Our list of movies for Oliver's proper education!

WebmasterKathy

Administrator
Administrator
Oh, grasshopper, we need to help you keep your card! I know Pete and Co. will have a list (Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, Breakfast at Tiffany's) but this old straight lady has some movies you need to watch!

All About Eve
Sunset Boulevard
Cabaret
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
The King and I
Auntie Mame
Funny Girl
La Cage Aux Folles/The Birdcage
In and Out
Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
Some Like it Hot

... so many more!!! What else needs to be on his list?

Love this list! I'd add:

Sound of Music
North By Northwest
Charade
Lawrence of Arabia
Spartacus
To Catch a Thief
From Russia With Love
Goldfinger
The Birds
Honourable Mention: Victor Victoria (Robert Preston is wildly over the top and delightful)

Well Oliver will have no excuse if he hasn't see Sound of Music or the Goonies as they are both on TV every Christmas/Easter and Bank Holidays over her in the UK.

Also think Oliver should return the favor and do a great British Classic night:

Get Carter
The Italian Job (1969 version not the abomination that came out in 2003) (Especially with John's, Kevin's and Pete's Italy trip coming up)
Brief Encounter
The Third Man
Training Spotting
Withnail and I
Oh and all the Monty Python Films back to back (Although would be shocked if the rest of them hadn't already see these).

Apparently I am with Oliver, I haven't seen most of these!! Haven't had the pleasure of meeting Oliver yet, I say this is a great way for us to get to know one another. We will have an ancient movie fest :-)!

I love Oliver, but if he wants to be a true card-carrying film/media nerd (gay or otherwise) he needs to Google Vito Russo/The Celluloid Closet!

Need to check the whole thread, but if it haven't been said:

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Apparently I am with Oliver, I haven't seen most of these!! Haven't had the pleasure of meeting Oliver yet, I say this is a great way for us to get to know one another. We will have an ancient movie fest :-)!

Ancient??? :P

I'm going to be honest the only one of any of the movies listed here I've seen is Sound of Music.

"Noooooooooooooooo!!!!"

tumblr_o439b5EUVZ1rkfonfo3_r1_400.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter