Our Hoop Dee Doo, Hoop Dee Dont Review!

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience :( We went in March and it was a highlight of our trip. The acting was superb, as was the food. We went for the latest show, though, maybe that had something to do with it. Again, so sorry it wasn't as magical as it should have been :hug:

So glad that everyone is sharing both sides of the story. We have it planned for the evening of our wedding - getting married at 6AM, booked the show for 9:30 PM so we can get category 1 with our dining plan :bride:

We're cheesy, my daughters 10 and 12 are heavy non picky eats, and we spend most of our time cracking horrible jokes or chasing each other through the house with anything we can get our hands on. So the HHDR sounds perfect for us :love:

When they were younger I had a super picky eater. I brought hot dogs everywhere we went. Dead serious. I got some weird look from a few waitresses, but it made everything really easy, and if you ask nicely you will never get an argument with heating one up - however, we did it over a candle once on a fork at a fancy sit down restaurant :laughing:

We're cheesy, my daughters 10 and 12 are heavy non picky eats, and we spend most of our time cracking horrible jokes or chasing each other through the house with anything we can get our hands on. So the HHDR sounds perfect for us :love:

You'll have a *great* time !!! :goodvibes

...And major congrats on your nuptials ! :wizard:

I plan on sitting DEAD front in my Minnie bride ears, with my man wearing his Mickey tux ears and making a total spectacle of us and embarrassing our two daughters (who are used to it and honestly have grown to love it out of a need to survive childhood). I want to sit on a piano and get serenaded if possible :woohoo:

I plan on sitting DEAD front in my Minnie bride ears, with my man wearing his Mickey tux ears and making a total spectacle of us and embarrassing our two daughters (who are used to it and honestly have grown to love it out of a need to survive childhood). I want to sit on a piano and get serenaded if possible :woohoo:

Sounds like it's going to be a fun night when you're there! Maybe I'll go then too! The cheesier the better! And nothing is more fun than embarrassing your own children! I do it all the time. Congratulations!

It is great to hear everyone's take on the show. I know have heard good and bad about Spirit of Aloha too. I am keeping it on my list of maybe's and if not for this coming trip, then perhaps the next. I think my desire to make up my own mind is stronger than a negative remark. Perhaps I will end up loving them both.:confused3

We went for the 1st time last summer & loved it! The food was really good (my intro to sangria - :thumbsup2:) & the server brought more of whatever we wanted. There are 5 of us & they brought us 3 shortcakes but they were definitely not single serving dishes. We thought Sixbits could easily pass for Will Ferrell. Our family can't wait to go back again on our next trip. All three DD (6, 11, & 16 at the time) were laughing throughout the show. For anyone that hasn't been, I agree with some of the PPs who said don't let someone else's bad experience keep you from trying it. We absolutely hated Sci-Fi Dine In & Biergarten but have read tons of great reviews on them, think Le Cellier is just okay but it's virtually impossible to get an ADR for. Sorry OP had a bad experience but hope it was just an off night.

So glad that everyone is sharing both sides of the story. We have it planned for the evening of our wedding - getting married at 6AM, booked the show for 9:30 PM so we can get category 1 with our dining plan :bride:

When they were younger I had a super picky eater. I brought hot dogs everywhere we went. Dead serious. I got some weird look from a few waitresses, but it made everything really easy, and if you ask nicely you will never get an argument with heating one up - however, we did it over a candle once on a fork at a fancy sit down restaurant :laughing:

We love this place. We also have it planned for after our wedding day. We love this type of humor and it brings smiles to the step kids faces, which is always a plus... :rotfl2: CONGRATULATIONS!

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials! If I ever get married (HA!), I would totally be up for doing HDDR as a wedding day/evening meal. Love it!!

LOLing at the image of a hot dog cooking over a candle :lmao:

Loved the food, hated the show, but loved my kids reaction to the show(they loved it), so I had my "own entertainment" at our table. The kids want to go again, and we will, since they don't normally ask to do specific things when we go to Disney.

I took my father (age 79) to Disney World last September & went to both the Spirit of Aloha luau and the Hoop-Dee-Doo. I can't say enough positive things about the luau, from the food (tasty, fall-off-the bones ribs) to the entertainment & service! The experience at the Hoop-Dee-Doo was a little less favorable. It was quite warm that day & there was no place to sit to cool off. We found the show to be lively & entertaining, and those around us appeared to be equally amused. We had an excellent server- personable and attentive. The food- not the highest marks, but "decent". The biggest complaint we had was about the baked beans- very bland tasting and not overly tender. I'm glad that my Dad had the opportunity to experience both dinner shows, but it is doubtful that we would return to the Hoop-Dee-Doo any time soon.

We thought it was atrocious as well.

Horrible service, horrible views (we were Cat. 1 but seated in the very last table and didn't see much of the show), and it just really *wasn't* our style of humor (we like dry humor, like Monty Python, and such). HUGE waste of money (we paid OOP). My daughter, then 7, hated it and we all wanted to leave except my 5 year-old son. We waited for the Strawberry Shortcake to arrive so my daughter could pick off the strawberries off the top and then we high-tailed it out of there. It was the ONLY time I was glad we were seated in the back of the entire show - straight shot to the EXIT on the side. We were the first out...

We actually thought the food was "ok," - like a 5-6, but the show, to us, was awful...we gave it a 1-2 out of 10.

Now, we *do* like the Spirit of Aloha and the Mickey's BBQ, both. Those are both 7 to 8s, or better depending on service. To each their own...

I love the complete and honest review! :thumbsup2

We're more South Park than Frasier, and my ten year old princess misses the nuances and subtle humour we throw around on occasion. I am loving the idea more and more! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter