Our Trip to The Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco with pics!

disney4metoo

Mouseketeer
This is my first trip report! I'm am sorry for all the errors!

Cast members, me, DH, DD. DS (17) stayed at home to go to a youth group "day on the lake."

We are here at the Fairmont Hotel in San Fransisco as DVC guests. This was part of the incentive when we purchased VGC in DL.

We pulled up to the Fairmont and as the valet tried to open the door, my DD frantically looked for her shoes... we realized, we forgot them! We decided to switch cars at the last moment and my DH transferred all our luggage out of one car into the other. In the 90 degree weather, the rush to get here, we forget to transfer my DD three pairs of shoes she had in the truck of the first car.

I could not help but laugh as the young man grab the car door, and I held it shut ( for a split second) while I gathered my thoughts; our DD was shoe less in San Fransisco. We were at the world renowned Fairmont Hotel, and she would have to walk in barefoot. If we would have found out this news seconds earlier, we could have whizzed passed the valet and found a store and purchased shoes.

Quickly thinking, I remember I had another pair of sandals under the seat. I grabbed them and gave them to her, gratefully she put them on! She is 19 years old and was so embarrassed about the whole situation- she would definitely wear mom's shoes!

Fortunately, we checked in and they upgraded us to a one bedroom suite with a terrace and a view of the city, and partial bay view!

Our room was great! We went downstairs to the Tonga Lounge and tried their "Best Happy Hour in SF." We were disappointed! It was late so we ordered room service so we could enjoy the terrace.

Next, off in a taxi to Macy's to get shoes before they closed! Needless to say, my daughter was happy- she got three new pairs of shoes! A dressy pair, tennis shoes, and a pair of sandals! She was very happy we forgot her shoes! We were happy, because they were all on sale!

I also have a disclaimer* View at your own risk, I forget my camera, so I had to use my cell phone. :headache: Sorry about the bad photos!

DAY 2 On this short weekend trip we were just with our daughter, so we let her set the pace, which means she sleeps in late and we do not leave the hotel until 11:00AM. I am an early riser, so this was hard, but I had to remember we were on a mini vacation! We went to the De Young Museum; it was late in the morning and we were lucky to get a parking spot in the garage. I enjoyed the oil paintings!

Our daughter chose where we would go for dinner, the Cheesecake Factory next to Macy's ( I'm sensing an ulterior motive.):innocent: We had dinner, she shopped a little bit, while we sat at Starbucks with a great view of the center square on Market; we returned to the hotel via taxi. It was nice having a terrace in the city, my DH and I enjoyed it immensely! It was 9:00PM and my DD wanted to get comfortable and use her computer;DH and I decided to go to "The Top of the Mark" right across the street at the Mark Hopkins Hotel.
Breathtaking, just about sums it up!

Day 3 We ate breakfast on the terrace, DD awoke around 10:00AM, and we left the hotel around 12:00PM. We went to Fisherman's Wharf, then on to Crissy Field (below the Golden Gate) to have a BBQ / picnic.
0712091237.jpg

The Fairmont in S.F.
0712091131.jpg

0712091130a.jpg

downsized_0712091136.jpg

downsized_0712091129.jpg

More photos from Crissy Field (where we had our picnic)! My brother lives about 30 minutes from this location, and windsurfs here all the time! See the Golden Gate Bridge in the background!

0712091321.jpg

Our view!
0712090931a.jpg

0711092032.jpg

0711092036.jpg

These pics obviously do not due the Fairmont justice.

downsized_0712091127b.jpg

0712091128b.jpg

I like history, so I was very interested in these pictures of past guests of the Fairmont!

0711092045.jpg

downsized_0711092046a.jpg

downsized_0711092045a.jpg

0711092044b-1.jpg

Last but not least my beautiful picnic basket I bought especially for our picnic by the Golden Gate Bridge! Well actually not for this picnic, but for a concert in the park, but that doesn't fit well into the story line!:faint:

downsized_0712091224-1-1.jpg

We had a great time in S.F. and would definitely stay at the Fairmont again!

Love the shoe story - if one must go shoe shopping I cannot think of a better place;)

How was the weather? We will be there next month and everyone I talk to says it can be really cool and windy. Was it foggy alot? I am excited about staying at the Fairmont and seeing SF. We have never been to the west coast so there is much for us to see. Thanks for the pics!

How was the weather? We will be there next month and everyone I talk to says it can be really cool and windy. Was it foggy alot? I am excited about staying at the Fairmont and seeing SF. We have never been to the west coast so there is much for us to see. Thanks for the pics!

The weather was beautiful, around 70 degrees! It was a little foggy early in the morning, but by 10:00AM it was sunny! S.F. can be very windy and cold, however, we were lucky! Although, at night it was much colder- typical of S.F. weather. You will love the hotel, there is so much history and it is beautiful! There is much to see, I hope you have a fabulous time! :goodvibes

pretty pics! Thanks for sharing.

Was the "Top of the Mark" a very dressy place? Was there a cover charge? Was it loud or did you just have a cocktail?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter