• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our July Disney trip...never a dull moment!! Day Six....

ShannonP

Mouseketeer
The Cast:

Me 42, DH 42, DD20 (Silverspark here on the DIS) and DD15

Silverspark will be adding her input to my review, as well as some photos

DAY SIX - Thurs. 7/20/06

Our leaf blower guy was out at 7:30 am again this morning, so we were up pretty early again. :furious:

Back to AK today. Got our FPs for Safari, then walked some of the trails and did a few things. Sorry, I can't remember the sequence of what we did each day, so I just refer to it as "a few things" :) Went on our Safari and got to see quite a few animals. Went to get FPs for EE, but they weren’t any available until very late in the evening...again Hello Brazillian tour groups. :crowded: DD15 wanted to go on the single rider line, so we waited for her :rolleyes1 . DD20 got on the phone while we waited and snagged us an ADR for tonight at Chefs deFrance. She and I then decided to go rustle us up some lunch from Flame Tree and had that all waiting when DH and DD15 joined us. DD20 got a turkey leg from a cart and quickly found out that was waaaay too much for her to handle. Poor DH....the human garbage can. “Here Dad, I can’t eat anymore.” This became the battle cry of our trip. :rotfl: Now that we’re back home, you’ll be glad to know that DH is on a self imposed diet to lose his Disney weight..as am I. Did a few more things, then decided to bid adieu to AK... without ever doing Dinosaur or Primevil Hurl...the timing just didn’t work out for us.

Decided to head to Blizzard Beach. As we pulled up, we saw the sign saying that Typhoon was closed due to being at full capacity. We pulled up a bit more and saw that BB was also closed for at least another hour for the same reason :sad2: . We looked at each other and quickly decided on the Pop pools. Put on our suits, grabbed our mugs and headed to the much quieter 50's pool. Spent a relaxing time there for a bit, then both DD’s went up to the room to shower and rest. DH and I swam and lounged a bit longer, then we decided to grab a couple of Mickey bars from the food court and explore Pop. The theming is really cute here and we walked all around and over to see where the next section, The Legendary Years, will someday be built. This will be a huge complex when that’s completed. It was our turn to shower and rest for a bit, despite the screaming kid right outside our door...I mean RIGHT outside our door :eek: . Hmmm...wonder if his parents would appreciate if we made that kind of noise when we get back from EPCOT at say...1am.

Off to EPCOT for EMH night. We wandered around LS for a bit, then headed to France for our ADR at Chefs. We were a little disappointed in this meal. Granted, we’re probably very spoiled being from New Orleans and all (IMO, some of the best food in the world :stir: ), but the meal was just so-so. Beautiful restaurant, though. Headed out just in time for Illuminations. I didn’t realize that they’d shortened this, but we still enjoyed it. Continued to walk around WS for a bit...more shopping as DD20 wanted to pick up souvenirs for her friends in the various countries. DH and DD’s decided to do MS one last time. I happily sat on a bench and people watched for a bit. We headed over for a short wait for TT and said our goodbyes to EPCOT for this trip. For some reason saying good bye to EPCOT and MK is tougher for me than MGM and AK.

thanks again for your great report. It is always nice to hear it from other peoples insights. I have not done Chefs of France but wondered how it was. Our all time favorite restaurant in Epcot is le Cellier.....I guess I like my meat and cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread.....hahaha
Thanks again for your report

We were in the 80's building the time you were there. One late evening we heard commotion outside our room and we peeped out to see a boy, maybe 10 - 12ish with the fire extinghisher acting like he was going to throw it over the balcony - then he put it back and starting fighting with a sibling. Where are the parents :confused3

I lifeguard at our local pool on weekends. I witnessed a little boy about 3 throwing a tantrum. The mom walked out of the pool and to her car and gave him his blanket. The kid kept screaming, the water is yucky, I want to go home. When she got him to settle down about 20 minutes later, she walked back in and thanked us all for witnessing his tantrum-like it was our fault. I really wanted to say, "Are you Serious"?

I don't get some parents and I've been there with 4 of my own and I've never blamed my kids bad behavior on anyone.

Our room at POP faced the giant foosball (sp?) area. One night...very late....some children were out there playng soccer through the giant icons....very loudly. I just don't understand some parents.

OhMari, your story is hysterical!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter