Our restaurant reviews from the past week (long)

jwfla422

DIS Veteran/Philly Native
Here are our reviews from this past Saturday thru Wednesday...

<b>ESPN-Lunch</b>
-pretty good, very loud as to be expected. Had the turkey wrap which I've had before, it was better the last time. DD had chicken fingers, a little dry, dh had a reuben which was good. It took quite a while to get our food.

<b>Gulliver's at the Swan-Dinner</b>
-very good. Pluto and Goofy there. Not real busy so it was relaxing. Server Tara was terriffic, accomodated us with all of our off menu requests.

DH and I split a pizza which was made half his way and half my way (much better than having lots of leftovers by ordering 2 full pizzas). We split a caesar and dd had grilled chicken. Everything really good. This place has been consistently good for the past several years.

<b>Donald's Breakfastsorous at AK-Breakfast</b>
good food and good fun. I had to wait 10 minutes in the buffet line but then when I got up there, there was no one behind me nor was there a line the rest of the time we were there. Love those chocolate chip pancakes. Great character interaction and a nice relaxing atmosphere. It was much more chaotic outside! Good service and good food.

<b>Yacht Club Galley-lunch</b>
One of our favorites and still consistently good (glad they opened it back up last year for lunch). I had my usual crabcake sandwich, yummy, dh had a burger and dd had grilled cheese. Valerie waited on us. Service very friendly and food was good.

<b>O'Hana's-Dinner</b>
Very good. Food was delicious as it has been every time we've gone here although we found the service to be inconsistent. This time the service was very good.

<b>Cinderella's Royal Table-breakfast</b>
Food was just ok. Time for a menu change. Princesses were great, service also good. DD didn't eat a thing and our server was kind enough not to charge for her.

<b>The Plaza-lunch</b>
Food was very good. We like this place a lot. Very relaxing. I had a tuna sandwich which was very good, dd had a grilled cheese and dh had a club sandwich. We had ice cream for dessert, it was just out of this world!! Definitely my favorite place for ice cream in WDW now!! Service was also good.

<b>Spoodles-dinner</b>
This was our first time back in a few years since back then it was starting to go downhill food and service wise. Glad to see it's back to normal again. We enjoyed our dinner here and the service was also good. I had the salmon and dh had the pasta dish. I had the mozzarella and tomatoe salad and dh had the caesar salad. My salad was pretty good. Dd had chicken fingers.

<b>Princess Storybook Breakfast</b>
OK, this one...very good princess interaction but the food was just the pits! The muffins were about the only good thing (and maybe the juice and coffee) $19.99 is a lot to pay for that!

I'm sorry but..The eggs were cold, the bacon was undercooked, the waffles were cold, etc etc. This is our 3rd visit and probably our last here. Our first time was a terrible experience and the 2nd was better but the food was just as bad as the first time. The service was a little better this time but she couldn't do much about the food.

<b>San Angel Inn-lunch</b>
Another disappointment, it's been a few years since we've last eaten here and we used to really like it. The food was ok, it was kinda boring and dd's chicken fingers were just terribly dry that she didn't eat them. (We wouldn't eat them!) The server did take them off the bill but still kinda bummed about this one.

<b>Palio's at the Swan-dinner</b>
A pleasant surprise. Very delicious. I had the tortellini with lobster, yum, yum, yummy! Dh had a seafood pizza, he ate the whole thing and they made a grilled chicken breast with fries which was a special request. The service was excellent provided by Christopher. Very comfortable and a nice atmosphere.

<b>Cape May Cafe-breakfast</b>
This is one of my favorite breakfasts. The food quality is really good and the chocolate crossiants, mmm, need I say more! The character interaction was very good, dd even ate some fruit here. Very enjoyable! Service was good.

<b>Beaches and Cream</b>
It was ok. My chicken caesar was just ok, dd enjoyed her grilled cheese. Service was a bit slow. We had ice cream for dessert but I must say that the Plaza rates higher in the ice cream category.

We would return to most of these places in the future except for PSB and San Angel Inn. I was kinda bummed we didn't get a chance to try FRESH at the Dolphin, next time. It looks really good. And Blue Zoo will be open by then.

I think we ate ourselves into oblivion this past week. Won't get on the scale for a while :tongue: -sometimes I wonder if we got to WDW just to eat!!

You mean there's something to do at WDW besides eat? :crazy:

Enjoyed your reviews- sorry PSB and San Angel were the pits. You win some, you lose some I guess.

Thanks for those reviews - you're making me hungry! We have the Princess Storybook Breakfast booked for our December/January trip. We ate here some time ago, but I'm afraid I've forgotten some of the menu items. DD plans to fill up on the cinnamon buns she remembers and DS only remembers liking the French Toast sticks (or maybe waffle sticks?) Were those still on the menu?

Thanks,

Thanks for the great reviews. We must have similar tastes because a lot of the places you liked we do also and I have to agree about San Angel. I love the atmosphere and we go back hoping to enjoy the food more than the last time but find it disappointing.

Thank you for the reviews. I enjoyed reading them

We also LOVE Cape May Breakfast!!

<b>CindyAnn</b>
This time around at PSB they had mini belgium waffles instead of the french toast sticks (actually I thought the waffles were the only decent item out of the hot breakfasts foods).

There really isn't much fun to WDW unless you can eat at 1/2 dozen good restaurants, right! (or more) he he:tongue: And, if you eat at more there's bound to be one or two that just may not be that great:earseek: Oh and some advice while reading the menus on the internet-DON'T READ THEM WHEN YOU'RE HUNGRY!!:hyper:

<b>Rafikifan</b>
Yes, San Angel Inn was a bit of a dissappointment because we really enjoyed it in the past and we were looking for somewhere in the WS that dd could have chicken fingers besides the USA that wasn't too expensive and they were one of the only ones (would love to do Teppanyaki, but no chicken finger option there).
Our food wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as it's been in the past, just a few tortillas with stuff in them:rolleyes:

<b>Uncleromulus</b>
Yes, we were quite impressed with Palios, the foccaccia (ok I can't spell ) bread they give you with the fresh roasted garlic was delicious!

Thanks for the wonderful reviews. Spoodles is one of our favorite restaurants at WDW. I also had the salmon when we were there in Sept. and loved it.

Enjoyed your reviews. Sounds like many good meals.:sunny:

Sharing your reviews I enjoyed reading them.::yes:: :wave2:

Hi Pollyann

Chip and Dale and Goofy walk around Cape May Cafe in their beach attire which is cute.

Minnie poses for pictures in a meet/greet fashion near the front area I believe from every quarter of to quarter after the hour.

The characters here are fun and the food is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter