Our very first official trip fort wilderness over christmas 2013

Great trip report! Looks like y'all are having a blast! We have family in MN and WI. We enjoy visiting them, but only in summer!

We are officially on the first day of our 2nd and last week--- I try not to think of it because it already makes me sad to think of leaving. We've had our neighbors on all 3 sides leave once during our time here, and each time it's just a reminder that the "real world" is just out there waiting... But then I remember we still have 7 more beautiful glorious days here, and I try to focus on that instead... Already thinking ahead to our next trip, and that helps as well... With my mom staying at POP, we've had a chance to see "that" side of things on this trip just a little bit, and to be honest I've come to a conclusion that the fort is truly the reason I love this place so much. If I stayed at a place like POP, I would not feel the heart wrenching desire to be here as much as possible- it just would not appeal to me at all. But the Fort- everything about it- from seeing 4 deer last night while driving thru the loops to hearing the sounds of the boats and the fireworks to the smell of the horses when we get off the bus- to us it's home. We live on a horse farm in northern MN, and in the fall we sit out on our deck and we can smell the horses, and hear the birds in the trees, and sometimes even have a deer walk by- I guess maybe that's part of it- this really IS like home to us. But yet it also has the magic somehow of Disney----it's an amazing thing....

But before I bore you all to death, let me post some pictures of random things here at the fort. We are at site 1433, and I couldn't ask for a better spot. We are about 30 feet away from the nighttime campfire and movie- we can actually sit outside and watch it from our site if we want! And a comfort station is just one site down from us- simply walk into the ditch and go about 50 feet and there it is! There is room behind the motorhome for our tent, and even a spot to hang a line for wet towel and swimsuits- all tucked away in the trees so it's not very noticeable. We have all our Christmas stuff out, a rental car, 2 golf carts, 6 bikes, our tent, and our loooong RV, and we still have plenty of room! So for those of you wondering about what this loop is like, that may help! We requested being by the pool and by a comfort station when we made our reservation over a year ago, and they certainly did a wonderful job accommodating us! :)
COMING BACK TO THE FORT

OUR SITE

CHRISTMAS MORNING AT THE FORT

CHRISTMAS MORNING AT THE FORT

RANDOM FORT PICTURE

TURKEY AT THE FORT!

JUST HANGING OUT MAKING BALLOON ANIMALS

THE TRAIL RIDING PLACE- SAMMI AND I ARE DOING THIS THURSDAY!

PASTURES BY THE TRAIL RIDING SPOT

BEHIND THE STABLES

Great report! Like you we are waiting for a blizzard to hit us here in NH tonight! About 9 in then another one Frin oh well , that's the northeast!will arrive there as soon as we dig:thumbsup2 out! Again great pictures!

Here are some pictures of Christmas things at the Fort I thought everyone would enjoy!

A SITE AT THE FORT

FIREWORKS IN THE FOG- WATCHING FROM THE BEACH

WAITING FOR THE FIREWORKS ON THE BEACH

CROCKETTS TAVERN AT NIGHT

GOING TO REFILL DRINK CUPS

ANOTHER PRETTY SITE

MY FAVORITE GUY :-)

ANOTHER AMAZING SITE

Serenitygr, it was good to meet you last night. Wonderful family. I hope your days are magical for the rest of your say, and your generator can be fixed. If you have time, come on over to 1450. We are here, and can talk about all our cold family and friends up north! Barb & Bill

We stopped by around 9:30 am yesterday,will try again.

I am loving the trip report !!! Glad to see you guys having so much fun. Prayers to you and your family. I love the memories with the RV. Those kids will never forget that trip they took to Disney with the RV backfiring all the way...:rotfl2:
Looking forward to hearing more !!!

Well Hi everyone! Here we are- Sunday night- sitting at the pool at the Fort- finally getting a chance to update! First- I want to say how awesome and amazing it has been to meet some of the people from the DIS board. You guys are simply wonderful- it's like meeting someone you've talked to for years but never met, and now all of a sudden you are REAL! And everyone has been so nice- asking about our motorhome and my brother- I have just really been touched by all that :flower3:

Regarding the motorhome- we headed out today- Joe put new plugs, wires, and a bunch of other stuff in it this week, and we were hopeful. But we didn't even make it off Disney property- Joe said it is never going to make it home. So we proceeded to order a new carburetor and booked 2 more nights back at the Fort. The new parts will be in Tuesday- we just need to find a way to get there to pick them up- and hopefully that will fix the problem. Unfortunately for some reason it doesn't seem to be shifting right now either- we will be lucky to make it home. Or unlucky, depending on how you look at the weather. It's supposed to be 60 below there tonight :eek: My brothers home had the whole heating system freeze up, and all the pipes in the house have broke- the insurance people were there today, so we are waiting to hear the outcome- the house could be a total loss.... I am sad for him, but it's his vacation home, and not his permanent residence yet, so at least that is good....

And regarding my brother- he and his family actually drove up to the Fort yesterday to visit with us, so we got to give him a tour of the Fort. (he loved it) And we spent another wonderful few hours together- every second we have is a gift, and I am so thankful for it. He's doing good, other than getting tired easily, but he actually drove up and drove back to Camp Macks, so life is continuing for him in a very blessed way. :)

So that is the news from us! I'm going to post some pictures here soon- just sitting here while Joe and the kids swim.... Maybe I'll still get to meet more of you tomorrow!

Loving your report but I can tell you - Grandma would certainly like to get her hands on the guy that sold you that RV. He's got some 'splaining to do! I hope you poor dears get home safely.

GOING TO GET ON THE BOAT TO MAGIC KINGDOM

A FRIEND AT THE FORT

THE BEACH

ANOTHER FRIEND!

TURKEYS AT THE BEACH

MAGIC KINGDOM YESTERDAY (SATURDAY) AS WE WERE LEAVING AROUND 11AM

HAVING FUN AT THE POOL!

THE KIDS FAVORITE PLACE TO BE

PIONEER HALL- I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO CATCH THE HOOP DEE DOO PERFORMERS GETTING READY TO GO IN- IT WAS FUN TO SEE!

DOWN BY THE BARN AT THE LAKE

INSIDE THE BARN- STORING THE SLEIGHS FOR THE SLEIGH RIDES

THE PONY AREA (WE LOVE THE HORSES!)

LINE FOR THE HOOP DEE DOO!

TRAILS END RESTAURANT

TRAILS END AGAIN

DOWN AT TRAILS END

Loving your report but I can tell you - Grandma would certainly like to get her hands on the guy that sold you that RV. He's got some 'splaining to do! I hope you poor dears get home safely.

LOL Thank you LindaBabe- I hope we do too! I'm actually starting to miss home a little bit! We can't blame the guy we bought it from tho- we got it 2 years ago, and haven't used it before now, and it actually ran decently at home when we brought it to town for new brakes, and then again for new tires. It was only about halfway down here that all the fun began.... I'm starting to wonder if we will ever make it home tho.... We were lucky we had enough money left to stay 2 more nights- after Monday night we'll have to camp at walmarts if we can't get home LOL

Hi everyone! Just an update- yesterday we got the new carburetor, went about an hour, and it was leaking gas everywhere- just like the other one did. So we ended up having to stay at a campground in Wildwood, call the auto parts store- tell them what was happening- determined that it was a defective part, and they were supposed to overnight another carburetor to the parts store right where we were in Wildwood. Lovely. So they called this morning- said the new one was in- only problem is they shipped it back to the one in Kissimee, so now we have to go ALL the way back 60 miles to where we just were yesterday to get it and try this one. OMG I am seriously going to have a breakdown before this trip is over... So we are right now on our way back to Kissimee- if any one wants to come say hi meet us at the auto parts store :lmao:

Sorry- no more pictures- I've been busy posting them on Craigs List trying to sell our motorhome to the oil fields in North Dakota....:goodvibes

I don't know how you are holding it all together, I don't think I would be able to go threw all that and be sane at the end of it. I know things break down but your luck is crazy.

Your picture were so awesome, I totally enjoyed them.
Did you do the walk thru on the Christmas site with the big black RV, he had a Mickey head in the window? His site was awesome, we took the grandkids to do the walk thru a few nights before we left.

I think once you get home and and reflex on your memories that you made with your family, that you will declare this the best trip ever!

I don't know how you are holding it all together, I don't think I would be able to go threw all that and be sane at the end of it. I know things break down but your luck is crazy.

Your picture were so awesome, I totally enjoyed them.
Did you do the walk thru on the Christmas site with the big black RV, he had a Mickey head in the window? His site was awesome, we took the grandkids to do the walk thru a few nights before we left.

I think once you get home and and reflex on your memories that you made with your family, that you will declare this the best trip ever!

LOL- I don't have any choice but to try to hold things together- with 4 young kids, they need mom to be their rock too, so they don't worry.... But it's getting tougher and tougher, to be honest....:sad1: We are getting the 3rd carb of the trip put in right now- we'll see what happens....

We did walk through the most amazing site right on the road- must be the same one- it's was simply awesome to see! I wish my camera took better pictures....

You might be right about the memories, but it's going to take awhile to reach that point. At this point, I'm ready to just drive this home whether it blows up the engine or not... We've got a horse farm, and our 14 dogs at home right now, and they are all ready to get back to normal life- not to mention me! Keep your fingers crossed this will do the trick....

On a bright note, he got the transmission working again, which amazingly somehow made the cruise control start working- :confused3 If it wasnt' for bad luck, thought...... well- you know the saying.....

Sorry- no more pictures- I've been busy posting them on Craigs List trying to sell our motorhome to the oil fields in North Dakota....:goodvibes

Some fracker in ND just might buy it off you too!

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter