Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Hey everybody! We checked into the BC today and it has been less than magical. The resort itself is perfect but the last time we were here was 4 days before my mom passed. The boys have been a bubbling mess of tears pointing out everything they did together and how they spent their last moments with her here :(

I asked to move to YC but they are full tonight. They are going to check again in the morning. Wish us luck.

I really want to love it here but it is just too hard. I screwed up big time. Ugh. Miss you all and I'm reading along when I can :)

I Heart, Sending big hugs to you. :hug: Those feelings can hit when you least expect it, it just happens. I hope they are able to move you tomorrow. If not YC, would BWI be something you'd consider? Thinking of you, and hoping tomorrow is much better. :flower3:

Thinking of you and your fam, I_Heart. ♥ to you guys. Still out here on vacation, just back at my parents' house. Proper reply soon! :grouphug:

Hey everybody! We checked into the BC today and it has been less than magical. The resort itself is perfect but the last time we were here was 4 days before my mom passed. The boys have been a bubbling mess of tears pointing out everything they did together and how they spent their last moments with her here :(

I asked to move to YC but they are full tonight. They are going to check again in the morning. Wish us luck.

I really want to love it here but it is just too hard. I screwed up big time. Ugh. Miss you all and I'm reading along when I can :)

Completely understandable I'd say...hopefully you can get moved to YC or somewhere else so you can make more magical memories...

We are home...got in about 1am. Went to Prompt Care this am for a z pack...some sort of bronchial infection...it was not a fun trip home to say the least...

It was a good vacation. The Poly was great. Probably a bit longer in some respects than necessary, but also not long enough...I would propose some sort of WDW/beach split next time I think...

So sorry I haven't been posting, I have been following! Iheart: I am so sorry your family is hurting, I can't imagine the different emotions that are going on. I hope they can move you tomorrow, or at least tomorrow is a better day. Many hugs being sent your way.:hug:

Koh so sorry to hear you are sick now! :hug:to you too!

Hi to everyone else, will check back in soon.:flower3:

Jen

:hug: I'm sorry y'all are having a hard time.

You are so right, Original House is sooo much better then IHOP. Love the Apple Pancake, daughter & I shared one. And had a side of sausage patties which were pretty good too!

I can't remember the name of the meal, but I always get the one with like 6 strips of bacon.

My daughter is talking about going back to Cracker Barrel for more candy, lol! She ate her Pecan Log already!

I always end up with a bunch of the candy sticks in orange and watermelon.

I hope the little boy will be ok. Good thing she had the parents pick him up right away. Poor little guy.

My friend texted me and said that he would be back to her day care on Tuesday. We just have to keep an eye on him, make sure he takes it easy, and that other kids don't hit his head.

We are home...got in about 1am. Went to Prompt Care this am for a z pack...some sort of bronchial infection...it was not a fun trip home to say the least...

It was a good vacation. The Poly was great. Probably a bit longer in some respects than necessary, but also not long enough...I would propose some sort of WDW/beach split next time I think...

I'm sorry your sick, get better soon.

Right now I'm trying to convince the DH that I need a new camera before our WDW trip, even though he says I can buy one after I get back with my day care money. I just want it for the trip. I have decided on the Nikon D3200 because I love the feature where it can connect to your smart phone through an app.

:welcome: Home Sorry your not well, hope you feel better soon. :hug:

:hug: I'm sorry y'all are having a hard time.

I can't remember the name of the meal, but I always get the one with like 6 strips of bacon.

I always end up with a bunch of the candy sticks in orange and watermelon.

My friend texted me and said that he would be back to her day care on Tuesday. We just have to keep an eye on him, make sure he takes it easy, and that other kids don't hit his head.

I'm sorry your sick, get better soon.

Right now I'm trying to convince the DH that I need a new camera before our WDW trip, even though he says I can buy one after I get back with my day care money. I just want it for the trip. I have decided on the Nikon D3200 because I love the feature where it can connect to your smart phone through an app.

That sounds like a nice feature I hope your DH comes around and you get the camera before your trip! pixiedust:

i_heart- Hopefully today will be a better day. And honestly, this will probably be good and healing for everyone. Everyone will be able to deal with their feelings about your mom, and hopefully be able to move forward making happy new memories. Big hugs to you!!! :hug:

The only problem is that the DH is refusing to go back to WDW in a really really long time, if ever.
Let's leave the hubbers home...I will gladly go with you and the boys!! We've got plently of Grannies that will join, heck Grand Villa here we come :hug:
The Special Offer site is giving me Fits this Morning messing up my daily ritual of checking to see if the much coveted Dxl Room is available yet for my dates. I don't know why I keep checking since I really need to not spend the additional money, it is just I want my BW View Guarenteed
I hope you get the BWV Sheila pixiedust: I've been on Orbitz and I could get a SV BWI room for under $300, KILLING ME!!!!

Bob could not run over in his Jammie's as he does not wear any and if he went in just a robe with those hairy legs there would be a scene straight out of the Blob with guests running from the Lounge
:rotfl2:

Hello ladies! Checking in from the wonderful east coast. Heading off to the concert in a bit. Just wanted to share a little indulgence we absolutely had to treat ourselves to... reminded me of a conversation we had on here with our Sarah.
:grouphug:

Our first time at Cracker Barrel was fun. I had pecan crusted catfish. DD had the chicken fried steak. We did some retail therapy there, :rotfl: I bought some of the plastic coated shopping bags. I figured they'd be good to put my groceries in to check in Bell Services. Our first day I'll still have the rental car so will grocery shop for breakfast stuff, juice, wine :goodvibes and maybe a box of Bacardi Breezers! I plan on dropping them off at YC Bell Service to hold till our check in, so less stuff to move from GF. After GF check out we will cab it with our luggage to YC. I'm also doing a grocery shop for my friend who is meeting me at YC, checking in a few days later.

Today we did a Costco shop to re-supply mom with essentials. Then had a visit..
Met my cousin for lunch at my fav Original House of pancakes, not to be confused with IHOP!
Then we headed to the beach for the afternoon. The Ocean has been so rough since we arrived. I like it better when it's calm, and I can float around on my noodle ::yes::
But the weather has been great!
Loving the live report Sue!!!

Hey Sue!
Sounds like a great start to your trip! That is the AP car/refrigerator magnets. They are slowly mailing them out to pass holders.
:wave2: Like Sue, I also thought I was on the BC. Welcome to our neck of the DISwoods:goodvibes

The friend, that I am working for her in home day care, texted me yesterday to call her ASAP. On Friday one of the boys she takes care of (he's 4 years old), kept complaining of his head hurting. He was in enough pain that he kept crying, so my friend had his mom pick him up early. His parents took him to the doctor and it turns out he has a Arachnoid Cyst.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Pray he is okay!!!

You didn't screw up! You can't anticipate how hard those feelings will hit my dear. I hope today is a better day...:hug"

Oh no you did not screw up! Tears are good for healing. You are having a different kind of magical time... But still good family memories are being made.
:thumbsup2

I Heart, Sending big hugs to you. :hug: Those feelings can hit when you least expect it, it just happens. I hope they are able to move you tomorrow. If not YC, would BWI be something you'd consider? Thinking of you, and hoping tomorrow is much better. :flower3:

Hope you feel better Krystal :hug:

So sorry I haven't been posting, I have been following! Iheart: I am so sorry your family is hurting, I can't imagine the different emotions that are going on. I hope they can move you tomorrow, or at least tomorrow is a better day. Many hugs being sent your way.:hug:

Koh so sorry to hear you are sick now! :hug:to you too!

Hi to everyone else, will check back in soon.:flower3:

Jen
Miss you Jen :hug:

I have been following along, miss you ladies...news on my job interview. It went great, I am trying to really decide if its a good time to make a move. At my hospital things are very negative and the place makes me angry. I am constantly battling with the charge nurses and its just not the same. I am one to fight and stand up for the right thing..unfortunately it makes me a target. I work with a few fantastic peeps who are friends. BUT, I have to think of me...MORE money and better hours means more times with my family. Believe it or not I HATE changing (jobs at least) I am off tomorrow so Brian and I will chat about it. Keep up all the good work my lovely family :grouphug:

I have been following along, miss you ladies...news on my job interview. It went great, I am trying to really decide if its a good time to make a move. At my hospital things are very negative and the place makes me angry. I am constantly battling with the charge nurses and its just not the same. I am one to fight and stand up for the right thing..unfortunately it makes me a target. I work with a few fantastic peeps who are friends. BUT, I have to think of me...MORE money and better hours means more times with my family. Believe it or not I HATE changing (jobs at least) I am off tomorrow so Brian and I will chat about it. Keep up all the good work my lovely family :grouphug:

I have made career moves in my lifetime and sometimes you just have to take the plunge. However if not ready keep looking maybe next time!

Leave for airport at 3:15am tonight/tomorrow.

First stop MK and dd favorite Tomorrow Land! Followed by Haunted mansion:thumbsup2

I have made career moves in my lifetime and sometimes you just have to take the plunge. However if not ready keep looking maybe next time!

First stop MK and dd favorite Tomorrow Land! Followed by Haunted mansion:thumbsup2

Thank you :hug: I will keep you posted!

Safe travels :goodvibes SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!pixiedust:

So sorry. Hope things are better this morning. :hug:

Let's leave the hubbers home...I will gladly go with you and the boys!! We've got plently of Grannies that will join, heck Grand Villa here we come :hug:
I hope you get the BWV Sheila pixiedust: I've been on Orbitz and I could get a SV BWI room for under $300, KILLING ME!!!!

:rotfl2:

:grouphug:

Loving the live report Sue!!!

:wave2: Like Sue, I also thought I was on the BC. Welcome to our neck of the DISwoods:goodvibes

Pray he is okay!!!

You didn't screw up! You can't anticipate how hard those feelings will hit my dear. I hope today is a better day...:hug"

:thumbsup2

Hope you feel better Krystal :hug:

Miss you Jen :hug:

Jeanette Family/kids come first coupled with more $ and better hours sounds very positive. I know what you mean about changeing jobs it can be very stressful but if the Hospital surroundings is negative that must be causing a lot of stress too. You'll figure out what is best :hug:

Safe Travels!

letthewookiewin said:
The friend, that I am working for her in home day care, texted me yesterday to call her ASAP. On Friday one of the boys she takes care of (he's 4 years old), kept complaining of his head hurting. He was in enough pain that he kept crying, so my friend had his mom pick him up early. His parents took him to the doctor and it turns out he has a Arachnoid Cyst.

Glad to hear the little boy is doing fine!!!

i_heart_the_mouse said:

I'm sorry to hear that. You didn't screw up, you just picked the resort you love!! Try to think of the good times you had there with her and smile. Afterall, I'm sure she's there with you in spirit. :)

When we went to WDW in 2008 it was my first time back since my mom had passed away so I was an emotional wreck because I have so many memories of so many trips there with my mom.

I'm sure it would be a little easier if you could move to YC, hopefully they can move you!

Sue M said:
You are so right, Original House is sooo much better then IHOP. Love the Apple Pancake, daughter & I shared one. And had a side of sausage patties which were pretty good too!

My daughter is talking about going back to Cracker Barrel for more candy, lol! She ate her Pecan Log already!

That Original House place sounds good, I wish we had a place like that! I am not a fan of IHOP. I've eaten there a couple times but have never really been impressed and I don't plan on going back!! Now, I LOVE the breakfast at Bob Evans!!!

Glad you all liked Cracker Barrel. They do have some good food!! I prefer eating there for lunch or dinner and I love their chicken & dumplings.

Koh1977 said:

Glad you to hear you had a good vacation. Hope you feel better soon!

pas130 said:

I know it is difficult to make a job change, there are so many uncertainties. It definitely sounds like this would be a good change for you!!

Hi everyone!!! I know, I have been MIA from this thread for a few months, although I have been lurking. ;)

So, I had really wanted to stay at BC or YC this year. My DH was set with staying at the Poly again and after thinking about it, I think that's the best. I am excited about all the new changes coming to the Poly but I would like to experience the resort "as is" one last time, I'm also excited to see the new rooms!!

That being said, I've decided on WL for next year...for now. The resort looks amazing!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Hi everyone!!! I know, I have been MIA from this thread for a few months, although I have been lurking. ;)

So, I had really wanted to stay at BC or YC this year. My DH was set with staying at the Poly again and after thinking about it, I think that's the best. I am excited about all the new changes coming to the Poly but I would like to experience the resort "as is" one last time, I'm also excited to see the new rooms!!

That being said, I've decided on WL for next year...for now. The resort looks amazing!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Hi:wave:

Currently trying to narrow down F&W choice to more than just "deluxe"!

GF has a great rate so, maybe?

I did get the chance to stay at poly in Hawaii in April and May. I loved the new rooms and bath. Feels more modern yet still island feel.:cloud9:

I was disappointed the they took out deep end of the non theme pool(forgot name) now only 3ft the whole way. Same with GF! The courtyard pool deep end is gone. Now CR only one with water at a grown up depth:rolleyes:

I only stayed at WL once. Ds loved it! I often visit via boat from CR. QS salad with apples, walnuts and sweet dressing is yum!

I Heart hope things are going better.

Miss enjoy your vacay!

babyberger glad the little boy is ok!

Koh I always leave the hub home :rotfl: Daughters/Mom trip only ;)

Pas I know you'll make the right decision for you ::yes::

trisadono enjoy :cool1:

updates :goodvibes. I think I'm the only crazy person who actually enjoys the August heat down here!
Yesterday was some retail therapy, found a Nordstrom Rack :goodvibes. DD picked up a hat to keep the sun off her dark brown hair. I restrained from buying shoes, but when I saw a bottle of Dr Perricone serum for $39 I couldn't pass it up. In Sephora it's $98.

Then went in search of Bacardi Breezers. Why is it so hard to find them??? Ugh. Toured around exploring Boca Raton.

Then met my cousin & his girlfriend at Flanigans by the beach for dinner. Walked back to our hotel along the ocean walkway, I'm loving it. I live near the ocean at home, but the Pacific sure isn't this warm, lol. Went for a dip in the pool before calling it a night.

Today we got up and headed straight for the beach. Ocean calmed down, no strong rips threatening to pull us out to sea! So I enjoyed some quality time floating on my pool noodle :goodvibes. Then it was time to go visit mom. After we went to the mall to load up our wdw gift card at the Disney Store for our dining. Had dinner with the cousin. Was our last dinner together this trip. He's back to work tomorrow, and works long hours, till 10 or 11:00 PM.

Tomorrow more :beach: love it!

trishadono said:
Hi:wave:

Currently trying to narrow down F&W choice to more than just "deluxe"!

GF has a great rate so, maybe?

I did get the chance to stay at poly in Hawaii in April and May. I loved the new rooms and bath. Feels more modern yet still island feel.:cloud9:

I was disappointed the they took out deep end of the non theme pool(forgot name) now only 3ft the whole way. Same with GF! The courtyard pool deep end is gone. Now CR only one with water at a grown up depth:rolleyes:

I only stayed at WL once. Ds loved it! I often visit via boat from CR. QS salad with apples, walnuts and sweet dressing is yum!

That is one thing I like about the new rooms. From pictures I've seen they look more modern yet still have a tropical island feel.

What about an EPCOT resort for F&W? I just think it would be so nice to walk to EPCOT during F&W.

Sue M said:
I Heart hope things are going better.

Miss enjoy your vacay!

babyberger glad the little boy is ok!

Koh I always leave the hub home :rotfl: Daughters/Mom trip only ;)

Pas I know you'll make the right decision for you ::yes::

trisadono enjoy :cool1:

updates :goodvibes. I think I'm the only crazy person who actually enjoys the August heat down here!
Yesterday was some retail therapy, found a Nordstrom Rack :goodvibes. DD picked up a hat to keep the sun off her dark brown hair. I restrained from buying shoes, but when I saw a bottle of Dr Perricone serum for $39 I couldn't pass it up. In Sephora it's $98.

Then went in search of Bacardi Breezers. Why is it so hard to find them??? Ugh. Toured around exploring Boca Raton.

Then met my cousin & his girlfriend at Flanigans by the beach for dinner. Walked back to our hotel along the ocean walkway, I'm loving it. I live near the ocean at home, but the Pacific sure isn't this warm, lol. Went for a dip in the pool before calling it a night.

Today we got up and headed straight for the beach. Ocean calmed down, no strong rips threatening to pull us out to sea! So I enjoyed some quality time floating on my pool noodle :goodvibes. Then it was time to go visit mom. After we went to the mall to load up our wdw gift card at the Disney Store for our dining. Had dinner with the cousin. Was our last dinner together this trip. He's back to work tomorrow, and works long hours, till 10 or 11:00 PM.

Tomorrow more :beach: love it!

No, I also like the August heat down there. We went in August back in 2009 and it didn't bother us. We do prefer going the 1st week of Sept because it's still summer type weather but with much lower crowds.
I would love to go back sometime during the holiday season though.

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!!

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

Good morning everyone! I am patiently waiting to see if AP rates come out at the end of this week, or early next week. I would love to save a wee bit more on our trip! Going to pay off the cruise today also....kind of scary!

I feel really bad though, I have been emailing my TA from DU asking her to add one way transfers back to WDW to our total. She hasn't been getting back to me, and then emails that she is at a childrens hospital with her daughter. Yikes, and here I am bugging her about our trip. :guilty: Very trivial compared to our her daughters health I am sure.

Anyhoo, hope you all are having a good day!:hug:

Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter