Our Trick AND Treat- DD's Surprise Bday Trip! 11/4 Get Movin'

Gotcha. Smart thinking about the ticker. :thumbsup2 So after this trip, will you join the masses for school vacation weeks?? If I remember correctly, the school she will be going too really doesn't like it when you take them out, right?

You ARE remembering correctly! I don't know what I'm going to do. It saddens me to think about it. We might have to give up our trips for awhile :scared1: The Kindergarten teacher isn't as picky so I think we'll be okay taking her out for 2 days. I can't imagine anything more torturous than school vacation week though!

I'm heeeeeeeeeeeeeere! :goodvibes

What zoo did you go to? Those photos are better than AK safari ones! :rotfl:

Hi! The pics are from Franklin Park. Glad you enjoyed them!

Hi Kristine! :wave2:

We'll be there in October, too (just a week later!) I can't wait to do MNSSHP; it'll be our first one!

Good luck with keeping the secret... here's some pixiedust to help! pixiedust:

Kathy

Hi Kristine! :wave2:

We'll be there in October, too (just a week later!) I can't wait to do MNSSHP; it'll be our first one!

Good luck with keeping the secret... here's some pixiedust to help! pixiedust:

Kathy

:welcome: Thanks for reading! You are going to LOVE MNSSHP. It was soooo much fun! Check out my last TR (link in 1st page of this) if you want to see some pics!

How come I didn't know about this pre-trippie? Don't I get to be in on the planning? I might just have to go off and pout!!!

How come I didn't know about this pre-trippie? Don't I get to be in on the planning? I might just have to go off and pout!!!

Oh you certainly do....especially since my child gave you a laundry list of things to make her ;) (can you imagine what she would have come up with if she actually KNEW she was going????) I was thinking yesterday that she really only left me traveling day outfit, an AK outfit, and CP outfit. Although I've bought way too much fabric so she'll definitely being getting some sundresses this summer.

I'm here....count me in!!! How exciting you get to surprise her with a birthday trip!!! I wanna do that for my two sometime. I love all the pics when she was a baby. They grow up way too fast, don't they??

So what are your plans for her actual birthday? Are you ordering any special kind of Disney cake??? I want details....LOL.

:rotfl:

I'm here....count me in!!! How exciting you get to surprise her with a birthday trip!!! I wanna do that for my two sometime. I love all the pics when she was a baby. They grow up way too fast, don't they??

So what are your plans for her actual birthday? Are you ordering any special kind of Disney cake??? I want details....LOL.

:rotfl:

Good question! I have so much to look into. Does anyone know if you can get a cake at 1900 PF?

First, I have to figure out a final park schedule. This is what I'm thinking right now. Friday- just hang out at hotel. Sat- MK all day (BBB in the am, 1900 PF at night), Sunday- AK in am/MNSSHP for evening, Monday- Epcot all day for Food and Wine Festival (now I might lose my DH this day because he has a "thing" for chefs and cookbooks and all that- meeting a chef in person will be like a dream come true for him), Tues- I don't know.

I'm having such an issue with this. I would love to let her just chose what she wants to do but how can you do that and make ADRs. We asked her a hypothetical...if you could go to disney and only go to 2 parks what would you chose. She chose MK and Epcot so I got those covered. The thing with MK is that she could go on each ride 10 times and I think we spent 4 days there during our last trip. So Tuesday we could end up doing MK AGAIN or we could try to go to DHS. I'm betting that she would pick MK so I think I'll make an ADR for CP.

Decisions, Decisions...:confused3....Thank God I have awhile :rotfl2:

Yes, you can order a cake from 1900 Park Fair. According to the cake thread, that is one of the best places to get one. But they may be surprised when you remind your waitress of the cake (you called ahead and ordered 2 weeks ago) as you are placing your order. :rolleyes1

Yes, you can order a cake from 1900 Park Fair. According to the cake thread, that is one of the best places to get one. But they may be surprised when you remind your waitress of the cake (you called ahead and ordered 2 weeks ago) as you are placing your order. :rolleyes1

Thanks Jeanne. I need to check out the cake thread. I don't venture out on the boards too often!!!

Oh I have a friend who has ordered some AMAZING birthday cakes from the Grand Floridian. From what I have seen the pastry chefs there do an incredible job!! I think they are kinda pricey though. If you didn't want to do that you could always see about getting a special cake at the Bakery on the Boardwalk....I can't think of the name????

I agree...good thing you have a few months to decide!!:rotfl2:

So I checked out the cake thread. Looks like i have to go with that Mini-Castle cake. It just too pretty to pass up (even if it does costs as much as the meal ;):rotfl:)

Pix, please!! :goodvibes

Kathy

As you've requested....

castlecakejpg.jpg

Isn't it so cute?!?!

oooohhh!!

Is the Castle made of white chocolate??

Looks like Diabetes on a plate! :rotfl2:

Kathy

The castle is made of white chocolate! They also write "Happy Birthday...." on the plate in dark chocolate drizzle to add to the sugar rush!

That is so cute! How much does that cake cost? Is that one of the cakes that you can only get at the Grand Floridian??

From what I've found online the cake is $25...or as much as my DD's meal! But I'm not a big dessert person (I'd rather snack on something later on when I'm hungry again!) and neither is DH so we really don't need a big cake!

But then I saw that they can do some Halloween themed cakes (including a HM one LL!!!) so I could always do that. But at Cindy's dinner at 1900 PF, I'm thinking that the castle would be perfect. AND since I'm hoping to skip the ACTUAL castle entirely this trip....maybe this would be a fun substitute??? :confused3

The castle is made of white chocolate! They also write "Happy Birthday...." on the plate in dark chocolate drizzle to add to the sugar rush!

From what I've found online the cake is $25...or as much as my DD's meal! But I'm not a big dessert person (I'd rather snack on something later on when I'm hungry again!) and neither is DH so we really don't need a big cake!

But then I saw that they can do some Halloween themed cakes (including a HM one LL!!!) so I could always do that. But at Cindy's dinner at 1900 PF, I'm thinking that the castle would be perfect. AND since I'm hoping to skip the ACTUAL castle entirely this trip....maybe this would be a fun substitute??? :confused3

WOW! A HM cake? Do they only do those around Halloween? I bet. Ooooh, I have to find a way to get Jen one!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter