Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

One week from today!! :dance3:

Sorry about dd! We have all been through it! It should help to know you are not alone:goodvibes

One week !!!! Lucky you! And me too! (Dd coming home from college for the weekend) I miss her so much I have a 7 presents for her lol!

So it was recommended I join you guys here. lol.

We are planning a trip for next September and so far I have booked the poly and the CR. But am feeling I might change to gF. how does everyone finally decide where to stay?????? AKL was a consideration too. :rotfl2:

:welcome: You will love it here! But, this group can be somewhat enabling in the resort changing, so be prepared. :rotfl2:

I'm sure that with our help, you'll find the perfect resort for your trip! :goodvibes

Sorry about dd! We have all been through it! It should help to know you are not alone:goodvibes

One week !!!! Lucky you! And me too! (Dd coming home from college for the weekend) I miss her so much I have a 7 presents for her lol!

Sometimes parenting can be so darn hard...:faint:

But, today is a new day and we are all feeling good about DD6 decision. Her gymnastics instructor emailed us this morning and is on board with the plan, so forward we go. :goodvibes

One week from today!! :dance3:

1 Week! :cheer2:

We are planning a trip for next September and so far I have booked the poly and the CR. But am feeling I might change to gF. how does everyone finally decide where to stay?????? AKL was a consideration too. :rotfl2:

:welcome:

I think with me at some point it all just clicks I to place and I am content with my plans. I started out at the Poly, changed to BWI and am now at AKL. I am excited for Bob to see AKL since I fell in love with the resort when I stayed there without him plus now I've grown to like the idea of a more laid back trip.

I love BWI but being in there makes me want to go go go when this old body is screaming sit stay relax :rotfl2:

I really like the looks of GF, dream of staying at CR and BLT and the Poly so I can not be much help.

Good morning! Checking in with all of my favorite gals. :grouphug:

Well -- I am a resort changer after all, lol - I made a change to my reservation. I am not staying at Pop now after all. I decided it would be nice to not have to change resorts 2 days in a row -- I am now booked at POR in a pool view Royal Room for Dec 3 and 4th (sharing a room with Rosie) then I move to French Quarter (with Christine) for Dec 5-9. So only 2 resorts for my trip now! And one easy changeover on the 4th. I'm very excited to be trying both sides of POR, and can't wait to stay in a royal room

Oh, YAY! Can't wait to hear your reviews of POFQ. It's such a nice little resort, easy to walk around. :goodvibes

miss e I got GTA V and The Last Of Us. Daniel got Animal Crossing for his DS. What were you looking for that was sold out? I may pick up something extra when I go to pick them up tonight.

Aww, you rock. :hug: Thanks for the offer (sorry I didn't read it in time. :upsidedow My bank account is happy I didn't see your post until this morning though. :rotfl: ) How was GTA V last night?? :hyper:

I'm still on the hunt for a deal on Diablo III for Xbox since they were out of stock for In Store Pickup; I was totally being a cheap a** yesterday by refusing to pay for shipping. :blush: This is what Amazon Prime has turned me into. :rotfl2: We've been wanting a co-op game like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for aaaaages.

Ok....here goes....DD6 wants to quit gymnastics.

Y'all came to a very nice compromise. :hug: This parentin' stuff is hard work.

Miss I very well may have missed Jiko too I had planned on at some point planning a non park trip and staying at AKL. As of now I have arrival day just hang at the resort. Monday Epcot for F&W. Tues am resort then MK BOG and Dessert Party. Wed, Thurs and Fri no definate park plans yet we do have 5 day tickets so I hate to waste those, we will probably go back to Epcot and maybe DHS and AK( we skipped last 2 trips) if Bob wants to be a lump on a log fine with me I plan on playing with my new camera a lot, he can find a spot and park his butt

Will you be sharing some pics from your new camera with us?? popcorn:: I love your plans so far. We'll be saving Epcot for the weekdays too. The sounds of the weekend crowds have me a bit :crazy2:

Sheila: They are counting down already, and little DD4 must have said thank you to me 5 times today. So cute.

She is so flippin' CUTE. princess:

Miss: Well, Shawn didn't make it to the big show, but they are keeping him on the farm team Hartford. So it is still good news. Kailey is doing ok, she gets very annoyed at the "space boot" though and the crutches are chaffing her little armpits.

That is good news for your cousin. Good things are in store for him. ::yes::

Awww, "space boot" ... poor thing! Has she gussied it up with stickers at all? Is there anything she can wrap around the top of the crutches? (I'm clueless on all these things. Never used crutches before. Let me find some wood to knock on...) :hug:

SO....did you look at him?? I don't usually droll over other men, only ever had a weakness for Andy Garcia :rolleyes: but he is one good looking man!!

Andy Garcia! You TOO?! :lmao: Let me just tell ya, one of my favorite movies ever was The Untouchables... and it certainly wasn't for Kevin Costner. :rotfl:

And yes it is going to be a long stretch, but I am sure it will go fast.

How many days now, mommy?!

We are planning a trip for next September and so far I have booked the poly and the CR. But am feeling I might change to gF. how does everyone finally decide where to stay?????? AKL was a consideration too.

Welcome! :wave2: I just love reading review and looking at pictures of the resort and rooms. And talking to the lovely and knowledgeable ladies here, of course. Then changing a couple-few times and then just going and finding out for ourselves. Never thought I'd like BC as much as we do... or YC, AKL and POR for that matter. I fear we like TOO many resorts. :scared:

Sorry about dd! We have all been through it! It should help to know you are not alone

Ah, that's going to be so NICE to have her back home for a bit. And she's getting lots of surprises from mom, too. :thumbsup2

Hi RC Buddies,
Just a quick hello now. I know I always say I'll be more organized, but...let's just say I gotta get a few more things done on my to do list today.
Candace and Melissa, bet you are busy, too. :goodvibes

I promise a multi-quote in the morning when I'm having my coffee.
Sending hugs and happy weekend wishes to you all! :grouphug:

Hi all

Just after a little bit of advice really. I am looking to book our 2014 trip and initially I would have been really happy to go for POFQ, however it works out cheaper to stay at either SSR or OKW. So I picked SSR as I have never stayed there before and I preferred the interior. However I am leaning back towards OKW again. We stayed there in 2010 and I really liked it, very relaxed, nice restaurant and loved the boat to DTD but I didn't like the interior of the studio we had, I thought it was very dated so I have been swaying back and forth between the two.

Roll on to tonight and now I am thinking about AKL even though it is a tad out of my budget. I think is it worth booking AKL if I can't afford a Savannah room and the location of AKL puts me off. I do love all the restaurants there though.

So a bit about us, we are two adults and one 2 year old, stayed at POFQ, CBR, GF and OKW, visited all the resorts too. I did like WL but stayed at Sequoia Lodge in Disneyland Paris this month so don't feel the need to stay at WL anymore.

So can someone help me stick to a hotel and not change like I always do????:lmao: I must say I am getting a bit fed up of second guessing my choice all the time. My husband thinks I am nuts and never asks me where we are staying until we get there. Last time I booked SSR initially, but changed to OKW, then back to SSR, then back to OKW again, it became quite embarrassing to make the phone call to Disney and I started making up excuses as to why I had to change LOL. I think that is when you know you have a problem...

Is there anything new at OKW, like the rooms getting renovated that might make me want to stay there for definite?

Hi summer Caitlin! :welcome:Welcome! While I cannot offer any advice on OKW as we have not stayed there, I just wanted to say don't feel bad about switching! We are all in the same boat here and cannot make up our minds either!

I know one of us will be able to offer some help on OKW though....:goodvibes

AKL sounds great though!:stir: LOL!

Jen

Whoa! Last spot on page 1! Almost fell to page 2! :crazy2:

This time next week, I will hopefully be meeting up with Melissa at AK!!!! :hyper:

Hi RCers,
It’s time for me to catch up with what’s new on the thread.
Janet and Pas-Waving hi! :wave: Know you both are busy ladies, thinking of you! :goodvibes

Jenny-Congrats to your cousin! I made a note of his name and team. We’ll watch for him on TV! :cool1:
Your kids must be so excited now that they know a Disney trip is being planned!! :cheer2:

MM-You’ll laugh at this. I spent all the time I was sorting laundry trying to remember what S.D.D. was. :laughing: It finally came to me. Congrats!!:yay:

Melissa, GG, Trish, Magic, SueM and Dani-It’s always lots of fun to follow along with your trip plans.:cheer2:

Koh-What your Dh said was very sweet. It’s always nice to be appreciated.:goodvibes

Marie-I am so happy for you! Your December trip is going to wonderful!!:dance3:

Sjs314-I think you guys will love AKL. If you can work it into your schedule, you’ll love Jiko. The food is fabulous, and the service is very, very nice. Great date night!:goodvibes

Miss-I think your happy dance is lovely! It’s not Elaine-like in any way! Thank you for your sweet wishes. We are so looking forward to this trip.:goodvibes

=================
Now it's time for me to get back to laundry:laundy: and packing. I can't believe our trip is almost here! :dance3::dance3:

Hi summer Caitlin! :welcome:Welcome! While I cannot offer any advice on OKW as we have not stayed there, I just wanted to say don't feel bad about switching! We are all in the same boat here and cannot make up our minds either!

I know one of us will be able to offer some help on OKW though....:goodvibes

AKL sounds great though!:stir: LOL!

Jen

Lol my husband has said he would prefer to try a different hotel this time so that leaves SSR and AKL still in the running, I think all the rest of them are much more expensive. What is drawing me to AKL is the theming and I personally feel the non DVC resorts have more of a Disney magic. However I would miss that boat from DTD to SSR/OKW...hmmm

Wow quiet over here this weekend! :scratchin Just popping in to say hope you are all having a good weekend!!

Ginny, Melissa and Candace: Dancing for you all!!:cool1::banana::dance3::dancer:

Hi everyone! Been down with a nasty cold the last few days. Just went to the walk-in clinic because I was just getting worse and I cannot be sick in Disney next weekend :) Hopefully the antibiotics and steroids will do the trick! I definitely don't want to spread any yucky germs to Ginny or Candace next weekend!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Lol my husband has said he would prefer to try a different hotel this time so that leaves SSR and AKL still in the running, I think all the rest of them are much more expensive. What is drawing me to AKL is the theming and I personally feel the non DVC resorts have more of a Disney magic. However I would miss that boat from DTD to SSR/OKW...hmmm

Ive never stayed DVC, but have 2 stays at AKL, and it was nice. Did both pool view and savanna view. Although savanna view is for sure better, we also enjoyed the pool view. Bus service was good.

We love the boat ride to DTD too, and i just booked POFQ for january. So far with AAA discount, POFQ has a better discount then POR. I'll re-evaluate once AP discounts come out. May switch to POR. :confused3

Hi everyone! Been down with a nasty cold the last few days. Just went to the walk-in clinic because I was just getting worse and I cannot be sick in Disney next weekend :) Hopefully the antibiotics and steroids will do the trick! I definitely don't want to spread any yucky germs to Ginny or Candace next weekend!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

:sick: Hope you feel better soon!!! :grouphug:

Hi everyone! :)

Well -- I am a resort changer after all, lol - I made a change to my reservation. I am not staying at Pop now after all. I decided it would be nice to not have to change resorts 2 days in a row -- I am now booked at POR in a pool view Royal Room for Dec 3 and 4th (sharing a room with Rosie) then I move to French Quarter (with Christine) for Dec 5-9. So only 2 resorts for my trip now! And one easy changeover on the 4th. I'm very excited to be trying both sides of POR, and can't wait to stay in a royal room :)

Id like to see those Royal Rooms too! J just booked POFQ GV room view for January trip cause it has the better CAA discount. 20% But will see when AP rates come out. If they are decent I may ch-ch-change :laughing:

After our Aug spurge trip with GF & YC i think I need to make Jan. a budget trip. Not to mention our house renovations :scared1:

Hi Ladies!

Just wanted to tell you all...I was able to just reserve a FP+ lunch time for BOG on Nov 20! It is so neat, but strange because we have not been offered FP+ yet.:confused3 But hey, maybe it is a good sign it will happen soon. Anyone else try? I will try and post the link to it.

Here it is:

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

Hi Ladies!

Just wanted to tell you all...I was able to just reserve a FP+ lunch time for BOG on Nov 20! It is so neat, but strange because we have not been offered FP+ yet.:confused3 But hey, maybe it is a good sign it will happen soon. Anyone else try? I will try and post the link to it.

Here it is:

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

jenny Congrates on the BOG FP no luck here all I get is the screen guest already registered to say I am upset is putting it mildly. I tried every thing even making a new account. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter