Our Last Trip to Le Cellier

flyinglizard

DIS Veteran
In early January, a lady I work with suggested we go to Le Cellier. She and her husband hadn't been in five years, and I said it's difficult to get a ressie. Wife and I probably hadn't been for 3 years or so as well. I got on the phone, and finally got a time and day that worked for both of us on March 5.

Things started great as always with cheese soup and pretzel bread. Wife had the onion soup and she was disappointed. It seemed to me that there were fewr entree choices than I had remembered.

I had the New York Strip ($34.99), and although it was cooked perfectly, it just didn't seem worth the price. My wife had the Coffee rubbed Kansas City Strip ($32.99) and she described it as a good steak rolled in coffee grounds. I tasted it and was quite pleased I hadn't ordered it. My lady friend had the Chicken Coq au Vin ($21.99), picked at it a little and announced that she just couldn't eat it. Her husband had the Salt crusted Prime Rib ($25.99) and apparently he made the best choice of the four of us, he had no complaints.

I know this spot has a lot of fans, but I'm not one of them any longer, nor is anyone else in our party. That was our last trip to Le Cellier...

LeCellier has a new chef since last year, I was disappointed when they took the Maple Glaze filet mignon off the menu. Linda :)

We enjoyed L'Cellier but we went for lunch and were stuffed the rest of the day..this year we are going for dinner. I hope its good when we go in 2 months

we've chosen yachtsman steakhouse over le cellier the last two trips, but i'd definitely go back to le cellier again, see if the new chef's as good as when we were last there a few years ago.

Sorry you had a disappointing meal. We were there in September and, as always, it was our best meal of the trip (our 5th meal there).

I want to know how you convinced your wife to have dinner with "your lady friend" :rotfl2:
I'm glad you posted this because I was debating it. We've been and really have never been blown away by it. But I thought- hey it's been a while maybe we should try again.
I think we'll skip it. Thanks.

KatMark- Thank you for your understanding and I hope your next visit is as wonderful as your last experience.

java- Perhaps I wasn't concise- My "lady friend" and her husband are very good friends of ours and we often have dinner and "a park" together. I have never been what I consider a "gourmet", but I have never been accused of being a "Don Juan" either! But your post did bring a big smile and a chuckle- thank you!

I have heard many good things about Le Cellier. We are going in April for the first time. I hope it is good. Unfortunately, I'll be there with my 3 and 5 year old; I think it would be a nice date night.

Wow, I wish you had a better experience...I'm sure you do to.

DH and I had lunch last month and loved it. We are going back for dinner (hopefully) in October. We both felt that the restaurant was not overrated based on our experience. Neither of us got a steak though, but are planning to next time.

In early January, a lady I work with suggested we go to Le Cellier. She and her husband hadn't been in five years, and I said it's difficult to get a ressie. Wife and I probably hadn't been for 3 years or so as well. I got on the phone, and finally got a time and day that worked for both of us on March 5.

Things started great as always with cheese soup and pretzel bread. Wife had the onion soup and she was disappointed. It seemed to me that there were fewr entree choices than I had remembered.

I had the New York Strip ($34.99), and although it was cooked perfectly, it just didn't seem worth the price. My wife had the Coffee rubbed Kansas City Strip ($32.99) and she described it as a good steak rolled in coffee grounds. I tasted it and was quite pleased I hadn't ordered it. My lady friend had the Chicken Coq au Vin ($21.99), picked at it a little and announced that she just couldn't eat it. Her husband had the Salt crusted Prime Rib ($25.99) and apparently he made the best choice of the four of us, he had no complaints.

I know this spot has a lot of fans, but I'm not one of them any longer, nor is anyone else in our party. That was our last trip to Le Cellier...

Thanks for your review. We went to Le Cell in May 08 and really enjoyed our meal, but were thinking of doing Teppan Edo this year instead. Not sure how many days we'll be doing epcot so if it's 2 days we'll do both, but if it's one day than we'll save Le Cell for next time.

Oh NO! I'm so sorry you guys had a bad experience there! :sad2: This is BY FAR our favorite restaurant. From the pretzel bread to the cheese soup to that unbelievable Mushroom Filet & then the creme brulee...we cannot get enough of it! :love: In fact, each year when we eat there, we ask ourselves why we didn't get ADRs for 2 different nights? We are strongly considering doing just that in Sept.

I noticed none of you ordered the filet...have you ever tried it? (Probably so, since you all had been there before.) I'm definitely one who tries a different entree each time I dine at a restaurant, but that Mushroom Filet is one dish I refuse to venture from! :lovestruc Hopefully it's good in Sept, b/c we will definitely be there once (if not twice!!)

weHEARTmickey- Yes, I've had the mushroom stuffed filet, but not recently. In the distant past, I've also had the Buffalo steak, scallops, rib eye and petite steak (don't remember the cut).

Sometime I'll probably order some cheese soup and pretzel bread "carry-out" if they still do that.

At this time, everyone in our group is happy to give up our space to Fla visitors!

My family and I did LeCellier on our last 2 WDW trips and had a disappointing experience both times. The service was terrible both times and the food was mediocre at best. We have taken LeCellier off our must do restaurant list. We are not picky eaters and understand how a busy restaurant can have off service. I waited tables in college so I have been there. There was no excuse for the 2 hour meal the first time and the rude waiter the second. I really wanted to like this restaurant, but it didn't happen.

Ditto...I loved that filet and was sorry to see it off the menu!

We were also dissappointed the last several times we were there. We normally eat there two times during our trip and cancelled our second last June. We had to send DD's steak back 3 times! We really enjoyed Teppan Edo and Coral Reef was good too, there are so many great places in Epcot, I hate to waste it on mediocre food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter