• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Jumbo Pins got Frisked at LAX

Regina

<font color=teal>Maybe I’ll “accidentally” drop a
There we were, going thru security at LAX when we hear "bag check." OH NO!!! IT'S THE BAG WITH THE JUMBO REPO PINS!!! :earseek: I STAYED UP ALL NIGHT TO GET THOSE STUPID PINS!! THEY CAN'T TAKE THEM AWAY FROM ME I TELL YA, ARGH... (Sorry, still channeling pirates pirate: )

Luckily, we had a very nice agent. As it turns out, she has family in Panama and we started chatting about the canal passage. Process of elimination brought her to the mutant pins. After attempting to figure out how they were packed, she let my DH help her to open the case that they're in. She loved the pin, and gave us the go ahead. We warned her that there were 997 more pins that will be setting off alarms. ;) She laughed and said that at least she knows what to look for. :goodvibes

*Sigh* am I back in the real world? I wanna be cruizin again!! :sad1:

That's two of us!!!

I set off the security on Saturday after much scurrying through our luggage they took the whole package apart and then had to share the pin with all the other TSA agents!

They loved it and were so jealous! I think I even got Disney some more business in the future.

Linda

Welcome home guys! It seems we get stopped by security after every cruise. :) After our May '03 7 day it was the lead crystal block with the ship in it that set it off.

LOL! That makes me very happy that we drive home after the cruise. :)

Thanks for the welcome home WDWLVR, but I'd much rather be back on the ship.

The whole time that I was sweating out whether they'd confiscate the pins or not, I was thinking "those lucky Californians don't have to deal with this."

The guy behind us did get his lighter taken away. It actually went thru, but he thought that his stuff needed to be checked since the agent was going thru our bag. Another agent spotted it and took it away. :firefight

We had so much stuff, I'm really glad that we didn't have to fly. It would have been a real problem getting the 12 bottles of Fairy Tale Cuvee on the plane!

Ken

So Regina's the one who bought all the pins.

I don't have any pins. All I brought home were tee shirts, tequila, a new camera (that's a long story) and a whole mess of doohickeys that got left on our door by some person or persons unknown....

LOL Regina! I can just picture it.

A couple of years ago we flew down to WDW and I had a backpack that was FULL of pins (the whole backpack, 3 large trading bags, 2 smaller, and several bags of pins) Can you tell I was seriously into trading back then :rotfl2: )

This was not long after they started really getting tight with security (late 2001) and they made me pull out EVERY SINGLE pin in that backpack before allowing me through security. All I kept getting from others trying to get through were rolling eyes :rolleyes: and I was like :rolleyes1 :wave2:

Eventually we made it through security just in time to catch the plane. Fortunately on the flight home Orlando Airport security were used to the bags of pins (and all of us pinheads) so I did not have any trouble on the return flight.

Glad you make it through security okay and that they didn't like the pin enough to confiscate it :rotfl:

Sue Ellen

WebmasterRegina said:
The whole time that I was sweating out whether they'd confiscate the pins or not, I was thinking "those lucky Californians don't have to deal with this."
Hi Regina! Welcome home! :wave: FINALLY...I'm one of the LUCKY CALIFORNIANS whom will not have to deal with/worry about my PINS for once!! After all the DC's on the East Coast (not to mention the months in the world), I've ALWAYS been stopped for my PINS and other presumed violations in MCO. I had to laugh at the "997" other pins comment...as I've been there too!! :teeth: :rotfl2: I'm a confessed PIN~AHOLIC! They are heavy when all together too...really weigh-down a little carry-on!!

My turn is around the corner, and for the FIRST TIME...we are DRIVING from our HOME to the PORT!!! :banana: :cheer2: :moped:

Happy to see you are home safe and sound, and with ALL your pins!!

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

I have read this title twice now as "jumbo PIGS got Frisked in LAX" and I'm thinking, you took your pigs with you? and where exactly do you put them? haha. it's far to late for me to be DISing...

minkydog said:
I have read this title twice now as "jumbo PIGS got Frisked in LAX" and I'm thinking, you took your pigs with you? and where exactly do you put them? haha. it's far to late for me to be DISing...

Hey, I know that I gained six pounds on this cruise but "jumbo pig" is a bit harsh. ;) :teeth:

I wish I had 12 bottles of Fairy Tale Cuvee, but only one made the return trip home. I would have sacrificed the pins if it came down to a choice between the two. :drinking1

Dreamflight, I'll have to ask DH if they were heavy. I chose the roll-along bag.

TDC Nala, I have a bunch of stuff too! I wonder where it all came from? :teeth:

It's nice to see that everyone is slowly making it home safe and sound. I'm still trying to wake up.

I never thought my Disney pins would be a problem at security. I only have 16 from Disneyland and I'm planning on bringing them along on my first trip to WDW next week.

Which is better? Put them in carryon or check them through?

I saw the pics of the Magic going through Panama Canal and the Inaugral West Coast cruise. I'm glad you had a great time.

:thewave:

Susie, it was just the giant pins that caused the search, not the regular sized ones. :flower:

Hey Regina,
Our pin got frisked too at the Burbank airport :sad2: The lady was really rough with it also. Apparently saying something is really fragile doesnt mean the same thing to airport staff lol! Hope you had a safe trip home :flower:

Susie51 said:
Which is better? Put them in carryon or check them through?
I would not trust putting anything of value in a checked bag. Even if you lock with a TSA lock, there can be many people going through and searching your bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter