Our numbers are 1, 5, 17, 33, and 1901. A very magical day at Disney: 5/30 complete!

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
Our numbers are 1, 5, 17, 33, and 1901: A very magical day at Disney.

:welcome: to my very magical one day Disneyland report. The day was part of a 9 day trip to Southern California for Spring Break. Because I’'ve got two other trip reports in the works I decided to just report on our day at Disneyland and DCA.

The week was filled with a ton of fun from a suite upgrade at Sam’s Town in Las Vegas on our drive out to So Cal to perfectly beautiful beach weather, it was one of the best vacations we’ve ever had even if it included only one day at Disneyland. I know I always say it’s the best vacation but they really are all so terrific.

Let’s start with the first number which is 1. We would have only one day at the parks and it would be Easter Sunday no less. :faint: It would also be my family’'s first visit to Carsland.

5. There are five of us in our family. Me, DH, and the cash vacuums. Here’s a photo on our first beach day. We weren’t so pale when we left. :beach:

17. We’'d have 17 park hours to which we’d cram in as much Disney fun as possible. I think we accomplished our goal. And then some.

33. Due to generosity of a kind stranger, I was able to surprise DH and the kids with dinner at Club 33. :thanks: Thank you again kind stranger. It really was the night of a lifetime. It was pure magic.

1901. Due to the kindness of a friend of a friend of a friend, we also we’re given the opportunity to visit 1901. My hands are shaking as I type this. I had no clue how just plain cool 1901 is. None. Zero. Zip. Thank goodness DD took a ton of photos.

Because we’'d only have one day and we love our midday breaks a night at the Disneyland Hotel was in order. We are DVC owners but it’s nearly impossible to score a villa at the GCV less than 4 months out so we opted to use points for a night at the Disneyland Hotel. I had just stayed there for a night a month earlier with my bestie for our birthdays and fell in love with the hotel. I hadn'’t been since the refurb of both the hotel and pool and Disney did a great job. Love love love.

The hotel was a surprise. :woohoo: I dig a good surprise. We stayed with my girlfriend the rest of the vacation but I just have to be at Disneyland when I’'m at Disneyland. It’s a sickness.

Because we were staying on property we’'d have access to EMH at DCA. EMH was at 7 am. My friend lives about 10-15 minutes away so that meant we’d have to wake up by 5:30 (5:00 for me), leave her house by 6 am, drive to the resort, valet, check in, grab our tickets from guest services, and be to the DCA gate by about 6:50. :scared: Park hours were 8-midnight for Disneyland and 8a-10p for DCA.

I was up about 4:30 am. I was just so excited. Club 33 was also a surprise for DH and the kids and between that and Carsland and 1901 and the hotel, I couldn’t sleep. We were all packed and in the car at 5:58 am. That’s magic right there. Funny, my kids will always wake up happy for Disney but never for anything else. Gotta love having teens and tweens.

So on the way none of them noticed the bags we had packed and I’'m not sure how. I told them when packing for the trip that they needed to pack something nice to wear in case when went to a fancy dinner. They all obeyed. Yay me! We used backpacks and my DVC bag to pack as not to clue them in. I packed some waters and a bunch of snacks too. I’'m far from cheap when it comes to meals and snacks at Disneyland but paying $3 for a water freaks me out and I avoid it if at all possible. I also always like to have some sort of food with us. I didn’t grow up hungry so I have no idea where my need to feed comes from.

When we turned at the Disneyland Hotel they got suspicious.

Not even we pulled in to the valet did I admit we were staying the night. Finally while checking in and giving DH his birthday button did I give in. :lmao: They were elated! The CM also told us our room would be ready early and it was. We dropped our luggage at bell services and were on our way. Luckily the CM at the Disneyland Hotel was able to print our tickets so we didn’t have to deal with guest services at DCA. I had faxed in a request to receive the same room I had stayed in the month prior. It was 2247 on the 4th floor with a view of DTD. They granted our request and we got the same room. I was elated! The CM confirmed that that was our room upon checking in and it would be ready earlier than the normal check in time. The photos below are from my trip a month ago. As it was the same exact room. I thought it would be okay to post the photos I had already taken. Once the kids hit the room it turns into a mess and I’'m sure no one want to see that.

We headed through DTD with a spring in our step and smiles on our faces. It just doesn’t get much better. I was still harboring the Club 33 secret and could literally burst at the seams. Security was a breeze but I was surprised at how many people were there already.

We arrived at DCA at just about 6:45 am. Happy kids waiting to enter:

To be continued…..

I'm in...coming back to read. :)

Jill in CO

ETA...Can you adopt me please? I can't believe you were able to pull off the surprise about staying onsite.

I'm in...coming back to read. :)

Jill in CO

ETA...Can you adopt me please? I can't believe you were able to pull off the surprise about staying onsite.

:goodvibes and :welcome: and ::yes:: I'll adopt you. I'm only 44 so we may get funny looks when I explain that you're my daughter. :rotfl:

I'm surprised too. I think it was so early in the morning that they didn't clue in. Telling them that DVC can swim even if we're not staying the night didn't hurt.​

Yay for another TR!

Why not right?! :welcome: This one will be finished in a matter of days I think. It's only a one day trip but I have a ridiculous amount of photos. :blush:

Nice to hear you start another trip report. Great pictures from the DLH room that you were staying. I can't wait to read more.

Club 33? Okay, you got me! :) I can't wait to hear about it. Aren't the teacup chairs in the lobby just the best? :) Glad you had an awesome trip!

I'm here, what a great start! How fun you were able to keep the secrets :)

I love all the details of that room!

Club 33? Okay, you got me! :) I can't wait to hear about it. Aren't the teacup chairs in the lobby just the best? :) Glad you had an awesome trip!

I had to take a double take of that picture. Love those chairs!

Jill in CO

I'm here!

:welcome: Glad you're here. I'm working on an update right ow.​

Nice to hear you start another trip report. Great pictures from the DLH room that you were staying. I can't wait to read more.

:welcome: Bret. I'll warn you, my pictures are nothing like yours. ;) Our middle DD took the majority of the photos so they're from the view of a 14 y/o but I think that makes it really cool just not professional.​

I'm here, I'm here! Looking forward to the ridiculous amounts of pictures:cool1:

:goodvibes :welcome: I love a picture heavy report.​

Checking in. I will be at Disneyland in a little over 4 weeks.

Corinna

:welcome: Four week? I'm jealous! How fun and the weather should be perfect.​

:welcome: The lobby is gorgeous and I love the tea cup chairs. I was impressed with the new pool and Trader Sam's too. I could definitely use a resort only day at the DLH.​

I'm here, what a great start! How fun you were able to keep the secrets :)

I love all the details of that room!

It was very hard to keep the secrets. I get so excited about our trips that its really difficult but thankful I only had to keep quiet for a few weeks. :welcome:

I had to take a double take of that picture. Love those chairs!

Jill in CO

They're adorable. The light up headboard though is the coolest thing ever. And it plays a song A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes. I had to listen to it about 100 times. :cloud9:

Must. Stay. At. Disneyland. Hotel. I keep seeing the photos teasing me, and every set makes it look better and better.

Good for you pulling off the surprises! The older they get the smarter they seem to be at figuring things out.

Looking forward to watching your whirlwind day!

PHXscuba

Must. Stay. At. Disneyland. Hotel. I keep seeing the photos teasing me, and every set makes it look better and better.

Good for you pulling off the surprises! The older they get the smarter they seem to be at figuring things out.

Looking forward to watching your whirlwind day!

PHXscuba

:welcome: Good to have you. The DLH is really fabulous. I buy into the whole staying-on-site hook, line, and sinker. It just adds to the magic for me. I've stayed on, off, and really off and on just rocks! I'm trying to plan a holiday time trip and fear the GCV won't be available. It'll be between the DLH and PPH. The last time we stayed at the PPH it was terrible. I keep reading recent reports about how everyone just loves it so it's back on the table.

I was shocked I was able to pull any of it off to be honest but it was well worth it.​

A couple more pictures while we waited for DCA to open:

We had almost 15 minute to discuss the plan for the day. The kids knew we had just 17 hours. What they didn’t know was that we had less than that due to dinner. We chatted and decided on the one thing each of us just had to do. DH chose Soarin’, I chose RSR, Gabby chose Indy, Chloe chose Splash, and Joshua chose Space. I told them anything else was to be considered gravy. Spirits were high and we were ready for some magic.

Here’'s where I made a BIG mistake. I read so much about how to attack EMH at DCA and decided we’'d do TSMM and Screamin’ before heading to the RSR FP line at about 7:45. It was a set plan and everyone was all for it.......up until about 2 minutes before we entered and then it was total anarchy. My family never tries to overrule the plan. Ever. They know mom (me) spends countless hours planning our trips, going over every detail, and planning to make it a great time for everyone.

About a minute before we were let in they had me convinced, on the surface at most, to go to to Carsland first. I warned them of the pits and perils of RSR breakdowns but they were so excited to see it.

We happily ran to RSR with thrones of other people. It was packed. Every person in the DLR hotels must have been there.

I did stop to snap a photo:

The CMs were all smiles and waving as they led us through the line and then it stopped. Literally. Not even a test car went by. Twenty minutes went by and we decided to get out of line. I thought the rule was 15 minutes for a ride to go 101 and they’'d start handing out FP. Apparently RSR doesn’t adhere to that rule. I sent them over to TSMM while I waited in line for RSR FP. The line at just before 7:30 was already so long. I knew it was popular but had no idea how popular. I chatted in line with 2 nice guys, one from Utah, and the wait went by quickly. How I wished I grabbed a water bottle or some money before I sent them on their way.

I got a call from Joshua telling me they just got off TSMM and it was a walk on. No hsit sherlock. ;) This isn'’t my first rodeo. They told me to run over and ride it with them. There was no way I was getting out of the FP line. I told them to ride again. They did. And they rode Screamin’. At 8:00 the FP started moving and I think it took me about 5 minutes to get through. Voila:

Paper gold right there folks!

I called the family and told them to meet me at Soarin’. I needed to ride something quick like. We had an hour before our FP time was up.

They met me at Soarin’ and it was a walk on. I think every person that morning was in Carsland. After Soarin’ DH and the girls wanted to ride ToT so we decided to split up. :lmao: DS and I wanted to ride TSMM but first we all needed some sustinence.

The line was long at the coffee/pastry cart near the pier so I had a chance to snap some pics:

We got a variety of coffees, juices, and muffins.

On the way Joshua stopped with me to have our photo taken:

The line for TSMM was way too long so Joshua and I headed back to Carsland to ride the Mater ride. It was actually really fun.

DH and the girls met us in front of RSR. Of course I had to take more photos. Carsland is brilliant. It was done extremely well. I wonder if the crowds will ever die down. It’s exactly what DCA needed.

I did have time to take a few pictures before they arrived:

We proudly handed over our FP’s and enjoyed the queue again.

Not the best tacky pic of a pic but what a fun ride! DH, DS, and I loved it. The girls liked it but thought it was overrated. Say what?

We decided to ride again in the SR line. The girls took off for another drop on ToT while we enjoyed RSR. Through the queue again:

We got really lucky with the SR line. We raced each other and DS and DH were in the same car. It was fun and my car won. :woohoo:

The line for Luigi’s was very long so we decided to skip it this trip. We’'ll be back and knowing we’'d miss a lot of doing some really special things made it less painful. I’ had never toured like this; not having days to do and see it all.

At this time we were starving so it was time to head over to the Happiest Place on Earth.

To be continued.....

I love all the photos. What a pain that RSR was down and you missed out on Toy Story Mania.

Corinna

Wow! I'm just frantic listening to your description of everyone going every which way and where! You guys move quick, there's no way the two of us slowpokes could keep up with you and your crew!

I love all the photos. What a pain that RSR was down and you missed out on Toy Story Mania.

Corinna

:goodvibes Thanks! It was really okay but it would have been fun. Thankfully I've been on it a bunch of times. What I really wanted to do was out score Joshua. :cool2: Kid got lucky.​

Wow! I'm just frantic listening to your description of everyone going every which way and where! You guys move quick, there's no way the two of us slowpokes could keep up with you and your crew!

We were excited, that's for sure. :hyper: The pressure to move quickly soon disappeared after we got some food in us. If we ever tour together, it'll be late afternoon. We're bonkers in the morning. A good bonkers but never the less bonkers. Everyone was just so happy to be there. Plus teenagers move fast. I thought they were very mellow though during our meet and they were so amazing during dinner. Riding the rides just screams go go go to them. :thumbsup2

I can hardly wait to see Carsland!

Its amazing Michele. Truly. You really feel like you're in the movie. The theme is fantastic. It's the best themed land in Disneyland/DCA in my opinion. It's not my favorite part but its got the best theme. It's right up there with Animal Kingdom in my opinion.​

Shame on them vetoing your plan at the last minute! Sorry you waited so long for the FPs. I'll have to remember your planned strategy for my trip. Your pictures are making me even more excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter