Our POR stay during FAY. (8/16-8/23/08)

Thanks for the trip report. We are staying here in Oct. and was wondering what the slide looked like, looks like fun.

About the maid service did you tip each day? Not that service should matter over a tip, just curious. When I stay at any hotel I tip $2 a day and leave it in place housekeeping knows it's for them. I do know that some tip at the end of the stay and some don't at all.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us... Did you meet any other Diser's during your stay? How far is the walk to POFQ?... I'm thinking biegnet (sp?) for breakfast....

About the maid service did you tip each day? Not that service should matter over a tip, just curious. When I stay at any hotel I tip $2 a day and leave it in place housekeeping knows it's for them. I do know that some tip at the end of the stay and some don't at all.

Tips are for good service, not for a "bribe". It is also a "hot" issue here on the Dis;) , so I decline to answer.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us... Did you meet any other Diser's during your stay? How far is the walk to POFQ?... I'm thinking biegnet (sp?) for breakfast....

No, I didn't meet any other Disers. We never walked to POFQ, so I don't know. There is a boat that drops you right at their pool area if you don't feel like walking.

Nice pics...I stayed at POR in 2006 and loved it...some people don't care for it, because it's not in your face with the Disney stuff, but that's what I like about it. Very relaxing resort.

We had a great mousekeeper too, we got towel animals every day. :banana:

Thank you for the review and for sharing your pics. We will be there Friday. :yay:

Hey, we'll be staying there for the first time Sept 6th-14th. Maybe we'll run into each other.

Thanks OP for the review. We've always hesitated staying at this moderate resort because of all the bad transportation reviews it get, but it sounds like you guys had a great trip (other than the housekeeping issues). Only two more days and I'll find out for myself.

Great pictures. Thanks for the review.
Is it just me or is the explanation on the Beverage Station sign the most awkward sentence ever?:rolleyes1 Maybe I need more coffee but it just doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

A question.. did you walk over to POFQ and about how long did it take?

We stayed here in November. The walk to POFQ didn't take long at all. I didn't really time it but we got off the bus one night at POFQ to walk to POR and even my kids didn't complain. We had been walking the parks so much during the day, this seemed like a short stroll:yay:

I would take the walk again.

Thank you so much for posting the pictures gets me even more excited for my up coming trip, I need this vacation bed :)

we stAYED AT POR IN 2005, 2008, 2009. we never noticed any issues regarding cleanliness. our rooms were always really clean, spotless actually. the grounds are beautifully kept. please dont let a few reports turn you off from this reort. it is actually our favorite moderate resort! we stayed at cbr this past sept and found ourselves wishing we were back at riverside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter