• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Short but Sweet, Sizzling HOT Summer Trip to the World! Updated 12/3...Finally!!!

Angies1274

DIS Veteran
"Any wish is possible, all it takes is a little courage to set it free." Jiminy Cricket

Hi Everyone!!! I’m so excited to do this TR. I hope you decide to follow along and relive our wonderful trip:goodvibes As you can tell from the title of the report, it was a short trip (only 4 days) but that doesn't mean it was lacking on fun!!! We had an amazing time--saw some characters, rode some new rides and had lots and lots of family time. :welcome: back for those who read my last TR and for those who are just joining in...:yay::woohoo: I'm so happy your here!!!

Cast of Characters—Me (Angie) If you read my last trip report, you would know that I am the planner of all our Disney trips and I love it!! I feel lost when we return from a trip because all my planning is done and I immediately start begging DH to return just so I can start all the fun over again. Currently, I am a stay at home mom/student. I love scrapbooking, although lately it seems I never can find the time to do it. I enjoy music and movies (especially Disney movies)But, best of all, I love to curl up with a good book and great cup of coffee and when I’m not reading,chasing after the boys or going to school-- I’m daydreaming, planning and obsessing about our next Disney Vacation!! My favorite park is Magic Kingdom and favorite ride is EE.
100_1773.jpg

DH a great husband and father. Has been very supportive of my decision to return to school, which I really appreciate. On our first trip, he wasn’t very excited and admits to it. But now he has caught the Disney bug and can’t seem to get enough. Which is a great thing because it means our Disney adventures are not over yet!! His favorite park is also Magic Kingdom and his favorite ride is BTMRR.
DS9-Nick (he's on the right) He is wonderful little boy (actually not so little anymore and is growing up way to fast) He is very kind and sensitive. He loves music, sports and of course video games. He is a great student and we couldn’t be more proud of his achievements in school. He is just as crazy about Disney as I am and couldn’t wait to show his Grammie, Papa and Uncle all around Disney. He told me before he left “Mommy, I can’t wait until they feel the magic too!” Ahhh….such a sweet boy!! His favorite park is Magic Kingdom but his favorite ride is Test Track.
100_1523.jpg

DS6--Noah (he's on the left)—He’s my baby and he knows all he has to do is flash me his smile and I melt. He’s definitely a Mommy’s boy and loves to be at my side. He’s kind and sensitive like his brother but he can also be very stubborn and likes things his way. He has a wonderful imagination and he absolutely loves the Disney characters, especially all the villains. His favorite Park is Magic Kingdom and favorite ride is Splash Mountain.
100_1520.jpg

Grammie and Papa (my parent’s) Their very first visit to Disney and inspiration for this trip. They figured what could be better than a trip to Disney to celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary. They are wonderful parent’s and very supportive in everything I do. I have been after them since we returned from our first trip last year to come back with us. It was also going to be their first time flying and they were extremely nervous.
100_1641.jpg

Last but not least is my brother Lee, he decided to come along because at first he couldn’t believe we’d ever get our parent’s on a plane. He’s a great brother—funny, easygoing and the boys love being around him. It’s also his first visit to Disney and although he didn’t let on that he was excited. I think he secretly was….

The Plans
When---August 24---August 27
Where---Pop Century Resort w/ Free Dining.
(We had purchased 3 day Magic Your Way tickets—but were hoping to add an extra day once we got there, with the hopes of being able to visit all 4 parks)
A recap—So we only have 4 days with 3 newbies…..could we do it? How much would we get done?
I hope your still with me and decide to follow me along on our adventure to the World!!!

Handy Chapter Links!!!

Background/Plans
Are you ready for this?
Hello, Pop Century!! We're Back!!
Plans Change??
Yay!! A Scavenger Hunt!!
There's a ride in that?
Look at that line!! We're melting!! We're melting!!
Lunch with the Fab 5!!!
Rain,Rain Go Away!!!
Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!!!
Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!! (continued)
A Wet and Wild Ride!!!
Deep in the Hundred Acre Woods.....
Celebrate You.....and an Anniversary Cruise!!
A little Disney magic....
Where's Boma?
Taking a Whirl and Dodging Dinosaurs!!!
Are We There Yet? and....Finding Elephants!!!
An Encounter with the Yeti!!
Now, it's time to say goodbye.......
Final Thoughts......

When we came back from Disney last year, it's all I could talk about and frankly I think eventually everyone got tired of hearing about it.:laughing: But I couldn't help it!! We had such an amazing first trip that we immediately started planning another trip. We had narrowed it down to April. On Easter, we were visiting my parent's and of course we started talking about Disney and I mentioned how I wished that they could come with us. We had planned to leave for our trip 3 days later and were super excited!!! When out of the blue, I heard my DF agree to go with us, but next year. Huh?? Was I hearing things? I couldn't believe it. They are not travelers at all and honestly I was shocked, speechless and wanted to jump for joy!! We decided that May 2010 would be a good time and three days later, we boarded the plane for our 2009 trip. Little did we know when we returned we would be in for a big surprise. I was so worried that they had changed their minds. Instead, they wanted to know if we could possibly find a way to squeeze in a quick trip before summer ended and they would join us. They didn't know if they could afford it next year but knew they could this year and they also wanted to celebrate their anniversary and figured it would be a perfect way. At first, I was so disappointed because as much as I wanted to go back, I didn't think there would be any way we could do another trip this year. But on the other hand I was so afraid they would change their minds, that I eventually agreed and desperately tried to figure out a way to return. I began pricing our trip and with the Free Dining package and only staying 3 nights, it became affordable. YAY!!:yay: I immediately began the planning and was thrilled to do so!! It took alot of encouragement along the way because it was going to be their first time flying too. My DF told me later that they almost backed out many, many times. I'm so glad they didn't because we had such a great time!!

Our Plans

Day1--Enjoy resort/ DHS (hopefully)
Day 2--Epcot
Day 3--Magic Kingdom
Day 4--Animal Kingdom

I spent months planning because I knew we would have to take things at a much slower pace. But I was also excited to slow down on this vacation and maybe stop to "smell the roses" every now and then. Of course, we wanted them to experience all that they could but we were realistic...I mean we only had 4 days to show them why we love:lovestruc Disney soooooo much!!! Beside the usual countdown chain (which included fun trivia questions for the boys), we also had a chart that we marked off the days and spent many nights before the trip watching Disney movies and doing activities that went along with the movies. It was alot of fun and made the time go by much quicker and before we knew it, it was time to pull off the very last chain!! We were so happy--we were going back to WDW!!!

Up Next--Are you ready for this??

Yes I am ready! I can't wait to hear about your trip and how you liked the Pop. We are within our thirty day countdown:banana::cool1::cloud9:!

Hey girl, you know I'm in.:yay: I just noticed your link in your siggie. Now back to actually read your intro!:laughing:

Yay!!!:yay: I have readers!!! :welcome:

Yes I am ready! I can't wait to hear about your trip and how you liked the Pop. We are within our thirty day countdown:banana::cool1::cloud9:!
Thanks for joining in!!:goodvibes We love Pop!! This was actually our third time staying there. Your trip is coming soon--You must be soooo excited!! I noticed that you stayed at ASMovies last year. We are considering that resort for next year's trip. Did you like staying there?
Hey girl, you know I'm in.:yay: I just noticed your link in your siggie. Now back to actually read your intro!:laughing:
Hey there!! You found me!! Yay!!:yay: I'm glad you joined in!!!
Thanks for joining in!!!:thumbsup2 I noticed you have a TR for August too!! I'm on my way over to check it out!!!:goodvibes
YAY!! Angie started her report!! I'm IN!! Can't wait to hear about your "4 days with 3 newbies" adventure! :banana::banana:

Hi Missy!! I'm so happy that you're here!!!:banana: It was definitely an adventure!!;)

I know just how you were feeling.....how do I squeeze it all in with just a short amount of time to do it. We went to Disney once for just 4 days (second trip that year) and I wanted to see it all but knew we couldn't do it.

I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip!

After pulling off our very last chain,I decided to do another quick check of the suitcases and once I was reassured that I had remembered everything or at least hoped I did. DH and I moved the suitcases by the door. It was already eight o'clock and we wanted to head to bed early since the alarm was set for 2am. Why so early you ask?? Well, the closest airport to us is 3 hours away and although normally we leave the day before and spend the night so we are closer to the airport. My parent's preferred just to leave early. Remember, they are not travelers and leaving home, even for only 4 days was a huge step for them.:) So, off to bed we went--but that didn't mean we fell asleep. Well, the boys fell asleep but I didn't and neither did DH. It's really hard to try and force yourself to sleep at 8 o'clock when 1. Your not used to going to bed until close to midnight and 2. You know that you are heading to the most magical place in the world in only a few hours. Hmm...I guess you could say that I was too excited to sleep!!!!

By 1:15 am, I couldn't take it any longer and rolled out of bed. It wasn't long before DH followed and we began to get ready. Grammie, Papa and Lee were supposed to meet us at our house around 3am and then we were loading up our van to head to Burlington Airport. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 9:55am but we wanted to be there by eight. We knew we were going to be stopping for breakfast on the way and wanted to allow ourselves plenty of time. Before we knew it, everyone arrived. I could tell they were extremely nervous and I looked at them and asked "Are you ready for this?" They nodded but didn't look too convincing. I told them it would be fine and to just think about the great time that we were going to have. Again, they just nodded but looked terrified.:scared1: I felt so bad for them, but I knew how they felt. We flew for the very first time last year and it can be scary especially when you don't know what to expect.

Finally at around quarter to four, after checking all my lists that were scattered across our kitchen island. It was time to leave. We packed 7 people and 4 suitcases, 5 bags into our van. Turned on the Portable DVD for the boys and popped in "Finding Nemo" and we were off. It was a pretty uneventful trip--it was still dark so there wasn't too much opportunity for pictures until finally we arrived at the Ferry that would take us across Lake Champlain from New York to Vermont. Here are some pictures while we were crossing.
100_1377.jpg

We ended up sitting in the car, it was a chilly morning and we all had shorts on, ready for Florida weather.
100_1378.jpg

After getting off the ferry, it was less than an half hour drive and we were in Burlington, VT. It was almost seven and everyone was starting to get hungry so we decided to stop at McDonald's for some breakfast. I ended up grabbing an egg mcmuffin, which I barely ate since I wasn't very hungry--nervous I guess.:rolleyes1 The airport was just up the road and soon we were parking and making our way inside to get our boarding passes. If you read my last report, you may remember the whole incident with our boarding passes so now I make sure to look and double look to make sure everything is exactly like it should be. I began checking them over and wait..oh no. There was a problem. Grammie's seat had been changed. They were supposed to be in row 15 seated from left to right seat A, B, and C. Her boarding pass said she would be sitting in seat D instead, so that meant a stranger would be sitting between everybody. Probably, not a big deal but this was their first flight and they were relying on each other for support. So, back up to the Jetblue counter we went. Come to find out seat B had been blocked because the TV wasn't working. Problem solved, and it relieved Lee because it meant he wouldn't have to sit with anyone. Okay,I think I've babbled long enough.:laughing: Here are a few pictures of us waiting in the airport.
100_1380.jpg

100_1381.jpg

100_1383.jpg

100_1384.jpg

I'm not sure what they were talking about?:confused3
Time to board!!!!:yay:
100_1386.jpg

100_1387.jpg

100_1388.jpg

100_1389.jpg

100_1394.jpg

They didn't look too nervous did they??
100_1390.jpg

What to watch?? Gotta love Jetblue and their TV's and snacks!!! Unfortunately, nothing good was on that morning.:sad2:
100_1391.jpg

Not the best picture....but it was the only one I got looking out the window. So, I had to include it.:goodvibes

It was a great flight and before we knew it, we were landing at Orlando International Airport. We hopped the shuttle and headed straight to DME. They sent us through and we were so happy to see the sign to Pop Century!! YAY!! We arrived!!!

Up next---Pop Century.....we're back!!!!

I know just how you were feeling.....how do I squeeze it all in with just a short amount of time to do it. We went to Disney once for just 4 days (second trip that year) and I wanted to see it all but knew we couldn't do it.

I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip!

It was definitely tough trying to squeeze in so much, in only 4 days. Especially since it was their first visit and we wanted them to love it as much as we did!!

YAY! Off to the airport! I can't imagine being afraid to fly...I've always loved it! But they hide their nervousness well! :thumbsup2 I hope you have a smooth flight!

Getting to the DME counter and seeing the buses really makes you feel like you've arrived, doesn't it?! :goodvibes

:wave2: Yay, I found your report and looking forward to reading all about your trip :goodvibes

I'm interested to see how you slowed down and managed extra people! I almost have my parents convinced to come with us next time and my mom has to be careful to not get herself tired out.

popcorn::

YAY! Off to the airport! I can't imagine being afraid to fly...I've always loved it! But they hide their nervousness well! :thumbsup2 I hope you have a smooth flight!

Getting to the DME counter and seeing the buses really makes you feel like you've arrived, doesn't it?! :goodvibes
It was a great flight!! We only had a little turbulence and they did awesome, once we were up in the air they were fine.:thumbsup2
We are always soooo happy to see the DME counter!! Such a great feeling.:goodvibes
:wave2: Yay, I found your report and looking forward to reading all about your trip :goodvibes

I'm interested to see how you slowed down and managed extra people! I almost have my parents convinced to come with us next time and my mom has to be careful to not get herself tired out.

popcorn::
Yay!!!:yay: You found me!! I'm so happy you decided to join in again.:goodvibes Slowing down was quite a challenge for me, but I knew it had to be done. My mom has to take things slow also, and not get tired out, or she gets sick very easily.
I love how JetBlue reassigns people due to the TVs...yes, we live and die by the screen :rotfl:

Too funny!!:rotfl: Isn't it crazy though, a perfectly good seat. What made it even funnier is that my brother ended up sitting in that exact seat and the TV ended up being fine after all.:rolleyes1

Your family looks so happy to be together.:goodvibes So far, so good. What did mom and dad think about the flight? Beautiful, peaceful pictures from the ferry, too!:)

I am so glad that you like the Pop! All-star Movies is wonderful. We stayed in the dalmation building and it was the perfect location.

I can't wait to hear more about the Pop.

I'm in- can't wait to hear all about it!! :)
:welcome: I'm glad you joined in!!!
Your family looks so happy to be together.:goodvibes So far, so good. What did mom and dad think about the flight? Beautiful, peaceful pictures from the ferry, too!:)
They loved the flight!! They couldn't believe that they spent so many months worrying about it. They even told me the other day, that they are ready to go back!!:thumbsup2
I am so glad that you like the Pop! All-star Movies is wonderful. We stayed in the dalmation building and it was the perfect location.

I can't wait to hear more about the Pop.

I'm so happy to hear that you liked All-star Movies!!:woohoo: Although, we love Pop, we wanted to try someplace different next year. We're still deciding but ASMovies looks like such a fun resort!!!

Our Arrival at Pop is up next!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter