Our New York Friends.........

On the phone with my SIL in NY. Things are unbelievable. I have confirmed all my NYC relatives are OK, but trapped in different parts of Manhattan.

DH and one brother are in Northern VA at work, near the Pentagon. Also OK.

LJC1861 I've been trying to call you, please let us know you are okay!

Thank you to those who have checked in. I'm so glad you are alright. My prayers are with everyone.
Kim

It has been an amazing heartbreaking, shocking and sad day here in NYC. It is almost bizarre in that is a quintessentially beautiful day here---the sky is blue with not a cloud in it, until you look south that is........

Now all you see on the southern tip of Manhattan is a thick cloud of black smoke.

I live about a mile north of the disaster site and things are fine here. There is no smoke and no damage. The streets are mostly closed as are most businesses. People are wandering around with dazed expressions on their faces. Total strangers are offering words of comfort and support to one another. I have seen things here today that I have never seen before. People stopping to offer assistance of all sorts, including giving away subway tokens to facilitate people getting home quickly.

I was unfortunate enough to see it all happen live. I work in Brooklyn near the East River and can see the WTC from where I work. We were bringing our students into the building this morning when we heard a really loud BOOM!! We saw smoke instantly. We walked to the corner and there it was...flames shooting from the WTC. As we stood there watching we saw the second plane circle the buildings and crash into the second building which instantly exploded. Words cannot even begin to describe what was running through my head and heart right then. I knew I needed to keep myself calm or my mentally retarded students would not be able to remain calm

We played games and tried to redirect conversation away from the horror outside all day. For the most part it worked and we dismissed as early as we could to insure that our students would get home safe.

that is all I can report right now. I am exhausted and need to relax a little. Thank you all for you numerous e-mails, thoughts and prayers. We are truly a family here on the DIS and it does make a difference.......

Linda

....thanks so much for the post, tragic as it is, and for your quick email response........the kids and I were worried. We'll email again later........talk with you soon.......

Take care,

Christy

Hi everyone just wanted to let u know that im my family and me are fine however thanks for thinking of us all

Ryan

My family and my self are alright. I consider myself very lucky I was only two blocks away from the Towers only 45 minutes before. I had reached work only to witness the horror of two planes slamming into both towers of the World Trade Center. I've seen, heard and felt the collapse of both towers. These images are burned into my mind forever. I will not censor my self in my anger of these filthy animals. They attacked my city, they attacked my state, and they attacked my country. They put my family friends and loved ones in mortal danger. These so called people and the countries that harbor them should be blown off the face of the earth, because the only good terrorist is a Dead terrorist.

An eye for an eye,

Larry (Proud New Yorker)

Chris & Janet (Sqt. Slovak (sp?) & Mrs. Stg. Slovak) are still in California visiting his parents. Thought you might want to know why they aren't checking in.

Larry,
I looked earlier this morning and noticed you still hadn't checked in. I'm glad you are alright. My prayers are with everyone... those who survived, those who lost there lives and those who are yet to be found.
Kim

It is great to see that Linda, Larry and Sgt. Slovak and your families are all OK. I agree that anyone found responsible either for the act or for allowing this slime (sorry they are NOT people and animals only kill to eat or defend themselves) to stay on their soil should be dealt with in a way that would make anyone else think THREE times before they even consider something like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter