Our magical 10th Annivesary at AKL - June 2 - 8, 2006

I just finished your report, and I just can't get over the amount of planning and thought you put into this trip for your wife!! I have left it "open" on the computer, and told my dh about it, hoping he might get some ideas for our next BIG anniversary!

I really loved your report!

Wow Bob thanks for the great read. It sounds like you both had a wonderful time. The details were great and I learned a lot about what you can do during a trip.

Does Susan mention going back to WDW? I was sorry to read that you went through such a post Disney funk- that really does stink.

Thank you for taking time to write and for sharing such beautiful pictures.

pooksma said:
Yes she did-hoping you'll take a FEW hints since our trip will start the day after our 12th anniversary. :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Heheheh, sounds like you guys are a real fun couple and I'm sure that whatever you plan, it will be great!

Bob

averill94 said:
Wow Bob thanks for the great read. It sounds like you both had a wonderful time. The details were great and I learned a lot about what you can do during a trip.

Does Susan mention going back to WDW? I was sorry to read that you went through such a post Disney funk- that really does stink.

Thank you for taking time to write and for sharing such beautiful pictures.

Yes, she does.. although when she mentions it she implies a little further into the future than I would want. I might just have to work up a little mini-vacation surprise for one of the low-crowd time frames in the near future, just to see if I can pull off another shocker for her!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by post-Disney funk, though. I know our last day at the resort wasn't really great... the general CM attitude was pretty well "less-than-magical".. but I had read about other folks having that opinion and was kind of ready for it. Besides, we had such a great time (generally) the rest of the week, it really didn't phase me all that much. I just included my observations to insure that I was fair to the reader by being complete and not hiding the not-so-nice parts (as I have seen many others do in their reports).

Bob

cjhinch said:
I just finished your report, and I just can't get over the amount of planning and thought you put into this trip for your wife!! I have left it "open" on the computer, and told my dh about it, hoping he might get some ideas for our next BIG anniversary!

I really loved your report!

Hey, a fellow hillbilly! (raised in South Charleston) Please feel free to have your better half PM me if they would like some more detail on things. I've gotten several requests now for more specifics on various facets of the trip (prices, available times, etc.) and really enjoy helping out in planning!

Bob

Bob,
That has got to be the best planned, most romantic, thoughtful, indulgent (in a good way) trip I have ever come across. What blew me away was the obvious devotion you have for Susan after 20 years together and how nothing was too much for you to do for her. You graciously remembered names of all who helped you and thanked them, and it was truly a schedule to be envied. I wanted to thank you sincerely for the time you must have invested in writing this and I will be sure to check your site often for more photos/detail. may your love last eternal :cloud9:

AKLGoofy said:
Heheheh, sounds like you guys are a real fun couple and I'm sure that whatever you plan, it will be great!

Bob

Now look what you have done!!

You would think that a trip to the world for our tenth anniversary and another for our 12th would be enough but now she wants what Susan got.

Thanks again Bob! :teeth:

I am subscribing.....what an awesome report so far!!!! My kids booted me off the computer before I could finished reading.......need to come back

Wow!
I think your report is great. Susan is a lucky girl, and you are lucky to have found such love in your heart for someone!
Enjoy South Dakota! :sunny:

Bob-
Thanks for the great report! I started it before work and had to wait 9 hours until I could come home and finish it. I am heading to bed now where I plan to tell my fiance all about the awesome things you did for Susan. Thanks again! :wave:

fizz13 said:
Bob,
That has got to be the best planned, most romantic, thoughtful, indulgent (in a good way) trip I have ever come across. What blew me away was the obvious devotion you have for Susan after 20 years together and how nothing was too much for you to do for her. You graciously remembered names of all who helped you and thanked them, and it was truly a schedule to be envied. I wanted to thank you sincerely for the time you must have invested in writing this and I will be sure to check your site often for more photos/detail. may your love last eternal :cloud9:

Thank you kindly for these words. As I mentioned in my report, I'm just positive that wondering what the next great "surprise" is going to be is all that keeps her from killing me in my sleep at times, though! :teeth:

Bob

declansdad said:
Now look what you have done!!

You would think that a trip to the world for our tenth anniversary and another for our 12th would be enough but now she wants what Susan got.

Thanks again Bob! :teeth:

DOH! Sorry about that guy! But really, all it takes is some planning... and a large duffle bag of 10's and 20's :teeth:

Bob

Eventer98 said:
Bob-
Thanks for the great report! I started it before work and had to wait 9 hours until I could come home and finish it. I am heading to bed now where I plan to tell my fiance all about the awesome things you did for Susan. Thanks again! :wave:

Fiancee, eh? Well, at least he has 10 years to plan! Thank you kindly for the compliment.

Bob

We are now accepting donations for the "Create an Anniversary Trip" Foundations. It will be set up to create anniversary trips to WDW fashioned after AKLGoofy's 10th anniversary trip. We are hoping that Bob will agree to be honourary chairperson of the foundation and offer trip planning advice to anniversary-planning challenged husbands all over the world. Large duffle bags of 10s and 20s would be appreciated.

declansdad said:
We are now accepting donations for the "Create an Anniversary Trip" Foundations. It will be set up to create anniversary trips to WDW fashioned after AKLGoofy's 10th anniversary trip. We are hoping that Bob will agree to be honourary chairperson of the foundation and offer trip planning advice to anniversary-planning challenged husbands all over the world. Large duffle bags of 10s and 20s would be appreciated.

Hahahah! I actually laughed out loud! I will be more than happy to donate my services to any individual (male OR female) who would like assistance. Although I am by no means an expert like some of the folks on here, just give me a budget, areas of interest, number of days you have to work with and the time frame and I'll do my best! Only requirement is that you stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge... .while I haven't stayed anywhere else but the Carribean Beach Resort (15 years ago), from all my reading I couldn't imagine a better place to stay for adults in general or animal lovers specifically.

After all guys, you KNOW they LOVE animals and, while it might not be a new puppy, standing on the balcony late at night watching the giraffes bed down certainly melted Susan in place... from that moment on I was golden!

Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter