Our Last Minute CANCER SUCKS Trip

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family... I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

I am so so sorry for the loss of your Carol. Carol and your entire family are in my prayers.

Cancer, indeed, truly sucks!

I am so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Thank you for taking the time to share these memories with all of us. I would have wanted to do the same thing your sister did, spend my time in Disney!

I'm so sorry Tricia. I haven't been on and I just heard. I'm thinking of you and your family and just know Carol was blessed to have a family like yours.

Hey everyone. I wish I had better news to share, but I don't. Carol passed away yesterday. She was home, so that is something. I know she wouldn't have wanted to be in a hospital for her last days.

I can't begin to tell you how much all of your kind words have meant. I know I haven't addressed all of you personally as this thread progressed. It's not because I didn't read what you put down or because I didn't care about what you said. I get more than a little emotional about all this stuff and I have to pick my moments when I let myself break down.

Carol has always been so much more than just my sister... so much more than just my friend... there isn't really a word for what she was to me. She was just my Carol.

I am so sorry for your loss. I have been reading this thread for some time and I am sending some :grouphug: hugs to help you and your family get through this.
Just before my father died of cancer in 1989 we went to Disney too. That was one of his favorite places and he was always glad he got to go back one more time.

Prayers to you and your family. She is going to be missed and loved by many, even though she was not personally known by us.

My heart is breaking for you over your loss of your Carol. (((HUGS))) to you and Carol's entire family.

My thoughts are with you & your family too...so very sorry for the loss of your Carol. :hug:

The last couple of weeks have been tough, but I'm putting one foot in front of the other. I know things will get better.

I decided to start my trip report from our October vacation. You can find it here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2001588

It is really bittersweet to revisit our Disney trip. So many wonderful memories.
:goodvibes

Tricia, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I only saw your updates today, as we were away dealing with our own "cancer sucks" story when you lost your Carol. I keep trying to type something thoughtful and reassuring, but I know first-hand that there are no words. So instead I offer this: :grouphug:

((Tricia))- I just read this entire thread and I am so sorry for you, your family and Carol. I'm so glad you all got to get together and have a wonderful trip. You all looked so happy in all of the pictures. I was hoping and praying for her to recover. I'm so sorry.

:grouphug:

Goofygirl

Thanks. I was hoping and praying for her to recover too.

My mom said that she didn't think God was listening. I told her, "Sure He is. He just isn't giving us the answers we want to hear."

I don't understand why. I will never understand why. So, I don't ask why. That way madness lies.

I'm a looooong way from getting on with my life, but I'm trying.

thank you for sharing your sister Carol with us. You have both made lasting impression on us

Thank you for that. Carol was a vibrant person. I'm sure I will carry that with me for the rest of my life.

I'm sorry for your loss and sorry, I found this so late.
I remember reading your TR in the beginning. Then I found this way back on page 9.

Hugs to you with the Holidays coming, I'm sure they will be tough for you and your family.

OhMari

Yes, Christmas will be difficult this year. Thanksgiving was hard. Carol's 50th birthday should have been the day after Thanksgiving. We got through it.

Thanks for the sympathy and hugs.

ETA: Now that this is officially a "completed" trip report, I can't add any posts. Carol passed away three months ago and it is still hard to believe. I ran across a picture today and realized it is one of the last ones I have of us together. I just wanted to make sure it gets posted here as a final tribute. Thanks everyone for taking this journey with me.

CarolandMe.jpg

I just found your trip report and started at page 1 and have been so moved. I am honored and thankful to have read Carol's story. I'll pray for peace for your family this Christmas and healing for your hearts. You have a very special angel watching over you now and I loved seeing her happy face at Disney. I don't think I'll ever forget the picture of her at the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter