Our T-Day trip

JenniferWooster

Mouseketeer
My family and I went to both parks last week on Thanksgiving day and the day before and stayed at Hard Rock Hotel. We paid $117.50 for the Hard Rock and it was worth its weight in gold. We actually had three rooms: one for my parents, one for my brother and his girlfriend and then my hubby and self. Front of the line entry meant we could go on all the rides and see all the attractions in both parks easily in 2 days with lots of MIB repeats! We didn't feel rushed at all and this was well worth the money for this perk alone not to mention the splendidness fo the hotel itself, the proximity to the parks and enjoying Citiwalk at night. We ate lunch at Mythos once (my parnets did twice) and loved the chocolate banana dessert. It is very good value for the money, great theming and excellent service. We had reservations, but they were not necessary on Wed. In fact, the service at Universal blows away our experience at Disney which I will post that on the other board. At the restaurants the waittress remembered my parents name when they returned from one day to another. She substituted the dessert for me from the Thanksgigivng day menu and kept returning to see if we needed anything. She anticpated our needs very well.

Thanks to all who trained me in MIB info as I met my goal, beating my brother! Still need some work and hope to try it out again soon. This is my hubby's favorite ride by far.

The rooms were fabulous, great beds. We signed up for the Loew's card and had a bottle of wine in the room waiting for us, nice touch. The pool was heated and we went swimming and in the jacuzzi several times. I loved lsitening to the music the whole time, great theming. Sandy pool/beach area was nice also. Another must do while you stay!

The other half of the trip was spent at Disney and my parents were disappointed in that since they kept comparing it to Universal. The HRH was a million times better than the Dolphin for service as well as amenties for us. My dad kept joking that he would show his Universal card to try to get ahead faster at Disney. Fastpasses ran out early at the Disney parks so that wasn't effective over T day whereas Universal was a leisurely day for us. The rides were more adult at Universal and they were overwhelmed by the theming at Jurassic Park, etc. My parents kept saying they wished they stayed at Universal a bit longer. Another observation between the two hotels was that there were less pools at the HRH but you could actually use them because they were so warm. The ones at the Dolphin were much colder except for one small pool. For adults, walking to Citiwalk was very plesant, and Downtown Disney took much longer to get to it.

I recommend HRH because it was so convenient walking to the parks each day. Even with being open 9-6 and 9-7 we saw everything! Loved it. Gotta give major thumbs up to HRH and Universal, they made our trip.

Jenn

I think that the rule should be DIsney 1st, then Universal. When we went to Orlando in 2000, we went to Universal 1st, then Disney.
Boy was that a mistake. As much as I love Disney, it is a let down after Universal. When we went this past August, we skipped Disney. We are going back in January, again no Disney, only Universal and the HRH.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip.

Patty

Jenn,

We were at Universal/IOA the weekend before Thanksgiving. We had the same reactions to HRH and Universal as you did! The FOTL really spoiled us! Our kids didn't even want to wait for 15 minutes for rides once we got to WDW!!

The rooms at HRH (especially the beds) were more comfortable than our rooms at Beach Club/AKL. It was a different pace at Universal because of the FOTL pass--we didn't feel so rushed to get to the parks--we knew we would have enough time to see and do everything. We couldn't get enough of the MIB ride--very cool!

I'm so glad we decided to do both Universal & WDW--we had a great time at both!

Sue:)

Great report Jennifer! Thanks for taking the time to write one:)

Patty...we have the same rule! Even my kids like doing it that way better although lately they dont even care if we do disney at all. They are so hooked on Universal/IOA. Last trip we didnt get over to Disney and spent 10 days at IOA/Universal and Seaworld!

Next trip Disney first (because I want to go) and end up for the grand finale at Universal:):bounce:

If you beat your brother you got to tell us your scores!!!:smooth:

The MIB scores are pretty pathetic compared to the expert ones so I can't tell.... I will say that my hubby has decided he would like to make a list of the high point locations and really focus on that ride next time. He loved it. We found the 100K on the underneath of the hood of the car and the bonus if you hit the red button, but besides that we couldn't find the huge points.

I am going to do WDW first from now on. We didn't this time because HRH didn't have the entertainment rate for the Friday and Sat after T day when I called iniitially. Oh well!

I just loved Universal and I personally think they are going to be doing better and better each year as more people discover it. We met quite a few people who said it was their first time and planned on going back. Didn't know how wonderful FOTL will be. I hope they never change that perk!

Jenn

Originally posted by JenniferWooster
We found the 100K on the underneath of the hood of the car
Jenn

You have my undivided attention: what 100,000 on the underneath of the hood of the car.

where is this spot????

is it on the car in the left track just before the the ambush?????

what exactly do you shoot to get the 100,000?????

Can it be hit by the car in the right hand lane????? :smooth:

LOL MIB...I can see you now, sitting in front of your computer, jumping up and down and going, "WHY doesn't she answer...it's BEEN 10 minutes already!!!" :D :D :D

I always shoot under the hood of the car, but I guess I'm aiming at the alien's eyes...and I know I never got 100,000 there! I'm going to sit in front of MY computer and wait now too!

Karen

You are a shrewd judge of character for a youngster MsDiz

and by the way why has she not answered yet??? :bounce:

Gee...I don't know why she hasn't answered...doesn't she REALIZE the impact a statement like that would have on people like us???

And I'm not young...I'm celebrating (for lack of a better word) a birthday AGAIN this Thursday :(

Maybe I'll spend the morning shooting at aliens...gee...I wish people were AROUND on weekdays! :mad:

C'mon, Jenn...don't leave us hanging here!!! :D :D :D

Karen

MsDiz, thursday would be a great time to do MIB since fewer people to muck up the works and you can practice in peace and relative quite:smooth:

This is interesting...someone is comparing Universal to WDW! I do that a lot. I start comparing WDW 3-D movies to Universal's, etc.

Yea, you're right, MIB....it does get kinda lonely sometimes tho...but weekdays are a GREAT time to practice! If only they would just let me sit on the ride and not get off...now THAT would be nice!

I try not to compare WDW to Universal...to me they're very different experiences...and they each have their strengths and weaknesses. I never fell into that "you have to be loyal to one of them" sort of mind-sets that some people seem to have...I never really understood it, but that's just me! :rolleyes:

Jenn??? :D :D where are you???

Karen

Obviously I am on theme park overload. I messed up and hope I didn't cause you major stress/exictemnt today!!! Actually the 100K point was on Buzz Lightyear. Sad how I confused them!

I am slinking off now...

On a side note, my hubby and I do remember that the alien under the hood of the car was worth something sizeable maybe 10K or 20K. We rode each of them so many times, we forget. We only rode on the side with the Express line so it was in range there.

Jenn

Originally posted by JenniferWooster
Obviously I am on theme park overload. I messed up and hope I didn't cause you major stress/exictemnt today!!! Actually the 100K point was on Buzz Lightyear. Sad how I confused them!

I am slinking off now...

On a side note, my hubby and I do remember that the alien under the hood of the car was worth something sizeable maybe 10K or 20K. We rode each of them so many times, we forget. We only rode on the side with the Express line so it was in range there.

Jenn

Was that alien under the hood of the car or in the car????:D

I understand, it is tough to remember all things clearly after that body probe thing happens ;)

Well MsDiz it is back to getting 999,999 the old fashion way, we earn it, or something like that.

By the way Jen did the MIB handbook help you any. ????? :confused:

:::::::raising hand:::::::::::

Um...body probe thing??? I don't recall reading about THAT in any handbook...:eek: :eek: :eek:

NOW what am I missing out on?!?!? :confused:

Karen :D :jester:

Originally posted by MsDisney
:::::::raising hand:::::::::::

Um...body probe thing??? I don't recall reading about THAT in any handbook...:eek: :eek: :eek:

NOW what am I missing out on?!?!? :confused:

Karen :D :jester:

Just an obscure reference to being kidnapped by aliens.
the worst part is when they do that body probe thing. Then they do the flashy thing so you forget the body probe thing.
you see in your case it obviously worked!!!!!:jester: :D

Just MY luck!!! :rolleyes: :mad: :D

I always either miss out on the big fun, or forget completely about it...if it's not due to partying too hardy, it's because of the flashy thing!!!

Perhaps I can blame the flashy thing for other aspects of my life...hmmmm....

:D

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter