our non-rushing (sorta) disney anniversary w/ PICS & VIDEO! new TR link - p. 136

Yay Christmas party tickets! So you get to choose what your tickets look like? I've never been to a special ticketed event so I don't know how it goes. Are those just your MVMCP tickets or your park tickets too? Just curious cause they're all so cute and I love all the little quotes, expecially the "where everyone screams at the signt of a mouse" :) I love those!

I hope I get the Tinker Bell or Cinderella ticket for MNSSHP, or the "everyone screams," one, that seems appropriate.

bummer that you can't go to LTT before it closes. i can't for the life of me figure out why they're doing that. we just have to trust in disney and hope that something just as good or better will come along!

It makes me want to plan an October trip, just so I can go! Wonder if I can convince DH to do that! ;)

I went to the site and looked at all the different ones -- the Peter Pan ones are really cute! Good choice! I really like the different Halloween ones that they have -- a Minnie, Mickey, and Tinker Bell that may have to come live with me at some point! :laughing:

Very cool pictures after the storm!!! Love those Madonna lilies!

Hurray for Mickey Christmas party tickets!

here's a video i took of some of the noisy fireworks they had at one point. most of the ones they shoot are up in the sky, but these were on the ground and were really loud. please be forewarned...my other neighbor is standing next to me and he's got a potty mouth. so you may not want to have the sound blaring if you have kiddies nearby.

sorry it's sideways. i can't figure out how to flip videos to where they're upright when you take them vertically.

anyway, that's all for now. just thought i'd share the news about our christmas party tickets and share a few cool pics with you! :flower3:

Did I ever tell you how I got pregnant because of one of those whistling fireworks (we call them piccolo Petes). We went to a 4th of July party at my cousins' house, and we were playing with one of my cousin's kids, a little girl about 2 y.o. They had put out a bucket of water to put out the fireworks, and when the piccolo Pete went off, the little girl tried to back away and went hiney-first into the bucket. She was stuck with her arms and legs hanging out and she was crying to beat the band. She wouldn't let anyone but me get her out of the bucket, and she wrapped her arms around my neck and wouldn't let go. I looked at DH and said, " I want one of these!" By the next 4th of July, we had our own DS. So watch out for those fireworks, or in your case. Dawn, you might want to stock up on them.:rotfl:

I think that's Goofy's "thing", he tripped on those stairs when we were there last year. We are doing LTT this November and we just really enjoy it. I'm not sure why they are not having the Character Meal anymore. I was reading about the lunch menu and LTT and it sounded really good. If they have the same menu for dinner, I will go to LTT even after the Characters are gone.
I have to say how cute it is how much you are talking about your future children, sounds like you are ready! Sorry, if that was too personal. :upsidedow

oooooohhhhhhhhh, in your next installment I know what you found...:thumbsup2

up next.......
clueDSC04601.jpg

Great update....love the LTT pics :thumbsup2

Did you get to ride on Cindy's horse??!!!???!!!???!!:yay: :woohoo: :yay:

I want to try and do that too princess: , I can't think of the last time I was on the carousel

plus my sister is moving to connecticut in september and i'm sure i'll want to visit her early in '09. i've never been up north before (the farthest i've gotten is indiana) so i plan to spend a few days there my first time!

Hey, where in CT? I'm just outside of Hartford! Small world...;)

a husband that encourages me to spend money
:worship: :worship: :worship: Can't wait to see the pictures of the figurines and love the thought that they may go one day in your baby's room. :hug:

:i noticed that i kept hearing music and a tapping sound, so i looked up and saw this
DSC04557.jpg
see that sign that says, "music and dance lessons"? underneath it, it says "tap." so i guess we were hearing someone having tap dancing lessons upstairs! how cool is that????

Too cool! I love all the little details!!

had to stop in sir mickey's to see the giant......

DSC04565.jpg

I've NEVER noticed this!! :confused3 Thank you for pointing it out. I will be on the look-out for it in Oct!

.....i hadn't noticed it before
DSC04566.jpg

Me neither! Thanks again! Clearly I have to pay more attention when shopping!

LTT looks like fun. Based on several trip reports recently I'd been thinking of trying it. Sad to hear the character meals are going away.

Awesome storm pictures and those fireworks look better than what my town put together. Score one for Connecticut... don't tell your sis.

It makes me want to plan an October trip, just so I can go! Wonder if I can convince DH to do that! ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Go in October! I'm going solo and would love a DIS meet!

Great update Dawn!!!

I have never seen the giant before!!! So cool!!:cool1:

That's stinks about LTT. We have never ate there!:confused3

I'm glad we're getting LTT in at Thanksgiving then, if they're doing away with characters. We're mostly doing it for that and the holiday atmosphere, and we'd be less likely to do it with no characters.

Great pictures!

ooooh i cant wait for my trip....were planning in September to go to Disney, we are going there in October for my sisters wedding, and then my friend from Chicago is coming in December and we are gonna go to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party...I cant wait.

I love your pics, I need to actually sit in main street and appreciate the scenery, I never do cause im always soo busy trying to get on all the rides with my family. Definitly next time, im gonna sit and watch around Main Street.

The Giant in the store looks soo cool...what store was that again.
I love the "height" marks for Wendy, Michael, and john...soo cute...gotta check that out when I go again.

I had a feeling that clue was a character with brown hands, but for some reason I never thought about Chip and Dale. lol...your next clue must be from the carousel, right?? lol.

Hope you had a great 4th of july, those fireworks look beautiful. Im really sad there wont be anymore character dining, im gonna have to check that out :(.

Cant wait for the next installment :) see ya soon.

haha...I was thinking the same thing!! I have a long weekend in October and was like "Instead of going to the conference in Halifax we should go to disney for a short weekend trip!! :lovestruc Sadly, I have a feeling it won't happen :confused: (only becase airfare is like $1000-1200 for 2!!)

Hi,Dawn.:goodvibes Wanted to let you know I am here reading.:surfweb: I have finished day 1 and am loving it.Especailly the video of the teacups.:rotfl2: Rachel watched it with me and she says hi.:goodvibes

we decided to get lunch out of the way since we had an early dinner ADR at 5:05 that night. plus ray had been itching for a casey's hot dog. i swear....the boy could eat nothing but casey's while at disney world and be perfectly happy. :rolleyes:

we got a seat inside because i don't do lunch with the ducks outside casey's. they're evil, i tell you.

whree is this place located, never have seen or heard about it...but those dogs look really good.

i finally finished catching up again...loved all of the updates...great pics, great stories.

we really like Liberty Tree we are going to try and do a walk in, since they said they did not have any ADRs for that restaurant the day we were going there.

oh well, if not we will just try another CS that we hav enot eaten at yet.

waiting for more.

:goodvibes

Yay Christmas party tickets! So you get to choose what your tickets look like? I've never been to a special ticketed event so I don't know how it goes. Are those just your MVMCP tickets or your park tickets too? Just curious cause they're all so cute and I love all the little quotes, expecially the "where everyone screams at the signt of a mouse" :) I love those!

oh, no.....you don't get to choose your tickets. it's just the luck of the draw. the tink ticket is definitely luke's because it's the child's ticket (says so on the back). the rest are all adult tickets, so we just get to choose whose is whose. but we didn't get to pick those 4 specific tickets. and those are just our MVMCP tickets, only good for that party on that night. so we will have 5 more tickets coming for our actual park tickets and won't receive those until we order them (i'm waiting until probably september to do that).

Love The Pictures :thumbsup2

thanks!!!

I hope I get the Tinker Bell or Cinderella ticket for MNSSHP, or the "everyone screams," one, that seems appropriate.

i think they're all so cute! but the teacups is one of my favorite because i just love alice so that's why i chose that one.

I went to the site and looked at all the different ones -- the Peter Pan ones are really cute! Good choice! I really like the different Halloween ones that they have -- a Minnie, Mickey, and Tinker Bell that may have to come live with me at some point! :laughing:

Very cool pictures after the storm!!! Love those Madonna lilies!

Hurray for Mickey Christmas party tickets!

yeah, i love all those figurines and how they look like they're carved from wood. they're so cute! oh, and good luck with your DH on the october trip! :wizard:

Did I ever tell you how I got pregnant because of one of those whistling fireworks (we call them piccolo Petes). We went to a 4th of July party at my cousins' house, and we were playing with one of my cousin's kids, a little girl about 2 y.o. They had put out a bucket of water to put out the fireworks, and when the piccolo Pete went off, the little girl tried to back away and went hiney-first into the bucket. She was stuck with her arms and legs hanging out and she was crying to beat the band. She wouldn't let anyone but me get her out of the bucket, and she wrapped her arms around my neck and wouldn't let go. I looked at DH and said, " I want one of these!" By the next 4th of July, we had our own DS. So watch out for those fireworks, or in your case. Dawn, you might want to stock up on them.:rotfl:

nope, you've never told me that one!!! what a great story. ray's wanting kids more than me so i don't think we'll have a problem once i'm ready! :rotfl:

I think that's Goofy's "thing", he tripped on those stairs when we were there last year. We are doing LTT this November and we just really enjoy it. I'm not sure why they are not having the Character Meal anymore. I was reading about the lunch menu and LTT and it sounded really good. If they have the same menu for dinner, I will go to LTT even after the Characters are gone.
I have to say how cute it is how much you are talking about your future children, sounds like you are ready! Sorry, if that was too personal. :upsidedow

oooooohhhhhhhhh, in your next installment I know what you found...:thumbsup2

that's funny about goofy! i do agree about the LTT lunch menu - looks yummy! me and erica are thinking of maybe just stopping in just to get that toffey dessert in september! and you're not getting too personal! it's hard to offend me. :laughing: we are talking about having a kid but i'm waiting to get assigned to my own judge first so my income is more dependable. i make decent money now but none of it's guaranteed and that's just too scary for me when someone else will be depending on me for money.

Great update....love the LTT pics :thumbsup2

Did you get to ride on Cindy's horse??!!!???!!!???!!:yay: :woohoo: :yay:

I want to try and do that too princess: , I can't think of the last time I was on the carousel

i'm not telling about the horse. you'll have to wait and see. popcorn:: you can have cindy's horse if we get a chance to beat someone else to it! i don't mind letting you have it. i love cinderella but not like you do!

Hey, where in CT? I'm just outside of Hartford! Small world...;)

actually, i think she's somewhere close to hartford. i don't know where yet (neither does she - she's apartment hunting now) but i know she flies in to hartford.

:worship: :worship: :worship: Can't wait to see the pictures of the figurines and love the thought that they may go one day in your baby's room. :hug:

thanks! i'm a little ahead of myself considering i'm still on birth control pills! :rotfl2:

LTT looks like fun. Based on several trip reports recently I'd been thinking of trying it. Sad to hear the character meals are going away.

it was good. the characters were awesome, the food just good in my opinion. except that roast beef - it was REALLY good!

Awesome storm pictures and those fireworks look better than what my town put together. Score one for Connecticut... don't tell your sis.

:laughing: i won't! the good news is you guys are relatively close to major cities (boston, new york) so it's not far to see a huge show if you wanted to. i prefer to stay at home!

Great update Dawn!!!

I have never seen the giant before!!! So cool!!:cool1:

That's stinks about LTT. We have never ate there!:confused3

thanks! yeah, that giant is cool - look for him in sir mickey's!

LTT is great as far as characters go, but the food isn't something that you CANNOT miss or anything....standard thanksgiving-type food IMO.

I love Disney tickets! The designs are so cute!

i thought so too!!! :goodvibes

I'm glad we're getting LTT in at Thanksgiving then, if they're doing away with characters. We're mostly doing it for that and the holiday atmosphere, and we'd be less likely to do it with no characters.

Great pictures!

my thoughts exactly. i mean, the food wasn't BAD, but it just wasn't something i'd return for without the characters.

ooooh i cant wait for my trip....were planning in September to go to Disney, we are going there in October for my sisters wedding, and then my friend from Chicago is coming in December and we are gonna go to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party...I cant wait.

I love your pics, I need to actually sit in main street and appreciate the scenery, I never do cause im always soo busy trying to get on all the rides with my family. Definitly next time, im gonna sit and watch around Main Street.

The Giant in the store looks soo cool...what store was that again.
I love the "height" marks for Wendy, Michael, and john...soo cute...gotta check that out when I go again.

I had a feeling that clue was a character with brown hands, but for some reason I never thought about Chip and Dale. lol...your next clue must be from the carousel, right?? lol.

Hope you had a great 4th of july, those fireworks look beautiful. Im really sad there wont be anymore character dining, im gonna have to check that out :(.

Cant wait for the next installment :) see ya soon.

3 trips coming up???? that's awesome! you will definitely need to take your time on main street if you've got 3 trips to do it in! that giant is in sir mickey's. it's a store right across from tink's treasures behind the castle. and yes, the next clue is on carousel, but that's all i'm gonna say! :laughing:

Hi,Dawn.:goodvibes Wanted to let you know I am here reading.:surfweb: I have finished day 1 and am loving it.Especailly the video of the teacups.:rotfl2: Rachel watched it with me and she says hi.:goodvibes

thanks for coming over, amy! it's so good to see you. awwwwww.....tell rachel i said hello, as well!!! is she still keeping you laughing? crazy girl! take your time with reading - no rush! :goodvibes

haha...I was thinking the same thing!! I have a long weekend in October and was like "Instead of going to the conference in Halifax we should go to disney for a short weekend trip!! :lovestruc Sadly, I have a feeling it won't happen :confused: (only becase airfare is like $1000-1200 for 2!!)

$1200???? wow!!! that's crazy. we're so lucky we can drive!

whree is this place located, never have seen or heard about it...but those dogs look really good.

i finally finished catching up again...loved all of the updates...great pics, great stories.

we really like Liberty Tree we are going to try and do a walk in, since they said they did not have any ADRs for that restaurant the day we were going there.

oh well, if not we will just try another CS that we hav enot eaten at yet.

waiting for more.

:goodvibes

casey's corner is on main street. if your back is to the castle and facing the train station, it's the first store (or restaurant) on the right. in this picture, it's the first one on the right. i think there are coca-cola signs on either side of the sign, just so you can pick out the sign.

DSC04554.jpg

there is a very small inside seating area and an outside seating area near the water with covered tables. the ducks drive people crazy at the outside seating area! anyway, really good place to get a hot dog......my DH loves it!

good luck on your walk-in at LTT. i bet you could get in for lunch if you don't have any luck with dinner. plus people cancel last-minute. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter