• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Sue: Hope physio went well. :goodvibes I think both would be good to take, the Ziploc and the bag. Just in case!

Ginny: Ooooooh, LOVELY switch! :thumbsup2 (Even if there was suddenly availability at the YC/BC, not sure I'd do it. Heading back to SAB sure is tempting though... :beach: SAB or a new resort? :scratchin) Thanks for the Miss M compliment. :hug:

Kook: Congrats on the new Tetris piece! :car: Have you experienced any accidental braking-thinking-it's-the-clutch? :faint: (I regret never having a manual, though the daily commute for many years via the parking lot that is the Beltway factored into that decision.) LOL, "unbridled enthusiasm"... got that right! :rotfl2:

I put 4 pin-curls in Miss M's hair yesterday... aside from not having the right color, I think she may be able to pull off Merida :rotfl: :

b765257b-eb88-4e04-b2b4-eeb0ef6052fc_zps0617cefa.jpg

I was going to attempt to catch up, but I am just way too far behind. I saw this picture and I just had to comment. She is just so pretty!! The hair looks great!! Maybe you could do the temp hair dye with Kool Aid to give it a more red look, if you wanted to.

I've just been to blah to be on the DIS. I thought things would calm down after the funeral, but I think they are about to get worse. My mil found out yesterday that my fil's dad left my fil out of the will and he was only added back in when one of his sister's insisted. He's on listed at the end of the will, recognizes that my fil was this man son's in the same paragraph talking about the grandfil's 2nd wife's grandson. It's not that my mil or fil want anything monetarily from the grandfil. It's more like it's the grandfil's finally way of showing my fil how much he didn't love him. I really don't want to me here when the fil finds out. It's weeks like these when I really wish Star Trek transporters had been invented because I would be walking down Main Street USA right now.

On a brighter note....only 53 days until our AKL check in and 51 until our vacation begins.

Janet You are so sweet to remember so many during your trips :hug:

Sheila, it's my honor to do so.. :hug:

We check in on FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leaving early on the 26th

And it may be Poly for ME in 2014....for my 40th birthday party in August!! Kiddos and I decided we should stay at least 8 nights:cool1:

:woohoo: A Pas Poly-apalooza Birthday Bash!! :cool1: :banana:

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you and Sam :lovestruc

me tooooo!!! Thanks my friend! :hug:

Why is it that every time I consider not booking CL, the sounds of my kids yelling "I'm hungry!" jars me back into feeling as though I need it. :headache:

The curse of the CL!! Good thing we haven't tried it ... yet. :goodvibes

Janet...a mother/daughter trip??!!! :dance3: Awesome!!!!! Definitely a good time!

Our first! (just the two of us:))

Janet congrats on your August trip!! Yay!

Thanks Sue! We've been fortunate to go every August for a few years and we really wanted to keep it going. :goodvibes Kids grow up too fast.

Hope that knee continues to heal. :hug:

Happy Thursday to you all!!! :wave2:

ummm... Heather, isn't it Wednesday?? Is that bright yellow throughout your house affecting your brain?? :rotfl2:

Painters are officially finished!!!:dance3: however....the house is not. Still have to clean and put things where they belong. The yellow is a bit yellow :scratchin Might take some getting use to. On the positive side, no worries about getting tired today. The yellow will definitely keep me awake!!!

I love yellow!! So sunshine-y and happy:) Kinds of has been humming "don't worry, be happy" :rotfl2:

ILastly I just wanted so say I miss your friend Junglecruiser too. I always enjoyed reading her posts:love:

How nice you have had many trips with your family ...:goodvibes

Jungle Crusier was very special, she is missed very much by all who knew her. She is our RC angel :hug:

ummm... Heather, isn't it Wednesday?? Is that bright yellow throughout your house affecting your brain?? :rotfl2:

For heaven sakes!!! :faint: Did I type that ?!!! :upsidedow And you're the first one who mentioned it :laughing: Everyone else is probably thinking..."Poor thing, Heather's losing her mind, slowly but surely!" The paint fumes have killed more than a few brain cells. I walk through my house continually singing "..We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine... :hippie:" ...not good.

I was going to do a multi-post while sitting here at taekwondo, but I better stop for the day and get some rest :crazy:

For heaven sakes!!! :faint: Did I type that ?!!! :upsidedow And you're the first one who mentioned it :laughing: Everyone else is probably thinking..."Poor thing, Heather's losing her mind, slowly but surely!" The paint fumes have killed more than a few brain cells. I walk through my house continually singing "..We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine... :hippie:" ...not good.

I was going to do a multi-post while sitting here at taekwondo, but I better stop for the day and get some rest :crazy:

I am laughing so hard! In DH's last office all the walls were yellow and years latter we all still refer to it as the yellow submarine!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was going to attempt to catch up, but I am just way too far behind. I saw this picture and I just had to comment. She is just so pretty!! The hair looks great!! Maybe you could do the temp hair dye with Kool Aid to give it a more red look, if you wanted to.

I've just been to blah to be on the DIS. I thought things would calm down after the funeral, but I think they are about to get worse. My mil found out yesterday that my fil's dad left my fil out of the will and he was only added back in when one of his sister's insisted. He's on listed at the end of the will, recognizes that my fil was this man son's in the same paragraph talking about the grandfil's 2nd wife's grandson. It's not that my mil or fil want anything monetarily from the grandfil. It's more like it's the grandfil's finally way of showing my fil how much he didn't love him. I really don't want to me here when the fil finds out. It's weeks like these when I really wish Star Trek transporters had been invented because I would be walking down Main Street USA right now.

On a brighter note....only 53 days until our AKL check in and 51 until our vacation begins.

Ugh, I know there are no words to console right now, so how about a big ((((((HUG)))))))!! Thinking of you!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks you all for wishing us well at the orthodontist yesterday. It went ok, felt kind of pressured, as I always do by dentists. He recommended a few braces on her front teeth and palate expanders. But DH and I are just going to get the fillings she needs and sit on things for a while. We are not ready to make a decision. Oops here she comes....I will be back!

If a palate extender is the same thing as a "Hyrex" (sp?), then I had one of those....around 5th grade. It was latched to my top molars and across the roof of my mouth....my mom had to use a key every night to expand it. :eek:

It actually didn't hurt, but I had to stop playing the flute. :headache:

After I got that, I ended up not needing the braces. My teeth are perfectly straight! :goodvibes

Jen, Sounds like a good plan. Both my kids had palate expanders and then braces. (I also had braces). The palate expander did a terrific job making more room for the adult teeth. But sometimes I wonder if Sam really needed them. Good to wait it out a little.

Candace, nice that you could benefit from the expander. It wasn't around in my day, so the solution was to pull teeth. :scared1: I looked a sad sit with 6 holes in my mouth!!

Hi Friends, Happy Wednesday!

I need to tweak our dining a bit for our upcoming trip, so thats on the agenda for today. I am going through my usual YC/BWI waffle. I think Im sure, and then I ponder SAB. :confused:
I guess I will really decide when the deals hopefully open after Aug 1st. I would love a discount for our last two days, right now at rack.

Now to catch up...

Janet-Yay for Disney in August! You guys are going to have such fun!!:goodvibes

Ginny, thank you my friend! And :yay: for your new ticker!! SAB pulls me in too ....

And you mentioned waffling... now I have mickey waffles on my brain!! :goodvibes

Janet B: No topless sun bathing!!! :teeth: I didn't want them to get grass stains... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:rotfl:

JanetB: Maybe we can make this our meet spot on Sunday 4th? I had never set foot in Capt Cooks any further than for coffee until last year's Aug stay, so I never knew they sold Dole Whips anywhere but MK. Duhhhhh! I only found out because I took a short cut thru Capt Cook's from the pool to the restroom. All those lost opportunities for a Dole Whip by the pool!! :headache:

:thumbsup2 We never been to Captain Cook's in all our stops at the Poly. Sounds good!! .... Krystal and Kook?

The mutt? Who? What dog? :rolleyes1 Today, today. Really. It's either a bath or stick dryer sheets under her collar. :laughing: Going to forgo the outside thing because it's so flippin' hot -- coaxing her into the tub'll be a treat.

A little frebreeze? Or stay upwind? :rotfl2:

Hope the cleaning up doesn't take too long. Eeep about the yellow. Is it one of those colors that "changes with the light"? :3dglasses Perhaps it'll soften with the time of day. (The previous owners of our house had a thing for yellow; every room, including the basement, was varying shades of yellow. Never got around to the basement, I like to call it a walk-in Seasonal Affective Disorder Treatment room.)
:rotfl2:
I put 4 pin-curls in Miss M's hair yesterday... aside from not having the right color, I think she may be able to pull off Merida :rotfl: :

BEAUTIFUL!!! And Miss M can TOTALLY pull off Merida!! ::yes::

Fierce (we've seen that :)) adorable and captivating rolled up in one Miss M! :goodvibes

I already tooted my two-week horn on the WL thread so I won't toot here, but I will report that no changes will be taking place and we're very content and can't wait to pull up to WL after 14 hours of driving:upsidedow. But, we get there a day early this way and in a new car. After 26 years of marriage, I bought our first-ever automatic on Monday. We're late adopters.

:woohoo: A new car and WL in one month!! Yeah baby!

MAGIC: I can't believe Janet hasn't had a Dole Whip?! But, having had them myself, I think I'm going for the Lapu Lapu instead;). Are you still at OKW?

Nope :) and never had a Lapu Lapu (or Poly punch) either ... :goodvibes

Wookie, so sorry for the drama and heartache. :hug: Disney can't come too soon for you all.

Heather, I was just so focused (obsessed?) on the day since Sam was flying out to visit her friend. And I was thinking of yellow smilie faces with "don't worry, be happy" but I like your song choice better. :thumbsup2

And speaking of my Sam....arrived safely in Wisconsin... and with her friend Carlie. :goodvibes

My new accessory for the next 3 weeks :sad2:

It's not broken, just a severe midfoot ligament sprain that really, really hurts :sad1:

Melissa: So sorry to see this ! What happened???:hug:

I took dd on her 1st trip at 1yr in '95. We usually visit family in Fla then would stay 1-3 days at Disney before going home. I have been to disney now over 40 times but the longest I have stayed is 6 nights with most 3/4.

I first found disboards probably '07,'08 and really used it in '09 when I anxiously waited for the opening and details of BLT. With a boy and a girl that reached the teens it is harder to share just one bath!

I am here now mainly because I thought I knew all I needed but between magicbands and opening of VGF .... This is the place for answers.

I have changed my winter plans back and forth from BLT and VGF so many times already, but I have been waiting for the opening and know we will love it. Besides how many more Family of 4 trips are there left? Been a rough summer with first child getting ready to go away for college. I think it will be a special family bonding time this winter for bro and sis:)

Lastly I just wanted so say I miss your friend Junglecruiser too. I always enjoyed reading her posts:love:

I forgot to say :welcome: to our happy home!

Hi Friends, Happy Wednesday!

I need to tweak our dining a bit for our upcoming trip, so thats on the agenda for today. I am going through my usual YC/BWI waffle. I think Im sure, and then I ponder SAB. :confused:
I guess I will really decide when the deals hopefully open after Aug 1st. I would love a discount for our last two days, right now at rack.

Now to catch up...

Jen-Our son had a palate extender, he got braces relatively late, at about 14. (Due to our being overseas so long, we just waited till we returned to the states.) It sounds awful, but he adjusted quickly. I totally understand waiting a bit to make big decisions like this.

Ginny: I don't know, I just hate the thought of putting her through anything. And then I googled the different things that happen from having one. :scared1: Shouldn't have done that.

If a palate extender is the same thing as a "Hyrex" (sp?), then I had one of those....around 5th grade. It was latched to my top molars and across the roof of my mouth....my mom had to use a key every night to expand it. :eek:

It actually didn't hurt, but I had to stop playing the flute. :headache:

After I got that, I ended up not needing the braces. My teeth are perfectly straight! :goodvibes

Ginny - Hoping for next week!!!!

MM: I am glad it worked out for you. :)

Good morning, ladies. Doin' a little Pas-dancin' this morning...

:dance3: :cheer2: :dance3:

Jen: Sounds like the right thing to do. Sit on it for a while and think about it. Why do so many of these dental-type doctors come across as used-car salesman?! :headache: :hug:

Miss: YES! That is exactly what they come across like! BTW Miss M is gorgeous!!:love:

I already tooted my two-week horn on the WL thread so I won't toot here, but I will report that no changes will be taking place and we're very content and can't wait to pull up to WL after 14 hours of driving:upsidedow.

Kook: WHOO HOO!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Jen, Sounds like a good plan. Both my kids had palate expanders and then braces. (I also had braces). The palate expander did a terrific job making more room for the adult teeth. But sometimes I wonder if Sam really needed them. Good to wait it out a little.

Janet: Thanks, your Sam is so pretty, and looks pretty happy too! Thanks for sharing that picture! Are your frayed nerves ok?:hug:

Hi to Everyone I missed!! Just heading out to soccer, it is super HOT today, about 35 celcuis!

Jen

Janet Glad Sam's flight made it in alright! Now you can relax a bit! And yay for a girls trip! :cool1:

Miss I simply love your daughters face! She is just the cutest thing. She belongs in the movies! I could see her as a totally sassy character! :thumbsup2

KooK Congrats on the new wheels! My first car was a standard (when I was 16)....I crashed that car...:( been driving an automatic ever since. You're almost to the OFC!!! I would be lying if I said I wasn't pricing that out today... :rolleyes1

Okay I just have to share I am so happy! :yay: I was wondering if we would catch any holiday decorations on the Dream on our Nov 14 cruise and apparently from the Nov 9 sailing on all four ships there will be holiday decorations and festivities! :banana::banana::banana::dance3: Yay!

No way we are cancelling now! :worship:
I know I need help...but this makes my day!

Wookie: Sorry you're having to deal with the fall-out still. :hug: Your poor family has been through a ton. Yep, you do need that transporter. ::yes::

Thanks! I was tempted to try that hair-chalking thing but that seems WAY too messy. Maybe the Kool Aid thing would be better. :scratchin Although, she wants to go as Princess Bubblegum to the party who has pink hair. Hmm. (She doesn't know about going to the Castle for breakfast; I asked her if she'd like to take her Merida dress down in case we "go someplace nice to eat" :thumbsup2 She's not super into princesses on the whole but loves Merida and Belle.)

For heaven sakes!!! :faint: Did I type that ?!!! :upsidedow And you're the first one who mentioned it

In Heather's world, tomorrow is Friday. I say we all up sticks and move to her place. :rotfl2:

I am laughing so hard! In DH's last office all the walls were yellow and years latter we all still refer to it as the yellow submarine!

... and now I've got that song stuck in my head. :rolleyes1 How's our Hobbly One doing? Getting used to the boot? :hug:

A little frebreeze? Or stay upwind? :rotfl2:

The mutt has been washed! (This goes along with myself, the walls and carpet upstairs getting covered in "dog fling" and copious amounts of her fluff.)

BEAUTIFUL!!! And Miss M can TOTALLY pull off Merida!! ::yes::

Fierce (we've seen that :)) adorable and captivating rolled up in one Miss M! :goodvibes

Thank you. :hug: When's Sam back? She's going to have a blast ... I can see it in the smiles already! Have you been texting her every half-hour?! (Hope this weather cools off for her whilst she's here. Supposed to be mid-80's Saturday so nicer over the weekend.)

Miss: YES! That is exactly what they come across like! BTW Miss M is gorgeous!!:love:

Hi to Everyone I missed!! Just heading out to soccer, it is super HOT today, about 35 celcuis!

Thanks, Jen. :goodvibes How'd the soccer go in the sauna? Blech, it's been horrendous.

Miss I simply love your daughters face! She is just the cutest thing. She belongs in the movies! I could see her as a totally sassy character! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Candace. :hug: (Someone sassy or in a remake of The Exorcist.) :scared: :rotfl:

I would be lying if I said I wasn't pricing that out today... :rolleyes1

Well, let me just get some of this... popcorn:: Did you book anything yet for next year or have you been waiting for rates?

Hi Miss!:wave2: Soccer was ok, but only 3 girls showed up.:crazy2: Just too hot I guess. We have to go as DH is the coach.:rolleyes2 It is super hot right now here but I do love it. It only lasts for a short time so I try to be all zen like and enjoy it! We have been outside all day today river walking and swimming at my parents, drinking a TON of water, so I just had to change DD4 bedsheets already from a little pee accident. :blush:

How is the ballet going?

Good Morning All! :wave2:

And it is Thursday in South Georgia...not Friday. I checked the calendar just to make sure :rolleyes1: :laughing:

My men are dancin' for ya Pas.......

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Wookie...hugs your way :hug:

Miss...forgot to mention yesterday (my brain wasn't up to par ;)) that your daughter is way too cute!! Adorable, actually.

:thanks: Janet for waking me up yesterday! The yellow submarine has us all a little :hyper: By the way, Sam looks so much older!!! Like a lady! What happened??!!!

Kook .... glad to hear you got yourself a new toy :car: Be reminded that the speed limit doesn't exceed 70 on the way down to Orlando ;)

Melissa...how's that brace workin'??

And just for you Jenn.....can ya picture yourself on this?? :teeth:

gwynne....what changes have been made?! popcorn::

:welcome: trishadono

Pool time today then a bit of taekwondo! That should warrant a good nights sleep for the kids ;)

A very happy Thursday to everyone... Candace, Shelia, Grumpy, Minnie, Sue, Magic

Heather

Good morning!! I will try to get caught up today!! :-)

To Janet, Magic, and Kook - Sunday afternoon could work for me! I think that is our HS day, but we will be back at the Poly for naps since we're going to MK for EMH that night. :-)

Morning! I was shopping with dd at Ulta. I was trying to sneak in a quick makeup sale while she was getting her eye brows done. The woman at the counter noticed my D&B disney iPhone cover. Come to find out she is a college recruiter for the the Disney program. dd hopes to finish her 1st year then go down next year to work a semester or two.

Then last night when she was packing for her overnight stay at college orientation, I slipped in the "surprise" I had gotten her. It was just the eye shadow she wanted but now she working and buying her own makeup she is buying less.

She did find it a "tweet worthy" mention so I guess I did good. :rotfl:

Also the woman said she doesn't get paid by Disney that they get paid with free rooms and discounts. I would love that:cloud9:

Good morning, ladies. Doin' a little Pas-dancin' this morning...

:dance3: :cheer2: :dance3:

Jen: Sounds like the right thing to do. Sit on it for a while and think about it. Why do so many of these dental-type doctors come across as used-car salesman?! :headache: :hug:

The mutt? Who? What dog? :rolleyes1 Today, today. Really. It's either a bath or stick dryer sheets under her collar. :laughing: Going to forgo the outside thing because it's so flippin' hot -- coaxing her into the tub'll be a treat.

Hope the cleaning up doesn't take too long. Eeep about the yellow. Is it one of those colors that "changes with the light"? :3dglasses Perhaps it'll soften with the time of day. (The previous owners of our house had a thing for yellow; every room, including the basement, was varying shades of yellow. Never got around to the basement, I like to call it a walk-in Seasonal Affective Disorder Treatment room.)

Glad you've joined us. :goodvibes You'll have to let us know all about the VGF. popcorn::

A jewel who shared her radiance with so many, that Sarah. :grouphug:

That's my waffle, too. :lmao: We've not tried BWI though and I'm keen on it. Not sure we'll change at this point. (I've read some unfounded rumors that BC is up for a refurb? Can't imagine that being true unless it's hallway sorta stuff.) What's up on the ADR changing front? popcorn::

Thanks, Ginny. Don't want to count my chickens but she's making her teacher a card ... she seems to like her quite a bit even after one class.

With a KEY?! :scared1: Are all the kiddos feeling better? :hug:

Took me so long with this reply, I refreshed to see...

a topless-bathing grass stain comment.

:lmao: :lmao:

Magic, I love you. That made my morning. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: (I like to call mine knee-warmers in the colder months.)

~~==============================~~

Love the hair! That was with just 4 pin curls? Looks great!

Good morning, ladies...

Wishing a very Happy Birthday to our Mousemommy!​
:jumping1: :cake: :bday: :cake: :jumping1:

Hope you enjoy your day. (Blame FB for spilling the beans. :thumbsup2 )

Jen: Awww, poor DD. Good that she was getting enough water though. We've only done one class of ballet but she really likes the instructor -- all fingers crossed. That IS cool about the holiday decor. :santa:

Heather: Thank you. :goodvibes How's the yellow doing today? Grown on ya a bit?

Koh: :wave2: Getting cloooooose for you, too.

Trishadono: Oh, that's pretty exciting stuff! :hyper:

~~=========================~~

Off for a self-torture session at the Y. No Ron Weasley to torment me today. :sad:

I knew I'd miss someone with my slow reply!

Sue: Thank you! More like twist curls, really... or whatever the technical term is. I coiled her hair up and secured. It was 5 but one fell out because mommy isn't so good at these sorts of things. :lmao: (She complained about having to sleep in them. If only she knew how OLD SCHOOL curlers felt. :scared: )

I already tooted my two-week horn on the WL thread so I won't toot here, but I will report that no changes will be taking place and we're very content and can't wait to pull up to WL after 14 hours of driving:upsidedow. But, we get there a day early this way and in a new car. After 26 years of marriage, I bought our first-ever automatic on Monday. We're late adopters.

I'm glad we didn't take bets on Jeanette packing - she's all done AND her garage is clean, too! Let the vacation begin! :wave: to everyone!

Miss M.....erida is darling, but we all know what unbridled enthusiasm lies beneath that dainty exterior. I agree with your yellow assessment. Our kitchen, music room and a hallway (I thought it would make it seem less dark) are yellow and at times it's serene and other times it SCREAMS YELLOW at me:faint:

MAGIC: I can't believe Janet hasn't had a Dole Whip?! But, having had them myself, I think I'm going for the Lapu Lapu instead;). Are you still at OKW?
:cheer2: congrats on both your upcoming trip and the new car! What did you get? I can hear the boat horns already!
Love Dole Whips, have yet to try a Lapu!!maybe this trip?

:grouphug: so sorry. Keep thinking of your happy place.

Too funny!

:woohoo: A new car and WL in one month!! Yeah baby!

Nope :) and never had a Lapu Lapu (or Poly punch) either ... :goodvibes

Wookie, so sorry for the drama and heartache. :hug: Disney can't come too soon for you all.

Heather, I was just so focused (obsessed?) on the day since Sam was flying out to visit her friend. And I was thinking of yellow smilie faces with "don't worry, be happy" but I like your song choice better. :thumbsup2

And speaking of my Sam....arrived safely in Wisconsin... and with her friend Carlie. :goodvibes

Beautiful pic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter