Our Timeline

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by wordwitt, Apr 19, 2013.

1. wordwitt

wordwitt Mouseketeer

I have two pending contracts, both through TSS. The first is a 25 point BWV,25 banked 2011 points,25 banked 2012 points, and 25 points avail 9/1/13. Sept. use year. 79/point.

Submitted full price offer 3/16, accepted on the spot.
    Got contracts same day.
    Scanned and emailed signed contracts back on 3/18, submitted to Disney same day.
    Disney waived ROFR on 04/15.
    Received closing docs via email on 04/16.
    Husband was out of town, so we signed tonight (04/19) and sent a cashier's check to title company today (free through our bank, and it's sent from there). Will fax papers tomorrow.

Other contract is a 90 point HHI, April use year, 180 points available. 57/pt. Submitted offer on 3/21.
    Got contracts 3/22, sent back, and was submitted to Disney same day (3/22).
    Passed ROFR on 04/15
    Received closing docs on 04/18.
    Haven't done anything with them yet. Will take care of it over the weekend.

Btw, I had heard that closing costs are so much more at HHI, but it's really not that different through TSS than closing at a WDW resort.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. disbound09

disbound09 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Good Luck hope all goes well.pixiedust:

4. wordwitt

wordwitt Mouseketeer

Thank you. Although we're not done with the process, I wanted to get the word out regarding how easy (and fast) it has been for us to work through TSS and Magic Vacation Title. I know others (sorry, Disbound) have not had it so easy. I really do think it matters who your broker is, sadly. Best of luck to you.

5. Silver19

Silver19 Avocado Margarita

We closed today, eight days after they received our closing docs. So our experience has been painless too.