift shop and bought that picture in an 8 by 10 for $20. And we're gonna frame it of course. Manny bought Lizzie a stuffed Yeti and Emily wanted a stuffed Yeti that was alittle smaller, but it had a keychain attached and she put it on her lanyard, it looked awesome.

After all of this excitement, which we only waited about 15 minutes for during EMH, it was 7:30 and we were tired and ready to head back.
Sam stopped along the way because she spotted this.

2009_0513GA.jpg

This guy crossed our path, I thought it was so funny to see these guys walking around all over the place, so different than home.

2009_0513GB.jpg

Waiting for the bus

2009_0513GD.jpg

When we got back to the hotel we figured we'd get some ice cream and sit out at the table by the pool. It was a gorgeous night, there was music playing and we sat there for about an hour, it was a perfect end to an awesome day

2009_0513GE.jpg

2009_0513GF.jpg

2009_0513GG.jpg

We stopped to see RC in the dark

2009_0513GJ.jpg

2009_0513GM.jpg

2009_0513GN.jpg

Looking into the second room ( I was just taking room pics)

2009_0513GP.jpg

And Lizzie ready for bed with her Yeti!!!

2009_0513GQ.jpg

That was our first full day in Disney World, it was probably my favorite day of the whole trip, running up against our day off day, where I had a surprise planned for everyone, even Manny!!!

Up next will be our Hollywood Studios Day!!!!!

Sounds like a wonderful end to your day at AK. Isn't AK a great park? I love it!!! Interesting that your girls (minus Sam) enjoyed Dino. I don't love it, its just not me, but think Steve will. Maybe he can take Jack & Cat on it.

LOL At Manny and his shopping. Did the man know it was only day 1 of the trip? LOL

Can't wait for more!!!

What a fun TR!!! Your family is gorgeous and your pictures are wonderful :goodvibes Looking forward to the next update! popcorn::

Your first trip is so exciting. Fortunately ALL your trips to WDW are just as exciting. It seems like you all had a great day. Your kids all look like they are having a blast. I can't wait to hear more.

Sounds like a wonderful end to your day at AK. Isn't AK a great park? I love it!!! Interesting that your girls (minus Sam) enjoyed Dino. I don't love it, its just not me, but think Steve will. Maybe he can take Jack & Cat on it.

LOL At Manny and his shopping. Did the man know it was only day 1 of the trip? LOL

Can't wait for more!!!

Oh, yes, he realized it was only the first day, he loves to buy unecessary things. Although, I don't really see anything at Disney unecessary, so I never complained:goodvibes

What a fun TR!!! Your family is gorgeous and your pictures are wonderful :goodvibes Looking forward to the next update! popcorn::

Thanks

Your first trip is so exciting. Fortunately ALL your trips to WDW are just as exciting. It seems like you all had a great day. Your kids all look like they are having a blast. I can't wait to hear more.

Yes, this trip was so amazing, we all had so much fun, can't wait for my next one.

Just have to add too, that while i'm sitting here on the computer, Sam is playing CARS on the playstation, but she is humming It's a small world, over and over again. I havn't said anything to her cause I don't want her to stop, she's completely in her own little world driving Lightening McQueen around:wizard: So cute!!

Ok, I had to put my new ticker up for next year!!! I looked at the 2010 calendar and we know we want to go the last week, so I pretty much know the dates, sure they could change by a day or two but I felt so....not right without my ticker telling me that, indeed I will go back:goodvibes

I feel better now!!

I picked the Haunted Mansion background because that was our first ride of our Disney trip and our last ride of our Disney Trip. How's that for special. And of course the little ghost mickey went along perfect, seeing how Mickey's Halloween party will be going on:banana:

It looks like ya'll had a great day. I know it was easy to get everyone in bed that night. It gets exhausting walking around AK in the heat. Can't wait for the next installment.

Ok, I had to put my new ticker up for next year!!! I looked at the 2010 calendar and we know we want to go the last week, so I pretty much know the dates, sure they could change by a day or two but I felt so....not right without my ticker telling me that, indeed I will go back:goodvibes

I feel better now!!

I picked the Haunted Mansion background because that was our first ride of our Disney trip and our last ride of our Disney Trip. How's that for special. And of course the little ghost mickey went along perfect, seeing how Mickey's Halloween party will be going on:banana:

If tradition holds true you will be there for free dining :thumbsup2. It does make it seem real when you have that ticker going on the bottom of your posts.
You have officially been bitten by the Mouse bug, and there is no known cure for the venom :love:.

What a great day! I'm so glad you guys had so much fun on this trip! I can't wait to see more!

I added a ticker for next year too! I'm sure the dates will change at some point! I'm hoping free dining goes into October next year too because my bday is Oct. 9th so I would like to be there for that and free dining and F&W Festival and MNSSHP!:rotfl: It will be fun to plan for that time with you and Nickie again!

Love your first day. It is full of pictures, characters and rides, my picture perfect day! I don't think we ever had one like that, haha. I am so bad at picture, DS didn't want to do all the characters but we did ride LOTS of rides!

Going back next Oct sounds perfect. MNSSHP is amazing and Oct is a great time to come to FL. Weather is great. Warm, but not as humid.

:) Day 2!!! Waiting patiently.

It looks like ya'll had a great day. I know it was easy to get everyone in bed that night. It gets exhausting walking around AK in the heat. Can't wait for the next installment.

Oh, yes, they all asked me if they could go to sleep now, I wasn't prepared for that. It was great though.

If tradition holds true you will be there for free dining :thumbsup2. It does make it seem real when you have that ticker going on the bottom of your posts.
You have officially been bitten by the Mouse bug, and there is no known cure for the venom :love:.

I know, I'm really hoping they offer free dining again next year, that will be the icing on the cake for our next trip. Especially seeing how Emily will be an "adult" next year as well.

And I have been bitten by the Mouse bug, I thought I was bad before the trip.....

What a great day! I'm so glad you guys had so much fun on this trip! I can't wait to see more!

I added a ticker for next year too! I'm sure the dates will change at some point! I'm hoping free dining goes into October next year too because my bday is Oct. 9th so I would like to be there for that and free dining and F&W Festival and MNSSHP!:rotfl: It will be fun to plan for that time with you and Nickie again!

Oh, I'm so excited, I can't wait until it's that time again for pre trip reports. I hope your dates don't change too much, it sure would be awesome to plan with you guys again. We are shooting for the last week of September, so my dates shouldn't change:goodvibes
We'll be ready to start a pre trip report again before you know it!!!!!

Happy Birthday Pam!!!!!! :bday: Great Pictures. I agree with Manny, love the one in the car! party:

Thank You very much!!!!

Sounds like you had a wonderful first day! Glad Emily had a good time on EE!

Oh, it was wonderful, and Emily is still talking about Everest.

Love your first day. It is full of pictures, characters and rides, my picture perfect day! I don't think we ever had one like that, haha. I am so bad at picture, DS didn't want to do all the characters but we did ride LOTS of rides!

I know, I did get a lot of good pics. I actually got alot of good pics the entire trip. I was just so excited:goodvibes

Going back next Oct sounds perfect. MNSSHP is amazing and Oct is a great time to come to FL. Weather is great. Warm, but not as humid.

:) Day 2!!! Waiting patiently.

I know I'm very excited about visiting at a different time of year. We did go to Orlando in 2005, in March, so September will be a totally different experience i'm sure. And i'm already excited for Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party.

I will try my hardest to get the next installment up before I leave for work tonight. This is the first day i'm feeling better, i've been so sick, and I have a lot to do. I have to go renew my license, Me and My Mom are going shopping for my bday, and I have to run to the market.

Now that I type it out, that kind of is alot, and I have to be to work at 4pm:confused3

Well your first day was great! So many great pictures of the kids. i love the one with Lizzie all tucked in with the yeti :goodvibes.

What a great first full day!

I love the pictures of the kids they are all great but I especially agree with Manny the picture with the car is so cool...you can see in their faces they are having so much fun together....

Can we go to sleep now...I am not surprised you guys had an action packed day....good planning.

Congrats to Emily I love Everest....and Congrats to YOU too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter