Our Trip Plan!!

Annie.G

Earning My Ears
Hello all, am a newbie here so thought I would tell you all about our plan and ask a few bits of advice.
We are off to Disney on Fri 26th October in our motorhome taking our youngest daughter with us - she has been before but was still in my tummy 11 years ago!! We are travelling via Eurotunnel(booked with good old Tesco vouchers for nothing..yippee..love a bargain!:thumbsup2 ) after a bit of research I have found out that we can park in the coach park for 20 Euros a night (another bargain!!) we are very self sufficient in the van - shower, loo, tv, dvd etc. Original plan was to have 2 whole days in the parks but we have decided to stay another day and travel home on Tuesday. I had already purchased our two day hopper tickets, so doubt I'll be able to change them for 3 day ones. Do you think it's worth purchasing another day hopper each before we go or should we play it by ear and purchase them when we get there? Was also worried re the postal strike whether I would receive them in time. We plan to arrive early evening on Friday and spend the evening having a meal at Disney Village. Then its fun, fun, fun, for the next three days:woohoo: .
We were wondering if it would be worth taking our bikes to cycle to the shopping center or is it within walking distance?
Your thoughts and any advice would be appreciated.
Regards
Annie

Not sure about the tickets but the shopping centre is quite a way away: you'd be better off driving there!

We would love to have a camper van and do this. Sounds fantastic.

Depending what it is you want to buy from the shopping centre it may be easier just getting supplies from the small supermarket in the train station (next to park entrance) or from the ESSO garage next to Santa Fe.

Re tickets- It might be worth asking when you arrive if you can upgrade to a 3 day ticket. Probably best to do this on day 1 rather than day 2.
The other option is to upgrade to annual pass. As you didnt buy the tickets as part of a package I think they should give you the full price back- but check beforehand at AP office. Again this needs to be done on day 1.

Oh and Welcome to DIS boards.

Thank you both for your replies, they are much appreciated! It really is a big adventure for us as it's the first time we have been abroad in the van. We have travelled a lot round Britain and as a family the van has changed our lives...the possibilities are endless!!
Will take your advice and leave the bikes at home and drive to the shopping centre.
As for the tickets do you think it is worth trying to change them whilst there? Don't want to waste valuable time queueing to change etc...just want to get on having fun:goodvibes .
We wanted to eat at Rain Forest the first night but when we rang up you can't book:confused3 so we are going to opt for Cafe Mickey as have eaten at Planet Hollywood loads of times at various locations. Do you think it would be worth booking this with it being a Friday night?
How busy do you think it is likely to be? I know that English half term is next week - we are from Wales so ours is the following week but am sure I read somewhere that it is French half term. At least we will have the Monday so we will have to run around like headless chickens:upsidedow
Am planning to fill the van up with wine and goodies for Christmas on the way home - may have to leave hubby there to make more room:rotfl: Where do you think the best place to buy would be? At Calais or the one at Disney?
My daughter thinks that this is going to be the best week of her life as on the Wednesday and Thursday before we go she and her pals are filming for 'Best of Friends' for the BBC... Life doesn't get any better when your 10.
Thanks again for you lovely welcome to the forums
Annie (one very excited bunny!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter