Our May 2016 Trip - Where to stay?

DaniLovesDisney

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I am trying to decide which resort to book for our May 2016 trip, but having a hard time deciding based on all of the upgrades, construction, bus schedules, etc. I think we can consider ourselves veterans of Disney at this point and have stayed in all hotel categories thus far -- preferring Moderate and Deluxe hotels when possible. At the time of travel, we'll have a 6 year old son and a 9 month old daughter. Here are the options we have and the pros/cons we've discussed -- any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Top Choice - Wilderness Lodge
Pros - Do I really need to list them? :) We've wanted to stay here for years, but every time we go to book, construction is happening or something else gets in our way.
Cons - Construction! Even if the construction isn't distracting to some, we are of the mindset that if we are paying this much for a vacation, it better be pretty near perfect.

Runner Up - Caribbean Beach
Pros - Refurbished rooms, pool
Cons - I've heard the bus service is awful -- we try to avoid resorts with multiple bus stops -- Is the bus service as bad as I've read?

Runner Up - Coronado Springs
Pros - Theme, pool, etc.
Cons - Not as kid-friendly?

Of those, I've only had experience with Wilderness Lodge. Stayed there once and can't wait to try it again sometime. It is my favorite of all the places I've stayed at thus far. I don't know if construction will have that much of a negative impact on your stay honestly. In my experience with other resorts under construction that I've stayed at, it was never that big of a deal.

I've never stayed at WL, but CSR and CBR are great! I think if pool time is important to you, I'd choose CBR for the zero entry and splash pad area. It would be easier to manage both your kids in the water.

If not, CSR is wonderful. The buses are reportedly the best and they have a great pool, hot tub, and playground.

We've stayed at both CBR and wl and will be staying at car in September. I can tell you from our experience at CBR that no contraction in the world would stop us from going to wl if it were between those two resorts. I suggest you try if you haven't already and the theming ales to you. I actually enjoyed it over our BC trip. I don't know much about car but will fill you in come September. I'm assuming all resorts will have children. I have a friend that only stays at old key west and has never mentioned there not being any kids around and that would be a resort I'd assume would have mostly adults. Good luck with your decision. I say go wl all the way! Only reson we aren't is because we has another expense this summer so trying to cut costs plus want to try something different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter