• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

our upcoming trip...sound do-able?

igitur

Mouseketeer
we're fast approaching our upcoming trip to CA and just wondering if anyone had any input on our planned itinerary:

Day 1 - Fly into Las Vegas, pick up our mini camper.
Day 2,3 - Drive from Vegas up to Yosemite, 2 nights in the campgrounds, one in Tuolumne Meadows and one in North Pines.
Day 4, 5 - Drive to SFO, 2 nights at Marriott, Fisherman's Wharf, visiting Alcatraz, Sausalito, other area sites.
day 6 - Stop in San Jose to visit relatives, drive to campsite in Pfeiffer Big Sur
day 7 - Drive to campsite in Pismo Beach
day 8 - Drive to campsite in Los Carillos State Park
day 9, 10 - Drive to Anaheim for 2 night stay at GCV
day 10 - drive back to Las Vegas and fly home.

Any tips or suggestions based on our itinerary are welcome. We plan on stops along the PCH to take it all in. We'll have our kids, ages 14 and 16 with us.

Thanks!

Buy your tickets for Alcatraz online before you go. They are usually sold out when trying to purchase them on the day you want to go.

Sounds doable but I'd be prepared for some long drives! :drive: Are you driving from Vegas to Yosemite on day 2? Depending on what route you take, it is probably north of 6 hours but the camper will probably make it more comfortable and keep your kids entertained. If you're driving up to Yosemite mostly in NV, I believe thats the shortest route, make sure you have lots of water, it can get very hot in that desert area, especially in the summer.

thanks! Actually, I went back and made an adjustment today after looking at the drive and decided we would stop near Bishop (Keough Springs) for a night and then hit Yosemite so that it's not such a long drive.

And yep, we've already booked Alcatraz, doing the evening tour.

Thanks again for the input!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter