Our "Not So Scary" Return to WDW! (updt 11/14) Day 4 - Magic Kingdom - pg. 12

Love that last story you posted! It is fun to see your kids be kids when they typically think they are too old/cool for that!

Love the family picture out front!

And Dinosaur scares me too! That is just a scary ride!

Sounds like a great time of year to go, no crowds!

Allyson

So good that your surprise plans happened. I love the matching shirts too. I almost got a little teary eyed when I saw the picture of your boys back at POR and realized how much I miss it and want to be there. Well, I want to be there everyday, but it ain't happenin' until June.

LOVE this pic! Sooooo cute!

SSPX0469.jpg

This menu is soooo cute! So glad you were able to do this for your Hubby!

Now I'm really caught up!

Great installments, I am so glad the Coral Reef suprises all worked out! How fun!

And you met GlendaMax! That is like meeting a celebrity! I love her reports, how cool that you got to meet her!

Allyson

I'm happy everything worked out for you and your surprise. Leave it to little kids to let the cat out of the bag. Thankfully your DH didn't catch on. I'm thinking about eating at Coral Reef next year just so I can have the diver and personalized menu. I'll have to look at the menu and see if it would be worth it. We're not big seafood eaters. Fish from Long John Silvers is about as good as it gets. A good salmon fillet is about the extreme.

Hi Melissa,
We have 4 kids also and are researching our next trip to WDW. I was hoping you could shed some light on staying at POR with 4 kids. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Is anyone still around? Sorry about the delay in updating. I've been kinda down lately and haven't felt like getting online much.

If anyone is still here and interested, then I'll finish up my TR, starting with MK and MNSSHP!

Well, we had the NY Strip, and it was DELICIOUS!!

I'm happy everything worked out for you and your surprise. Leave it to little kids to let the cat out of the bag. Thankfully your DH didn't catch on. I'm thinking about eating at Coral Reef next year just so I can have the diver and personalized menu. I'll have to look at the menu and see if it would be worth it. We're not big seafood eaters. Fish from Long John Silvers is about as good as it gets. A good salmon fillet is about the extreme.

Well, we did the one room with trundle. It worked out well since we weren't in the room much, but when it came time to sleep, it was a little crowded.

Hope you have a great trip!

Hi Melissa,
We have 4 kids also and are researching our next trip to WDW. I was hoping you could shed some light on staying at POR with 4 kids. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

I felt like I had met a celebrity! My first DIS meet, and GlendaMax! How lucky can I get?!?!

Now I'm really caught up!

Great installments, I am so glad the Coral Reef suprises all worked out! How fun!

And you met GlendaMax! That is like meeting a celebrity! I love her reports, how cool that you got to meet her!

Allyson

Is anyone still around? Sorry about the delay in updating. I've been kinda down lately and haven't felt like getting online much.

If anyone is still here and interested, then I'll finish up my TR, starting with MK and MNSSHP!

Oh, please finish. I'm sorry you're felling down. I thought you'd finished. Yes, of course we want you to finish.

Day 4 - Magic Kingdom/MNSSHP (Part 1)

We had an ADR at Crystal Palace, and we were pretty excited about it. We had not done this during the last trip, so it was a first for us. I was mostly excited about getting some good empty Main St. pics. Thankfully, my allergy meds had kicked in quickly so I had gotten a decent nights sleep, and was ready to go. Wake up call came at 6:30, and we all got up and were at the bus stop by 7! We didn't wait long for a bus, because we were at MK before 7:30. I was so excited when we got to MK. Not only was I at MAGIC KINGDOM, but the decorations for the MNSSHP got me all excited about that night! So, we got through security and stood in line for about 10 mins. Then it was time to go in.

Here's some shots of our trip inside and down Main Street.

100_7539.jpg

100_7540.jpg

100_7541.jpg

100_7542.jpg

100_7547.jpg

We got to Crystal Palace and checked in and we waited less than 10 minutes. We ordered drinks and went to fix some plates before the characters came out. We were on the right side of the restaurant so we were able to hurry back when we say them coming.

First up was Pooh. My Pooh wanted no picture, but he was happy enough to give Pooh a high five.

100_7548.jpg

Then came Eeyore. MY FAVORITE! So, I had to get my picture taken with him, too. Notice my shirt. ;)

100_7549.jpg

100_7550.jpg

Then Tigger came out and led the parade, that my boys refused to participate in. :sad2: When that was over, Tigger finally made his way to the table, but somehow I missed the picture. :eek: After Tigger, Piglet was due up, but he was no where in sight, and it was 8:45. So, we had to skip out before we saw Piglet. :sad1:

We grabbed the strollers and headed towards the rope drop at Adventure Land. My plan was to work the part in sections, and save Fantasy Land and Tomorrow Land for MNSSHP. From the looks of the crowd we were going to have another low crowd day! :yay: When the rope dropped we headed straight to BTMRR. I was excited because CCat was big enough to ride it, and I had a feeling he'd like it. So, we get there and I ride with Goofy, Donald, and CCat while Chewy waits with Pooh. We walked right on and were the first people of the day to ride so we got front row. We even got to ride again without getting off because there was no in line when we stopped!

Here's a few pictures that Chewy snapped while waiting for us. Poor Pooh just didn't understand why he couldn't ride the train. You can see that he was upset.

100_7551.jpg

100_7567.jpg

100_7572.jpg

When we got off, Chewy decided to go ahead and ride with the boys again while I went to grab FP for Splash Mountain for later. Here's a video that Chewy took on his phone. If you listen, you can hear CCat telling Chewy what was going to happen next. It was what I did to him to keep him from being scared. Too cute.

Pooh and I walked over to Splash and there was no standby time, and the FP machines weren't even open and it was 9:30. So, when the others were done with BTMRR, Chewy decided that he, Donald, and Goofy were going to go ahead and ride Splash. It was a first for all of us. They all liked it, but we had no idea that the ride was so loooooooooong. After they were done there we headed back to Adventure Land.

We were disappointed to see that Pirates was closed, and they weren't sure what time it would reopen! So, instead we went to enjoy a Jungle Cruise. Always such corny fun, and Goofy "took cover" again when he heard gunshots. :lmao: I have no idea why he was so worried this trip about gunfire. After we finished our cruise we headed to Aladdin.

Next we decided to take a tour of the Swiss Family Treehouse. It pretty cool, and there are some awesome views from up there! One of us had a good dose of karma on the way up. Donald had rammed the stroller into Goofy just before we went into the treehouse. Well while going up the steps, Donald tripped. He didn't get hurt, but it sure made the rest of us giggle. I know, we're bad parents. :rolleyes1

After marching up and down 9 million stairs, we decided it was time for a good ole Dole Whip! I had forgotten all about these on the last trip, but not this time!! Chewy and I had a Dole Whip Float, Donald had a Coke Float, and CCat and Goofy each had a Root Beer Float. Pooh shared with all of us. After a satisying snack, we headed over to Mickey's Toontown Fair. We had to get Pooh on Goofy's Barnstormer!!

When we got there, we found the line to be non-existant again!! So, we hopped right on with our finger's crossed that all of his excitement about riding wouldn't be for nothing.

Here's a picture of him, and a video too!

100_7585.jpg

He loved it! We rode it 2 or 3 times, and then we toured Mickey's and Minnie's homes.

100_7583.jpg

The boys were begging to play at Donald's boat so they played for a while. At this time it was nearing noon, so jumped on the next train to Main Street. When we got off the train I ran over and got tickets for MNSSHP, and then we got on the bus to go back to the resort and rest. We had some yogurt and crackers and everyone laid down to rest before our late night.

Up next MNSSHP and Photopass pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter