Our very first booking, need to share ;)

julmops

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Just thought I would share my excitement with you all ...
Just booked 2 nights at Grand Californian in January in a studio ...
Very first time we are booking using our points and very very excited about it ! I booked on the dot at 8am ET at 7 months window and had no problem getting what I wanted ...
Will try the same next week with Aulani, I will need 8 nights this time ... Bring it on !!!

Very first booking for us for August, 2009 was Grand Californian Resort..
we used what they then called "Developer Points"...WOW...2 connecting
rooms, beautiful rooms for 4 nights, FREE! When we purchased fall of 08 at AKV they were giving "incentive developer points" matching points to be used within a year I believe...Grand Californian Villas were scheduled to open I believe Sept,09 and were almost done...

We stayed in San Diego for 3 nights, toured around there, hit the "beaches":beach then drove to DL for 4 great nights!

We had a fabulous time!

5 years later, 3 weeks ago, just returned from a 7 night, 8 long day GLORIOUS trip to Aulani!
Was FABULOUS!:cheer2:

Hope you are successful at booking Aulani...Prepare to reserve more than standard view if you are a non Aulani owner like us...Was on line exactly at 8:00, wanted standard 2 BR, for end of May, not available..Wound up booking extra points for island view and LOVED IT! :dance3: With retrospect, very happy that we had the island view! Not planning on getting back to Aulani for 4 or 5 years, so the extra points was worth it.. LOVED our 2 BR lockoff, island view with view of the ocean! Doesn't get better than that!:woohoo:

WELCOME AND ENJOY DVC!:welcome:

Thanks all ! I'm looking at going straight to the Ocean View so hopefully will be fine, fingers crossed !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter