* Our Surprise Dream Cruise * TR Jan. 22-26, 2012

Well, when I left off, we had just boarded the Dream. It was gorgeous! A CM told us that lunch was being served right then in Cabanas. Even though I knew that Enchanted Garden would be open soon, I was looking forward to eating at Cabanas and finding a few prime seats at the pool. Also, I knew that we would be eating dinner in Enchanted Garden that night. Side note: I had requested our dining rotation ahead of time and we got just what we asked for. :thumbsup2 Our rotation was ERAA. Also, when we booked we were given Second Dining and waitlisted for Main Dining. About a week before we sailed our Main Dining request was granted. We typically eat right at 5pm around here. So, Second Seating would've been rough.

Okay, back to where I left off... I took a picture of the gorgeous atrium chandelier. Stunning! Loved the Hidden Mickey's in it.
117.jpg

Then we headed up to Cabanas. My DD fell in love with Cabanas pizza station right away. When we went to it they didn't have cheese pizza yet. So, I asked if they had any and low and behold they had one hidden behind the counter. DD figured this out real quick and then spent every lunch for the rest of the week asking about the secret cheese pizza. DS found the massive peel and eat shrimp and he was in heaven.

After our lunch we found a great spot in front of Donald's Pool. Quickly we changed into our swim suits that we brought in our carryon luggage. Then it was off to ride the Aquaduck. Loved the Aquaduck!
DisneyCruiseandMore128.jpg

Around 1:30 we made our way down one deck to our stateroom. The special rope keeping everyone out was still up and there were a ton of people waiting to get in. Once they took down the rope, we headed to our new home. Room 10006. This is where some of our Magical Moments began. On our fish clip was a note addressed to DD. It was from the Hotel Director welcoming her aboard. Interesting?!? DH and I immediately figured it had to do with the fact that Special Services had called about her special needs. There was no other explanation why she was singled out. Then when we went in the room there was a gorgeous fruit basket for DD! Very Cool :wizard:.
082.jpg

After we checked out the room and the view from our balcony, I got busy decorating our door. The kids LOVED the decorations I made. So, did our cabin steward Lorentzo.
DisneyCruiseandMore130.jpg

After that the kids just wanted to go back up to the pool. So, that's what we did. At 3:00 I wondered over to Senses Spa for their drawing. I don't know what I was thinking doing that since I never win drawings. And guess what, I still didn't win :sad2:. Oh well. About that time I went back to round up the troops at the pool. DD had fallen in love with Mickey's Slide and had been on it about a dozen times already.
358.jpg

So, it was hard to get her to leave it. We went back to the room to drop off our stuff and head to the Walt Disney Theater for the muster drill. Since it had only been a week since the Italian Ship incident, I expected it to be taken very seriously by the guests. But, I was wrong. There was a man who looked to be in his early sixties drinking a beer and playing on his phone. Nice roll model Gramps!

After the muster we headed up to deck 12 for the Sail Away Party. They were handing out streamers and the music was rockin'. It really got you in the mood. I just love when they blow the horn. BTW, on Magic and Wonder, we all know that the horn plays "When you wish upon a star". Well, very appropriately, Dream plays "A Dream is a wish your heart makes". I think a little tear welled up as it always does when I hear the Disney horn.
095.jpg

We had told some friends and family back at home to watch our sail away on the Port Canaveral Web Cam. So, we found a nice spot up in the front on deck 13 and waved our streamers. Of course, we are those silly people on the cell phone asking "Do you see me?" And, they saw us! :dance3:

After the sail away we rushed back to the room to get dressed for dinner. Tonight would be Enchanted Garden...

We leave on Friday for WDW & board the Dream on Tuesday! Love your report & that it is getting me so excited for our trip. I'll be watching for more updates! :)

Great update! Did you enjoy the food at dinner?

Funny story how I just got my coveted Disney Dooney. We were at WDW last August. I won a sweepstakes actually:cool1: Well, to help spread out the expenses I bought a few $100 gift Disney Gift Cards in the months leading up to the trip. I accidentally forgot to use one:rotfl2: It really was a mistake. Needless to say is was burning a hole in my pocket. I almost purchased a bunch of ornaments at Disneystore.com before Christmas, but resisted.

Well, over President's Day weekend, the Disneystore website was having a 25% off and free shipping promo. And, it was my birthday - so I got this beauty http://www.disneystore.com/adults-d...-by-dooney-bourke/mp/1284272/1000777+1000812/ when I showed it to my hubby and mentioned it would only be $12.50 after the long forgotten gift card:banana: I can't wait to have it on our 1st cruise!

Great update! Did you enjoy the food at dinner?

Funny story how I just got my coveted Disney Dooney. We were at WDW last August. I won a sweepstakes actually:cool1: Well, to help spread out the expenses I bought a few $100 gift Disney Gift Cards in the months leading up to the trip. I accidentally forgot to use one:rotfl2: It really was a mistake. Needless to say is was burning a hole in my pocket. I almost purchased a bunch of ornaments at Disneystore.com before Christmas, but resisted.

Well, over President's Day weekend, the Disneystore website was having a 25% off and free shipping promo. And, it was my birthday - so I got this beauty http://www.disneystore.com/adults-d...-by-dooney-bourke/mp/1284272/1000777+1000812/ when I showed it to my hubby and mentioned it would only be $12.50 after the long forgotten gift card:banana: I can't wait to have it on our 1st cruise!

We did enjoy the food. I took a few pictures of the food, but DH started to make fun of me. So, I put the camera away. I thought long and hard about buyin a Dooney during the Presidents Weekend sale. DH even told me to go try and win the $300 OBC at the DVC presentation so I could treat myself to one. But I never win anything. Oh well, eventually I will get one.

Great updates :goodvibes

DD & DS must have loved all that special attention.

Good luck with the blog etc :thumbsup2

Loving your trip report. Your children are so cute..

Are we neighbors? I live above the NC border about 45 minutes from Winston and 1 hr from Greensboro.

Ok, so I dropped the ball on this trip report. I am so sorry. I was actually getting ready to start a pre-trip report for our next trip on the Dream next month when I decided that I needed finish my last trip report first.

So, where was I? Oh, yes we had just finished up breakfast at Royal Palace and we were heading out to see the Princess gathering. Breakfast was neat because while we were eating next to a giant porthole window, we pulled into the Port of Nassau. It was neat to watch us turn the ship 180 degrees and then park next to a few other ships. The other ships in port with us were RCCL Allure of the Seas (huge), Holland America and Carnival Fascination. My son asked "What is so Fascinating about that???" Spoiled little guy.

At the princess gathering, DS decided it was time for himself to go to the Oceanears Lab while we waited in line. The princess line was about a half an hour. Well worth the wait, as each princess spent a decent amount of time with DD. DH had to get into the action and have his picture taken with Cinderella :crazy2:.
176.jpg
203.jpg

After the princess gathering we picked up DS and then we headed out to Nassau. We brought the kids fresh new passports with us and had the port authorities stamp them. If you want info on how to do this, let me know. I am happy to help. Then we had to hit the Straw Market and find DD a perfect straw bag with Tiana on it. She made her purchase and then moved on. We headed for Junkanoo Beach. It is a gorgeous FREE beach that is walking distance from the ship. Mostly locals there. We got a great picture of the kids with the ships in the background.
222.jpg
223.jpg

We spent a little over an hour there and then decided to head back to the ship for lunch. Shhh, don't tell this little secret, but the ship is empty when we are in port. We had no wait for the AquaDuck and there was plenty of prime seating at the pool. So we decided to stay on board the rest of the day. DH and I had been to Nassau and Atlantis several times, so we enjoyed staying on the ship with the kids. DD wanted her hair braided by the pool. The CM did a wonderful job!
241.jpg

We hung out at the pool until it was time to get ready for dinner. That night we were going to Royal Palace!

Can you tell me how to get to the free beach please?

Junkanoo Beach, as you can see from the photos, is right in front of the ship. When you get off of the ship, go through the port building and turn right. Skirt the shore until you Run into Senior Frogs. Then turn left and go to the next corner (near the Hilton) and turn right. The beach is just on the other side of the Hilton. You can't miss it. There is a small sign saying Junkanoo Beach. Enjoy!

How did you let them know ahead of time about your daughter's special need? I would like to give them a bit of a heads up about my daughter with autism. She has some anxieties and attachments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter