• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Photopass CD arrived!

MOmousefan

DIS Veteran
We recieved our Photopass CD via UPS. We had 102 pictures taken in the parks and after adding borders and cropping, we recieved 220 pics. Here are just a few.

image201.jpg
image205.jpg

image170.jpg
image72.jpg

image156.jpg
image53.jpg

image02.jpg

image135.jpg
image118.jpg

image17.jpg

I know that $125.00 sounds like a lot, but with 220 pictures the cost per picture is very reasonable.

Great pix !! It sounds like alot but it is worth it. We have done the CD 2 times and it is worth every penny. Way cheaper than a few pix bought in the parks. Thank-you for sharing.

Gotta love Photopass. Nice pics.
I split the CD with 4 other DISer's last month. We got some really good shots.

Those are some great pictures and I have a few questions. Last year when I got the CD you could only get it at WDW and not on the website with no extras...so did you get yours from the website? Then once on the website you can add the borders and "extras" is that right? Then you can have the original and edited pictures? Sorry these questions are kinda stupid I just want to make sure I have my facts straight! I am really excited if that is the way things work!!! TIA

Photopass CD is well worth the money. At first we didn't stop at the photograhers much, but by the end of the trip the kids were getting tired of getting their picture taken. Is that even possible. Just wait until next trip! We'll stop everytime we see a photograher to make sure we get our money's worth.

Great pic of the Beast! I like that one a lot.

I'm really looking forward to PhotoPass this trip. It will be nice not having to ask people to take our picture all the time. I just hope to get enough pictures to make the CD worth it.

Thank you for the comments. Luvfigment - to answer your question, the Photopass card has a 16 digit number that I entered on the Disney website. The original 102 pictures appear as thumbnails and as I clicked on each one I could add the desired border and/or crop the picture. I like having the original untouched pictures in case I want to do something with them. As a teacher I always say their is no "stupid question". I would not want to spend park time looking at the pics, but do it in the convenience and comfort of home. I was also impressed with the CD arriving 4 days after I ordered it.
2BusyPlanning - I was sitting in the shade outside of Morrocco while the kids were looking at jewelry when I sensed the presence of someone standing by me and it was the Beast!

<<We had 102 pictures taken in the parks and after adding borders and cropping, we recieved 220 pics>>

So, you started with the original 102. You saved those. PLUS you added borders and such to some of them and you ended up with 220 total?

That's great that they let you keep the original in tact. Bonus! :cool1:

If you look at the back of the PhotoPass, the directions make it easy to access and manipulate your pictures.
ppcd.jpg

My hat is off to Disney in how easy they make it for us use their website.

Great pictures!!!

From what I have seen and read here on the DIS, Disney has hit a homerun with Photopass CD.

Your pictures look awesome. I can't wait to use photopass on my Disney trip. By the way, where did you get your name tags?

Don't get me started on name badges. Every trip it seems like they change the location on where I can get our stinking badges. In 2005 we got them at the Emporium and had our names engraved across the street in the jewelry store. This year the CMs never heard og them, so we got them at the Disney Store in DTD and to go to the Christmas store to be engraved. (Rant off)
They are well worth the time as people call us by name and some CMs say welcome back.
badge1430x302.jpg

Very nice pictures. I am glad someone besides myself has a guest name tag. Its kinda fun having the CM call your name when passing

MOmousefan...........OMG :rotfl: The first picture that is at the top of this thread........I have the exact same shirt as the ORANGE BEACH, AL!!!! I think that is funny!!! Looking good!! :thumbsup2

What resolution are the pics I'am thinking about buying the CD but I only want them if they are comprable or better in res to the pics i took with my 5mp cam.

Gotta love Photopass. Nice pics.
I split the CD with 4 other DISer's last month. We got some really good shots.

On my last trip I split a CD with 10 other people. And this was before the price increased, so at the time it was only $99 plus S&H, so we each paid less than $10.

It was great for us because all of us who went in on the CD had very few pics taken during our trips, and paying $100 for only 15-20 pics would have been rediculous.

Those are some great pictures and I have a few questions. Last year when I got the CD you could only get it at WDW and not on the website with no extras...so did you get yours from the website? Then once on the website you can add the borders and "extras" is that right? Then you can have the original and edited pictures? Sorry these questions are kinda stupid I just want to make sure I have my facts straight! I am really excited if that is the way things work!!! TIA

That changed in January 2007; you can now get teh CD either online or at the parks. The CD includes all pics in one PhotoPass account.

Yes, when you go to the PhotoPass web site and add borders and graphics, or crop the pics, you can then save a copy of the pic (or multiple versions, even), and still keep the original.

<<We had 102 pictures taken in the parks and after adding borders and cropping, we recieved 220 pics>>

So, you started with the original 102. You saved those. PLUS you added borders and such to some of them and you ended up with 220 total?

That's great that they let you keep the original in tact. Bonus! :cool1:

You have to be careful - the system does not automatically keep the original and save a copy. You must save the copy yourself before making changes, otherwise the changes will be made to the original.

What resolution are the pics I'am thinking about buying the CD but I only want them if they are comprable or better in res to the pics i took with my 5mp cam.

PhotoPass photographers use Nikon D70 SLR cameras, which shoot 3008x2000, or 6mp images. Not only are the megapixels good, but the overall quality of the pics is generally excellent, with a few exceptions - the skill of the PhotoPass photographers is not all alike, so some will crop badly, some will expose badly (MO MouseFan's second pic, for example, has the castle exposed properly but the people are overexposed due to too much flash). They are getting better trained as time goes on,however.

Test Track's pics are even higher resolution, 4008x2672, or 10mp. Test Track is currently the only ride with PhotoPass capability, but according to the PhotoPass rep I met at MouseFest last year, they intend to begin rolling out PhotoPass capability on other rides in 2008.

I have been getting unconfirmed reports that some ride photo counters have PhotoPass equipment behind the counter, and that if you ask, you can get your card scanned and have the ride photos added to your account. This has been denied by the PhotoPass rep in an email, so I'm waiting impatiently for my next trip in December to check it out for myself.

My sister and I split a CD; we are patiently awaiting its arrival. :rolleyes1 Nice to know that people are overall pleased with it. My sister also mentioned that Disney releases all the rights to the pics that’s why the CD is pretty pricey??

You have to be careful - the system does not automatically keep the original and save a copy. You must save the copy yourself before making changes, otherwise the changes will be made to the original.

not exactly true. the system won't let you change or delete the original photo. there is no save option, just save as. any changes you make to any photo can easily be undone anyway.

Let me see if I understand this.
The Photopass CD is $100, no matter how many photos are on it.
Any idea how many photo's the CD holds?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter