Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Knee is coming along. Doing physio 2-3 times a week :rolleyes: hope it will get me functional for August trip. I walked (slow) around the neighbourhood early this evening for about 45 min. Really sore by the end of walk. I think I'll be spending a lot if afternoons floating around SAB!! But I have hope it will be better in a month.

Koh what did the TA say? Good luck!!

Sue Happy to hear the knee is progressing nicely :thumbsup2

And what's wrong with time spent floating around SAB?? Just what the doctor ordered, right?? ;-)

I showed DH my prices (based on the current summer discount which is basically the same as the old one) and he actually asked how much it would be to do all 8 nights at the Poly! AND a BLV Tower room at the CR has opened up for all 8 nights as well! SO, I have my TA double checking price for both tomorrow and then I can ch-ch-change for the final time!! Can't go wrong with either one, BUT, pros/cons of each? Or Heather, have some pics of both to share? ;-)

Krystal BLT is another I like, almost booked it twice but I keep getting scared off due to everyone saying how small the studios are and 1 BDrms are a bit pricey for just 2 of us.

I'd probably go for the Poly if CR Tower was not available

Unfortunately, yesterday I cancelled our September trip for MNSSHP. We really want to go to the party but the reality is that $800 for 2 nights is a lot for us to spend. Plus, that $800 is a great deposit for next year.

Fortunately, while I was on the phone canceling, the CM confirmed that 2014 packages will release Wednesday so I will be able to play with concrete numbers in just two days.

Bring on the Disney math and have a happy Monday everyone!

Unfortunately, yesterday I cancelled our September trip for MNSSHP. We really want to go to the party but the reality is that $800 for 2 nights is a lot for us to spend. Plus, that $800 is a great deposit for next year.

Fortunately, while I was on the phone canceling, the CM confirmed that 2014 packages will release Wednesday so I will be able to play with concrete numbers in just two days.

Sorry about cancelling the Sept trip :sad: but at least you can look forward to 2014. I know about financial reasons, due to work changes I am down about $600 per month over the summer. Lots of real life expenses have crept in on us. Boo. I even talked to DH again about cancelling the cruise portion of the trip. Thankfully, he was not upset and just reassured me we can make this work.

Amidst all this this I too will be looking at numbers for next year too! I am a sick individual. :p

And what's wrong with time spent floating around SAB?? Just what the doctor ordered, right?? ;-)

I showed DH my prices (based on the current summer discount which is basically the same as the old one) and he actually asked how much it would be to do all 8 nights at the Poly! AND a BLV Tower room at the CR has opened up for all 8 nights as well! SO, I have my TA double checking price for both tomorrow and then I can ch-ch-change for the final time!! Can't go wrong with either one, BUT, pros/cons of each? Or Heather, have some pics of both to share? ;-)

:banana: woohoo you get to keep the 8 nights!! Yay! I haven't stayed at BLT, but I love Poly!! Beautiful grounds, large rooms, great dining, both Kona & Ohana are Favs, plus you can get Dole Whip & Tonga Toast at Capt Cooks ::yes:: and there's just something magical about Bering able to see the castle from so many points while strolling around the grounds.
Plus they are renovating all the longhouses. So you'd get a new room. Tikiman pages prob has updates on renos. We loved Tokelau for a GV.

Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by for a quick hello! We've been out of town at the lake (no internet service) so I'm super behind to say the least. Lots of catching up to do! Hope to do that this afternoon in between painting breaks...my house looks like a tornado has traveled through....crazy!

Heather

Anyone wanting to make a reservation for the TomorrowLand Terrace Dessert Party It is Available to book now for September

Anyone wanting to make a reservation for the TomorrowLand Terrace Dessert Party It is Available to book now for September

Speaking of which, I get to keep the dessert party for our last night too!! Woohoo!!

If we do Poly, I'm thinking of requesting Tokelau 3rd floor with balcony?

If CR, it'll be a BLV in the main tower, so just request high floor I suppose?

So sorry to read you had to cancel your trip, we had to cancel once and postpone another time, best medicine is to rebook ASAP :thumbsup2

Do any of you know if there is a chance a nemo suite for AoA would open up for a December weekend when they're currently all booked? We are in a Cars room, but my little ones (and husband!!) prefer Nemo. Right now, the first part of our trip is open in Nemo, but not the last few days. I'm considering booking the Nemo room for the first part of our trip and then switch over to Cars... just would have to drop the DDP for the last couple of days. Ideally, however, that Nemo room would open up for our last couple of days and we could just stay put for the week and extend our dining, mugs, etc. I have heard that once they're booked your chances are pretty nil.

Of course, if FD happens for December, we're completely switching resorts... :hippie:

Just booked the Dessert Party for our Sept trip!!!! :yay: Thank you so much to our own very dear Sheila for keeping that thread going!!!! :hug:

Just booked the Dessert Party for our Sept trip!!!! :yay: Thank you so much to our own very dear Sheila for keeping that thread going!!!! :hug:

Glad when I saw you were able to get your date booked :yay:

I still have 2 loooooooooong months to wait :sad1:

Is anyone else having trouble with the Disney website. I was able to book the Dessert Party but now none of my reservations are showing up .... :confused3

Is anyone else having trouble with the Disney website. I was able to book the Dessert Party but now none of my reservations are showing up .... :confused3

It was loading real slow for me earlier, my resort showed up but not my ADRs I then finally they showed up too

Walk to MK, love bay lake more than 7 seas, more compact, not as crazy, Cali grill. That said, I'm a grand girl first and then cr

The Poly is crazier than CR? The couple of times we visited CR it was Very Loud and very busy, I thought the Poly was quieter since everyone discribes it as relaxing :confused3

To me it's just hustle and bustle at the contemporary...I'm there for a purpose not hanging out. If I'm sitting and relaxing its by the pool or beach. That's just me.

To me it's just hustle and bustle at the contemporary...I'm there for a purpose not hanging out. If I'm sitting and relaxing its by the pool or beach. That's just me.

It's funny since Bob always wanted to stay at CR and I reminded him how he hated that it was so noisey, he had said " I know but I want to stay there"

I booked it but ended up changeing, one of these days we may get there.

sjs314 said:
It's funny since Bob always wanted to stay at CR and I reminded him how he hated that it was so noisey, he had said " I know but I want to stay there"

I booked it but ended up changeing, one of these days we may get there.

Maybe if you could get a BLT studio...or even a garden wing room - 1st floor patio.

Better beach - CR or Poly and why :-)

Trying to decide!!

I like the Poly beach way better. You can see the castle and the tops of the mountains in the distance. Plus a straight ahead view of wishes at night! :thumbsup2

Also, I find the zero entry end of the Poly pool is way more convenient for a toddler then the CR pool. The little splash zone at CR is pretty boring. Well, so is the one at the Poly, but at least the little one can swim there too.

Sitting on a lounger with a drink in hand gazing at the castle while DD digs in the sand is a little slice of heaven. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter