• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our sweet calico crossed Rainbow Bridge yesterday

Oh, I am so sorry @mom2rtk. Pets are family, and that unconditional love is truly like no other.

Know that all of us here who have pets understand your heartache. :hug:

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful furbaby. As a 'people' mom to many cats, I can feel your pain. She lived a long long life. She knew she was loved, she loved in return. I think that's all we can ask of our pets. In time may happier memories of all those years spent with her, replace some of the sadness you are feeling now. Her pawprints will always be on and in your hearts.

I often think of a patient I took care of one time. A total regular Joe. And I only took care of him that once. But he told me a great story I’ve never forgotten. He had died at one point - full cardiopulmonary arrest. Fortunately, he was revived. But he said that when he was gone, he‘d seen his mother and his sister, both of whom had passed. And one of them was holding his cat. Also passed. I’ve heard other stories like that from patients, but I particularly liked that one because of the cat. paw: And I’ve had my own experiences that make me believe we will see them again some day. So I like to remember that after a painful loss. It sounds like you have a very strong bond with her and that will stay with both of you forever.

From petloss.com

Your Pets In Heaven
by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell, is better than to have never loved at all.
For all of the times that you have stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.

I ask that you not grieve for the loss, but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each others lives. My life was fuller because you were there, not as a master/owner, but as my FRIEND.

Today I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the Sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures.
I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever.
You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are so rare and unique.
Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

Your Pets In Heaven
Exactly that. I told the kids she's out in the grass hunting moles and snakes again. That helps. It helps thinking about releasing her from the limits her age imposed. And it definitely helps to think about seeing her again one day.

Thanks Pea. :love:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

We had a beautiful long haired tortoise shell who left us right before Christmas at the age of 18 years and exactly 1 month.

Our 13 year old cat was just diagnosed with kidney disease.

I feel your pain :sad1:
I'm so sorry for your loss. 18 years is a very long time and I'm sure she left a big hole. :grouphug:

I hope your other cat continues to do well. When they first diagnosed the kidney disease in our Callie, they jokingly said it almost seems like cats are born in at least stage 1. Ours lived about 2 1/2 years with it. And I don't even know that it was the kidney disease that did it. Just age. If you lived nearby I would have given you the unopened bag of Prescription Diet we had sitting here when she passed. She did great with it.
I'm so sorry for your loss :sad1:

Thank you. :)
Sorry for the loss of your furry friend. 🐱

Thanks Angie. :)
I am so sorry for your loss. You gave her a beautiful life.

Thank you. she gave us so many great memories. But I know she's better off now.

So sorry. :hug:

Thank you.
What a beautiful kitty, Mom2rtk. So sorry for your loss. It's soooo hard to say goodbye. :hug:
Thanks Kitty. She really was a beauty.
Oh, I am so sorry @mom2rtk. Pets are family, and that unconditional love is truly like no other.

Know that all of us here who have pets understand your heartache. :hug:
Thanks fly girl. Definitely family.
I’m very sorry. She was a beautiful cat. I will pray for the comfort of your family.
Thank you. I've lost other pets. It's always hard. This one is just harder because of how she was tied up with the kids' childhoods.
So sorry. What a great life, although I know all too well it's never long enough for us.
She had an amazing life. Seemed endless, but still too short.
So sorry for the loss of your beautiful furbaby. As a 'people' mom to many cats, I can feel your pain. She lived a long long life. She knew she was loved, she loved in return. I think that's all we can ask of our pets. In time may happier memories of all those years spent with her, replace some of the sadness you are feeling now. Her pawprints will always be on and in your hearts.
Thank you. Her pawprints are all over the entire family. So many great memories.
20 years! I am so sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful girl. It's never long enough.
Thank you. 20 years! I'm still amazed.

Sorry this happened to you, hope you are doing ok today.
Thanks LuvOrlando. We're doing fine. I'm sure each day will make it easier. Looking forward to focusing on the happy times once we're through this immediate aftermath.

So sorry for you loss, we had to let go of our 14 year old yorkiepoo on Friday. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, so I get where you are coming from. Cheers to two fur lives well lived, and to seeing them again one day.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss @Donaldswife. 14 years is a very long time. :grouphug:

Cheers to both of them! Until we see them again. :drinking1

@mom2rtk I’m trying to remember, did you ever figure out what was causing her to howl/cry? I think you had or were going to start her on Adequan for possible arthritis — did that help? Or was it her teeth or something else entirely? I just can’t remember if I ever heard how it all turned out.

@mom2rtk I’m trying to remember, did you ever figure out what was causing her to howl/cry? I think you had or were going to start her on Adequan for possible arthritis — did that help? Or was it her teeth or something else entirely? I just can’t remember if I ever heard how it all turned out.
We tried hard to figure it out but never did. First theory was teeth so we had the bad ones pulled last May. Howl returned. Then went with arthritis. Did a full course of Adequan and it didn't help. Did a full blood panel. Kidney disease wasn't really advancing much after starting her on the Prescription diet (some numbers actually improved). The only outlier was an elevated calcium level, so it's possible she might have had some sort of cancer we didn't know about. Ultimately the theory we were left with was dementia, although no way to know for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter