Our Poly Review--Nov 15-22.....

Rozzie

DIS Cast Member
Well I had so much anticipation for our poly stay. Dh never stayed there, and I haven't stayed there since I was 11...

Well it was beyond words! Absolutely wonderful. We were in Tahiti, 3010. wonderful GV. the room was huge, double sinks. the decor was very tasteful. I had not requested a building with my reservation, hoping for a upgrade. Well we checked in at 7am. the CM who checked us in was nice, not too overly helpful on picking a building, I was going back and forth on which building, and picked Tahiti for it's proximity to the TTC. what a awesome choice!!!! it was the highlight of our trip. nothing like being on the monorail in 5 min to epcot (for those of us who eat like horses while on vacation!) we would whip to epcot for lunch, it was so easy...

no towel animals. but that's ok. I went into this trip not expecting them...so i was not disappointed. We did have a glitch with hot water and had to take cold showers I believe it was wed. morning. I called maintence and they said they were aware of the problem. I could have made a huge deal about it, but I was going to CRT, and didn't want to get involved in a huge guest relations issue. I tend to let things eat at me for days if I feel like it was not resolved to my liking...so I decided not to go there, and had a magical day! (see my CRT miracle review)

The CM's were great. all smiles and aloha's. Tonga toast is a must have. Fireworks from the beach is a must. Nothing like beating the crowds on the monorail and sitting next to your loved one on the beach, watching the castle come alive.

Captain cook's is convenient, we ate there once for lunch, but several times for snacks. the only neg. about tahiti is that it is a small hike from the GCH. we will always try to stay in tahiti. which brings me to a warning....you will be spoiled and pampered at poly and could be placed in our position-------our vow never to stay anywhere else. till our next trip, dreams of waterfalls and tiki lite tropical walkways to magic...........

feel free to ask any questions, we ate at kona and ohana's. these are worth in themselves a stay at poly...Tikiman help! We are hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

I'm so glad you had a great time! We leave next Friday and I CANNOT WAIT THAT LONG!!!! Thank goodness this is a short week!

We booked Lagoon view, so our odds of getting Tahiti are very good, as most of the Lagoon view rooms are there (I do know it's not guaranteed, though, as other buildings do have some Lagoon views). I'm really hopping for an upgrade to concierge, but I'm not holding my breath!

I can simpathize about the cold water, the same thing happened to my mom and I at Disneyland at the Grand Californian. She was trying to take her evening bath and was only getting cold water. It was right around the time that Eisner was in trouble and Comcast was trying the hostle take over. My mother said she was ready to march down to the front desk and ask if Eisner was so busy fighting off the board and a take-over attempt that he forgot to pay the water bill! :)

I told her to calm down, wait until morning and see if we had hot water, THEN complain. We waited, and the problem was resolved by the next morning, I took my hot shower with no problems! She was still unhappy! "Why are we paying so much for a 4 star hotel that can't even get us hot water?". I told her there must have been a problem with the boiler, and that can happen at a Motel 6 just as easily as a Four Seasons, and to let it go!

Anyway, I don't have any questions, but thanks for sharing your stay, I'm so glad that the recent Poly reviews have been so positive!

Are the rooms updated? How is the pool/beach area for kids. Thanks . Glad that you had such a nice vacation.

Hey, we were in the same building!! We were there Nov 11-19. The bad water day was Thurs. ;) I loved staying in Tahiti too. It was a bit of a walk to the mainhouse with kids, but the closeness to TTC cant be beat! I'd definately go with that building again.

Cynde

Rozzie, so glad you had a great time!

You wrote that you ate at both Kona and Ohana's. If you don't mind me asking, if you could only had dinner at one, which one would you choose??

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 seven year olds (kids small eaters, and happier with mac and cheese than meat), so am thinking they'd like the food better at Kona but the entertainment at Ohana's (coconut races and all) might offset the food. Am thinking Ohana's will wind up being pricier, too.

Thank you!:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Sorry you got hooked and I do mean that!! We still try other resorts and we do enjoy starting off each trip at a different resort but we always end the trip at the Polynesian. There are so many times I want to go and stay somewhere else the whole time but I would have too hard a time being there and not staying at the Polynesian. I can still remember how it felt when my family would stay elsewhere and I would look over at the Polynesian and think how lucky those people were to be staying there. I don’t want to feel that way again so I always end up there.

Well I am glad you enjoyed Tahiti and I am glad you did not let the hot water problem ruin your trip or visit to the Polynesian.

For future reference if there is a room problem and the staff sounds like they are not sure when it will be resolved that is because the repairs are done from an off site company and the Polynesian staff does not have much control over how and when they do the work other than tell them it needs to be done ASAP. This was the choice of Disney Management to use offsite workers and get rid of the workers that use to be onsite, or at least most of them.

Aloha

Steve

Originally posted by kpossible
Are the rooms updated? How is the pool/beach area for kids. Thanks . Glad that you had such a nice vacation.

Our room was updated. Well, I was told it was updated, and it was very nice. don't let the anti-polyites discourage you on the decor. The pool/beach area for the kids was fantastic. us bigger kids tended to stay to the quiet pool for naps, but I must say the set up they have at the volcano pool/beach area is out of this world. I heard more than one child asking his parents if they could skip MK and stay at the pool...:p

polyherewecome--we only ate bfast at Kona Cafe, tonga toast yum! the dinner menu looked great....ohana's was out of this world, the food was awesome, and the kids were having a blast, they were doing huladancing and all kind of fun singing. our dinner for two was $50 give or take a dollar. we get 20 % off, so I would have to get the original receipt to know for sure. My dh says that is his must for next time (even over V & A's!!!!!!!!!)

We ate at both Kona Cafe and Ohana's last week and really enjoyed both. Kona Cafe was more fine dinning, Ohana's is quality and quantity, but the main dishes are grilled meats, with very little subtlety to the taste. Don't get me wrong, we loved both, but I think the food is better at Kona Cafe.

On the other hand, if you have kids, they will enjoy the atmosphere more at Ohanas with Aloha chants and coconut races, plus seeing the fire pit.

You can't go wrong with either. I think Ohanas was a shade more expensive, but both were within 10% of each other price wise.

Enjoy. Tx5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter