Our Stay at the Disneyland Hotel....Day 2......Completed

hildasmuriel

<font color=magenta>I'm a really really scaredy sc
Day 2 Part 1

We knew today would be a very full day as we had tickets for the MNSSHP which went on until 11 pm. We slept very well and were up and ready for a 7.30 breakfast.

I was really surprised at how busy it was though - not exactly a scrum, but certainly not the quiet tranquil breakfast we had been used to at 7.00 am in Sequoia Lodge. Still the food was delicious and we made sure we filled up on that.

100_0230.jpg

100_0232.jpg

Dtr saw Pluto and there were other characters around but they had quite big crowds around them.

100_0229.jpg

It was about 8.30 when we got in the Park and already quite few people were in, but we still managed to go on Buzz, Space Mountain, Pinocchio and Buzz again before 10 am. Halloween decorations had been added to Fantasyland.

100_0235.jpg

We decided we wanted to see the Minnie and the Villains show at Central Plaza, but we decided to wait at the back of the stage so we could see them all come out from the Castle.

100_0237.jpg

100_0239.jpg

100_0243.jpg

This chap made Dtr jump so much - he made out like he was walking away then turned back suddenly and stamped loudly close to her.

100_0247.jpg

Captain Hook was actually gesturing that he could see the woman next to me, but it looks like he is giving her a different sign altogether!

100_0244.jpg

Gaston really really loves himself

100_0246.jpg

100_0249.jpg

The dads all seemed to like these 2

100_0251.jpg

Minnie chased away some of the baddies then ran over to Dtr to high-five her.

100_0525.jpg

100_0524.jpg

After the show was over we went into Frontierland and saw the queue for Phantom Manor was 60mins! People were queuing right down to the bottom of the garden. We wandered towards the Halloween Village to take a few more pictures

100_0254.jpg

100_0256.jpg

100_0257.jpg

and noticed that the keel boats were just about to open, so we joined the small queue and got on the first boat of the day.

100_0258.jpg

100_0262.jpg

100_0263.jpg

100_0265.jpg

Dtr saw Halloween Stitch

100_0266.jpg

and then we went up Boot Hill for the meet and greet with Jack Skellington and Sally. There was a HUGE crowd there, but Dtr managed to see them.

100_0271.jpg

We took a few more photos of Halloweeny things on our way back to the Hotel as Dtr wanted a swim.

100_0272.jpg

100_0276.jpg

The thing-I-had-been-refusing-to-acknowledge (sore throat and thumping head) was making me feel a bit rough so I took 2 pain killers and dozed on the loungers by the pool while Dtr had her dip. She was quite hungry after this so we went to Colonel Hathi’s for some pizza and pasta for lunch and then back for a snooze. This was the massive advantage of staying at the entrance to the Park - going back to the Hotel didn’t seem a big chore.

More later.

Wow, ace second day.

How awesome that you could pop from your hotel, to coonel hathis and then back again!

Closer than going to the village from SL!

I can't wait!!!! (Hope you felt better from your nap!!)

Day 2 Part 2

After our sleep I felt much better so we went back in the Park. It was about 4,30 so we caught the tail end of the Parade at Town Square and then went through into Frontierland so that Dtr could have her face painted. As you can see - it was very well done!

100_0285.jpg

100_0288.jpg

We went into Fantasyland where we needed to pick up our wristbands for the evening’s party and then went for a ride on Les Pays de Conte de Fees, as we had noticed that neither that ride or Casey was open during the party.

100_0292.jpg

Unfortunately Casey had a big queue now, so we went back to the Hotel for Dtr to get changed for the evening. We saw these in Town Square before we left.

100_0294.jpg

100_0297.jpg

We ate first in Inventions - reviewed in the other thread - having a really scrummy meal, and then got our coats and set off for MNSSHP.

100_0334.jpg

100_0332.jpg

The Castle looked great from outside and inside there was dry ice pouring downstairs from the gallery above. The crowd around the sword in the stone place was enormous and there was no chance of actually watching the opening ceremony with Minnie and Mickey.

We made our way towards POTC, (having to show our wristbands several times to Security) but they were not allowing people on. Eventually a CM stood on a box to announce that POTC would not be opening until 8.30. We went back past Peter Pan and who should we see but Peter Pan himself, with Wendy. As we got closer the CM with them was just announcing that there were going and would be back in half an hour. I was now a bit confused. The party only lasted 3 hours and if some rides weren’t opening for half an hour and characters were disappearing for half an hour at a time - then what exactly was the point of it all???

But the tickets were bought and we had to make the best of it, so we went off to do a few rides. Of course we ended up enjoying it all enormously. During the course of the evening we went on Snow White twice, Peter Pan, Pinocchio twice, IASW and POTC 3 times.
We also saw loads of characters - as the night wore on there were fewer queues each time they came out. Dtr happened to notice Cinderella coming out with Suzy and Perla and was first to meet them.. Cinderella was admiring her face paint and witchy dress.

100_0352.jpg

Mickey and Minnie were in their Halloween costumes.

100_0346.jpg

Snow White had Dopey with her

100_0341.jpg

100_0342.jpg

Peter Pan and Wendy came back as promised.

100_0347.jpg

As we came out of POTC, Captain Jack was there with no-one talking to him. Don’t think he was the same one as in summer but still…….nice eh?

100_0354.jpg

Then as we walked around the back of the Tea Cups we saw, standing in the shadow, with a very orderly small queue in front of her….. Maleficent.
A chap was next in turn so she said “yes, what do you want?” and he said he wanted a photo and she yelled “ say PLEASE” right in his face! The child in front of us wouldn’t go up for a photo then and Maleficent didn’t soften - she just said “I can’t IMAGINE what he is afraid of”. Dtr went up and said “PLEASE, may I have a photo” and she said “I suppose so”. She was magnificent.

100_0348.jpg

Every where you went, you would hear somewhere near by this strange honking noise and these chaps would go by in single file,,
They had squeakers in their mouths so whatever they said or sung came out very high pitched. As they walked they said what sounded like “boing detector” Every now and then, they would line up like in the photo and sing this weird high pitched song. Very very strange but they really made us laugh.

100_0356.jpg

Finally at 11 o’clock we went outside the Castle to watch the Villains Cavalcade go past, and then it was all over and time to go home. Despite my early misgivings, it had been a lot of fun and we were glad we had gone along.

100_0527.jpg

I love your MNSSHP preparations - DD's facepaint, her costume, all those characters - fabulous!

I'd really like to do the MNSSHP - I hope they continue after this year.

I really really want to go for Halloween next year!

Bob xoxox

Fabulous, I can't believe how many characters you got to see, some that I'd never seen in the parks before. Fabulous photos, your pics and write up of MNSSHP have sold the event to me. I did promise my DS that we will definately be at DLP next Halloween - Oops !
fave pic has to be the one with Halloween Mickey & Minnie, it's fab :thumbsup2

Oooh, seeing those has definitely made me want to go at Halloween.

I love the face paint - it looks fantastic.

ok me too - i wanna go for halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fab report & such great pics too - looks like u both had fun there!!!!

love the maleficent pic (and story) and also mickey n minnie in their costumes!!! i think this wis what i love about the 'seasons' that u get different costumes - so makes every visit different!!!!

and yes - did u dress up??? do we get to see ur costume???;)

Another busy & great day. I loved your DD face paint & costume:goodvibes

Fantastic day! What a character bonanza- I bet your DD must have finished her autograph book! Great facepaint- really spooky! Your photos are really fab,the park looks so so colourful.

Really enjoyed reading your report, and think we'll definitely have to go for Halloween next yr (wonder if Explorers is booking for October yet?!). DS(6) would just love it.

My costume? I went as an overweight middle aged woman. :rotfl2:

Jill - I did think of you every time we saw Maleficent (in the show or Villains parade) last week.

As said before *i want a daughter to go with lol*
I love your daughter's face and costume and wow how many characters you did meet, that's amazing!!!!

Agree with ypu about the hugh crowd for jack and sally, i saw you and your daughter she was first up for a photo, we were about five back. I was very impressed with how long they chatted to us.

They were great - I was so far back that when Dtr called me to take a photo, I shouted out "No, I'm too far back" but Jack said "No, you're alright. Come forward" and miraculously, people allowed me to go forward to get the photo. :goodvibes

Reading your review as made me more determined to go back for Halloween celebrations - just a pity we've got to wait till 2010!:sad2:

Fabby trip report , loved all the pics and great to read about the DLH as we are there for Christmas :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter