• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our offer was accepted

robinbutterfly

DIS Veteran
Now I am feeling like I didn't get a good deal.
65 dollars per point for BWV
140 bank points
AND I am paying 2012 dues and closing costs.
I thought with the free banked points it was a good deal. Was it not?

Break the transaction down into money and compare it against other listings and the ROFR thread.

So many people get excited and buy at a resort without staying there first or without truly understanding how the DVC works. You need to understand that this is a $80,000 transaction if you keep the contract full term.

:earsboy: Bill

Break the transaction down into money and compare it against other listings and the ROFR thread.

So many people get excited and buy at a resort without staying there first or without truly understanding how the DVC works. You need to understand that this is a $80,000 transaction if you keep the contract full term.

How is it 80K?? :scared1:
:confused3
We have stayed at BWV and love it. I also know how DVC works...or at least I thought i did.

How is it 80K?? :scared1:
:confused3
We have stayed at BWV and love it. I also know how DVC works...or at least I thought i did.

Buying a DVC interest locks you into yearly vacations with Disney. Over the life of your contract that's at least $80,000 for travel, food, dues, insurance, and all of the Disney extras that you will buy. Most people who don't own a timeshare do not vacation every year for 30 to 50 years. Their lives change and their interests change.

Buying a DVC interest locks you into yearly vacations with Disney. Over the life of your contract that's at least $80,000 for travel, food, dues, insurance, and all of the Disney extras that you will buy. Most people who don't own a timeshare do not vacation every year for 30 to 50 years. Their lives change and their interests change.

Ahhh....makes sense. Well considering we spent over 10K for 3 trips in 3 years... 80K for 30 years sounds little better.

Congratulations! Best wishes on your "looooooong wait" through ROFR and closing.

I would say the contract is good with having the banked points ,but having to pay the 2012 member dues is not good .

I would say the contract is good with having the banked points ,but having to pay the 2012 member dues is not good .

From reading other threads on this board, I was under the impression that When a resale goes to Disney for ROFR, they want to see that the buyer is paying the current year's dues. Is this not correct?

From reading other threads on this board, I was under the impression that When a resale goes to Disney for ROFR, they want to see that the buyer is paying the current year's dues. Is this not correct?

Under re-sale, everything is negotiable. Re-sales have to have a metric by which to determine costs--so, a commonly accepted practice which is easy to understand is the party who uses the points is the party who pays the MFs for them. The buyer could ask for the seller to pay for the dues on current and banked points as part of the negotiation.

I think the OP might want to take a step back and take some time to re-evaluate. This is a lot of money to spend on something and not feel sure. There's always going to be another contract.

Right now I don't see a lot of BWV contracts with just 150 points in them that have not been stripped of banked and current points. Having fewer contracts favors the sellers. Last year at this time it seems like there were lots of BWV contracts up for sale and it made it easier for the buyers. I don't think the OP has made a bad deal in terms of getting the contract to start using it ASAP especially when average it out over the cost of the contract (annual dues will be a bigger factor over the life of the contract). But, if the OPs price point is lower and wants to to keep looking, the right contract most likely will come along--it just might take some more time and patience.

I think if it's worrying you now that you are paying too much it will bug you forever. You have a 10 day grace period to back out of your contract without penalties. If you are having regrets you should contact your rep and cancel the contract and find a different contract.

You could ask your rep how much BWV contracts are selling for and then there is some reported figures on this thread, http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2661661&page=140 Remember the reported purchases here on the Disboards is a small number of the actual sales for each resort so it could be that people only report their bargain prices, not the average prices.

But keep in mind sometimes a member buys a contract because it's the right number of points with the right use year and they even pay a little more per point just because they get tired of waiting for the perfect contract. We've done this and many have told us they have done the same. Other members will look for month after month to get the savings they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter