• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our official Disneyland greeting

SaraJay

Earning My Ears
Pssst!

Just letting you in on our secret little family tradition. :earsboy:

It has always struck us, as we enter the park, that everyone seems to have the same festive air about them while at Disneyland, especially right as you enter. If you catch someone's eye, you often share that knowing look of "OMYGOSHWEAREATDISNEYLANDTHISISSOAWESOME!!" I am giggling for the first hour, at least.

Everyone is excited, there is delightful music playing, people in costumes, wonderful smells, and it just feels like you should say "Merry Christmas!" or something!

We decided that we needed a special Disneyland greeting. We quickly agreed on:

"Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!"

You respond,
"Zip-a-dee-ay"

It works for us! And we have only 9 more sleeps until we get to say it!!!!

We can't do anything like that because I am usually crying--just so darn excited to know that I am lucky enough to be in one of my most favorite places in the whole world. :goodvibes

We can't do anything like that because I am usually crying--just so darn excited to know that I am lucky enough to be in one of my most favorite places in the whole world. :goodvibes

sorry for the of topicness but what are the animals things in your sig?

We have a new tradition from our last trip...Teary eyed or not our son insisted we sing "Walking right down the middle of Main St USA" from the Disneyland Fun Sing A long Songs

It has always struck us, as we enter the park, that everyone seems to have the same festive air about them while at Disneyland, especially right as you enter. If you catch someone's eye, you often share that knowing look of "OMYGOSHWEAREATDISNEYLANDTHISISSOAWESOME!!" I am giggling for the first hour, at least.

Much different than the "OMYGOSHICANTWAITTOGETBACKTOTHEROOMSOICANGOTOSLEEP!!" look I see in everyones faces at closing time! :laughing:

What a great idea. We usually hang on to each other saying we can't believe we are back. I love the way you count the number of days. We'll be there in 7 more "sleeps". Have a great time.

I love it! If someone comes up to us and says "Zip a Dee Doo Dah" we will make sure we respond appropriately!

sorry for the of topicness but what are the animals things in your sig?

I'm not sure about her pictures, if she picked them or they are official, but the initials are for Disney villas.

Disney World:

OKW - Old Key West
BCV - Beach Club Villas
SSR - Saratoga Springs Resort
BLT - Bay Lake Tower

and from Disneyland, of course:

GCV - Grand Californian Villas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter