Our trip for the Dis 10th anniversary

pjweaver

just happy to be here
My wife and I were planning a July trip to coincide with my birthday. With the Dis having their 10th anniversary the following week, we decided to make it a bit latter (though I will wear a birthday button one day). We will travel from the 19th to the 28th of July and stay in a studio at the Boardwalk Villas. We had rented points through David's DVC before the Dis had posted their special rates and bought park hoppers through my wife's union at a discount.

This is mainly for followers on here that want to meet up over the anniversary
Current (preliminary) itinerary in eastern time:
7/19
05:30; flight departs
07:50; land in ORL, Magical express
11:30 lunch at Big River
4:00 check in and perhaps a nap
7:00 Dinner @ Via Napoli
9:00 Frozen ride (assuming it's open

7/20
8:30 Garden Grill breakfast
9:45 Soarin'
10:45 Mission Space
12:00 Frozen
Afternoon at Disney Springs
8:00 JellyRolls

7/21
9:30 Kona Cafe
the Mountains FPP
6:15 BOG
Evening of HM and JC
watch Wishes from SFRTH

7/22
8:30 Tusker House breakfast (or earlier if hours get extended or ROL package can work)
10:00 Safari
11:00 Everest
12:00 Kali
12:15 head home to get dry clothes and nap
4:00 return to AK

7/23
8:00 Boardwalk Bakery
9:00 TSMM
10:00 Star Tours
11:00 Tower of Terror
2:00 50's Prime Time
4:00 Epcot Visa Meet and Greet
6:00 Star Wars launch bay
8:00 the Dis takeover of Atlantic City Dancehall

7/24
Freeform Sunday

7/25
THE DIS 10 ANNIVERSARY MEET & LIVE SHOW

7/26
Breakfast at Sleepy Hollow
10:00 Space Mountain
11:00 BTMRR
12:00 Pirates
1:00 Liberty Tree Tavern

7/27-7/28 are open

These are still unscheduled but are must do's
Epcot drinking/eating around the world
Trader Sams
Hanger Bar
13 rides on the ToT
Hot air balloon ride Characters In Flight at DS
Wishes fireworks cruise
Star Wars fireworks (perhaps the party)
Behind the Seeds tour

Last edited:
You uber-planners make my brain hurt.

We have no plans as of yet. Most likely, we will arrive on July 20. We will either stay at a Disney value or offsite. We have APs. We will not be making ADRs or FPs in advance. And I have no idea what day we will be in which park. That isn't something we plan in advance. We will likely head for home on July 27.

I'm certainly up to meet and greet my fellow DIS friends. Just tell me when and where.

The Uber planning has not even begun. Our must do dining is planned, but we will have this scheduled to the last minute. Our speadsheet is part of our fun and my wife and I discuss it every time we talk. We know that skipping something will not be the end of the world and can work on the fly, but we like planning it out to break up the monotony of daily life.

We are planning when to go to the Friars Nook for pot roast mac & cheese. We just enjoy the planning part and it gives us that Disney fix. We also have no problem canceling if we decide we need to sleep in one morning or find something we would rather do.

We just enjoy the planning part
I get that. I just don't. To me, having things scheduled in advance would ruin the fun of the trip. We want to wing it, make it up as we go along based on what we're in the mood for, the weather, what other people are doing, etc.

We had enough trouble deciding where to go for dinner last night at home. Trying to plan a meal months in advance wouldn't be enjoyable to us at all.

Different strokes....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter