Our plan for meals so far...any suggestions?

dminnie

DIS Veteran
I'm so excited that we'll be there for spring break(3rd week in March)! We'll be staying at CBR for 7 nights! 4 adults--our 2 kids are college age. We're going to parks for 3 days and doing other things the remaining days. Here's the plan so far. Any suggestions, especially for Thurs. night?

Sun: MK - dinner at Grand Fl Cafe - DD22 chose for her birthday dinner - is there anything special we could have delivered to the table (that won't break the bank)?

Mon - probably a water park and maybe putt putt- dinner at Beaches and Cream(never been there)

Tue - renting a car to go do some non-Disney things

Wed. Epcot/Hollywood Studios - will probably eat at CS places in Epcot

Thur. probably Disney Quest and shopping at Disney Springs or another water park --I'm trying to decide on dinner...maybe Boma(we've really liked it in the past) or Cape May(never had it). Any other ideas...maybe a regular TS place that wouldn't cost as much as an ACYTE buffet?

Fri. - MK for EMH and then a break for a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare...CS someplace for dinner

Also, we were thinking about fitting in Olivia's Cafe, based on the reviews of it. When would you do it...maybe breakfast on Tues., after we pick up the rental car? Or, Wed. before we turn in the car? Is it a pretty quick place to eat breakfast?

We aren't really planning any meals at CBR since they have the construction going on. I think I read that they have a breakfast buffet. Anyone know the cost of it and if it's any good? Do they have any interesting items or is it a typical American breakfast?

I guess I should have added that we aren't on a meal plan. We're trying to limit the TS we do and mostly do CS to save $. We do like interesting foods though and taking a break from things for a while, so some TS will help mix it up.

We still have some non-expiring 10 day parks with Water parks and more/park hopping we're using. We only have 5 park days left on them, so we're trying to only do 3 park days so we can save the last 2 for another trip. Also, as much as we love the parks, we just get tired out doing them almost every day, so we're going to try to just do them 1/2 the days. I hope that makes sense. We've barely used the water parks and more thing on our tickets and have never tried a water park(ever, anywhere!), so we thought we'd try it. LOL, I didn't know Disney Quest was gone! I wonder what else we can do with the Water Parks and More thing.

Any other suggestions for what to do on Monday and Thursday would be great! Tuesday is completely booked with off-site plans.

BTW, I wish they still sold the non-expiring tickets. We've used a couple days at time and I really don't think we would have kept going back so many times if we hadn't gotten them. Kinda, doubt we'll go much once they are gone....probably wait till we have grandkids..which is far off.

Last edited:

If you have hoppers and want good CS, would you consider going to AK and trying Satuli Canteen? It gets rave reviews and easier transport with a car. AK has really good CS, as does Epcot. HS does not lol

Disney Springs has some wonderful CS and TS dining options. We love Blaze Pizza, Polite Pig, and Homecoming on our last trip. We were OOP, and felt they were all a great deal for cost. Enjoy your trip.

If you have hoppers and want good CS, would you consider going to AK and trying Satuli Canteen? It gets rave reviews and easier transport with a car. AK has really good CS, as does Epcot. HS does not lol
OOH...Satuli Canteen sounds good! Create your own bowl would be nice. If we get to AK, we should eat there! Now, I just need to talk everyone into fitting that in...maybe since they've added the World of Avatar since we've been there last...

Disney Springs has some wonderful CS and TS dining options. We love Blaze Pizza, Polite Pig, and Homecoming on our last trip. We were OOP, and felt they were all a great deal for cost. Enjoy your trip.
We did Polite Pig , Wolfgang Puck Express and Homecomin' on our last trip. We pay OOP and felt we got a good amount of food . Depending on your eating style you can split entrees. Below are a few photos
20171115_181237.jpg
Pasta at Puck .
20171113_182805.jpg
Fried Chicken with Donuts Homecomin
20171114_113316.jpg
Half of a Puck pizza
20171112_180624.jpg
Rack of Ribs Polite Pig

Kids in college probably like awesome rides. Right now the hottest ride is Flight of Passage in AK. It’s like Soarin on steroids. Plus AK has Expedition Everest and Satuli Canteen (my favorite CS!). Can you add another day to your tickets?

I’d do AK for 1/2 day or longer. HS for 1/2 (Tower of terror, Rockin roller coaster, Star Tours, Sci Fi for lunch). Epcot for a day. And MK.

Kids in college probably like awesome rides. Right now the hottest ride is Flight of Passage in AK. It’s like Soarin on steroids. Plus AK has Expedition Everest and Satuli Canteen (my favorite CS!). Can you add another day to your tickets?

I’d do AK for 1/2 day or longer. HS for 1/2 (Tower of terror, Rockin roller coaster, Star Tours, Sci Fi for lunch). Epcot for a day. And MK.

I'm starting to think about using another day on our tickets. They are non-expiring, so I doubt they'll let us just add days to it since they don't sell them anymore! We have 5 days on them and I was hoping to leave 2 days for our next trip. Maybe we should just leave one day. If I add a day, our park schedule would probably be something like this:

Sun. MK
Mon. AK and HS
Tue. non- disney plans
Wed. Epcot (park hop to HS if we feel like it)
Thur. water park/shopping
Fri. MK (park hopping if we feel like it)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter