Our Honeymoon trip report

Great TR so far. Congrats on getting married. My DH and I will be celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary in June. Time goes by so fast. We went on a cruise for our honeymoon and I had never been to Disney World, at that time I thought it was just for families with kids. On our honeymoon cruise, there was another honeymoon couple at our table who were going to WDW after the cruise as part of their honeymoon and my DH and I thought they were crazy. We had no idea. LOL:confused3

great tr! subscribing! congratulations on the wedding!
Thank you so much!!!

Great TR! Congrats on the marriage! You guys are a cute couple :)
Thank you! Quite a few people have said that we look like brother and sister! Eww :eek:

Thanks for the info. We do Jan mainly for the small crowds. Dec is really tough for me. I can't take vacation after Nov 15 but with my work schedule we might be able to make a quick visit that time of year in the future. :worship:

Those guys are great. I hope they didn't mess up your maps. Last year we saw "Officer Duncan Donut" take a gun (air gun) from a kid, after the officer chased him around his dad a couple of times, the he announced to the crowd that he(the kid) was only a stunt man and the gun was a prop. :rotfl2:

Yes it is. ::yes::

I really like your pics. the lights are beautiful. It must be a guy think cuz I also liked the LMA show but DW was not so impressed and didn't even go with DD9 & I the second year. :sad2:

That is a great pic at the fantasmic show. Sorry you had to leave early but at least you got to beat the crowds and you know how that can be after the show. I have to agree with you about the transportation. I'd love to be able to ride the monorail to all of the parks.
I would HIGHLY recommend it in December!! Definitely the first week of December. I think any time after that it gets really busy. They keep the decorations up until January 6th I think. Its worth it I promise! Those guys at HS are funny! They did embarrass me, but it was hilarious!
The lights were insane, there must have been a million lights on those buildings!

Great TR so far. Congrats on getting married. My DH and I will be celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary in June. Time goes by so fast. We went on a cruise for our honeymoon and I had never been to Disney World, at that time I thought it was just for families with kids. On our honeymoon cruise, there was another honeymoon couple at our table who were going to WDW after the cruise as part of their honeymoon and my DH and I thought they were crazy. We had no idea. LOL:confused3
Oh that would have been awesome! A cruise AND Walt Disney World :cheer2: Thank you so much! What are you going to do for your anniversary?? Congrats on that!

OK I'm SOLD and subscribing. :) Congratulations on the wedding and honeymoon. I think Disney is a WONDERFUL place to celebrate your honeymoon. My DW and I were supposed to go there in 2004 but didn't have the funds. So we're celebrating our 5 year anniversary and VERY belated honeymoon.

It looks like you had a lot of fun. And those CM's are so much fun, especially at Prime Time Cafe--I remember our waitress saying, "Be sure to clean your plate or no dessert for you." And "keep those elbows off the table." So much fun. The thing I DO like is if there is a problem (like we had) the CM's obviously broke "character" and were VERY, VERY helpful.

Again congratulations :)

Congrats on your marriage! You make an adorable couple!

I honeymooned in WDW in 2003 and it was awesome.

I woke up just in time to catch the sunrise from outside our hotel room window. It was beautiful. What a view! Unfortunately, I fell asleep before the sun actually started to come up. :sad:
Signs328.jpg

We woke up at a normal time today. It was very difficult for us to get up by 7 or 8 the first two mornings or our trip. Coming from California we had a huge time difference to get used to not to mention the fact that we had a wedding and very little sleep the night before we came.
Anyway, we were up and at the Magic Kingdom by 9:00 am.
We saw the start of a show of some kind. I still don’t know exactly what it was. It had the whole gang plus the princesses and the princes. It was cute though.
Signs330-1.jpg

Signs332.jpg

Signs343-1.jpg

Tip: If you are at Walt Disney World with just one other person (which makes it really hard to get a picture taken of two of you) do this- put your heads together and take the picture of yourselves (which most of the time turns out crooked or someone’s head is cut off) then say, “ugh, didn’t work, try it again” and then “nope that didn’t work either” someone will hear you and feel bad for you. Guaranteed! That way we didn’t have to bother people by asking them to take a picture. Although I definitely did that also :)
By day 3 it was already Wednesday and there weren’t very many people at the Magic Kingdom at all!
We started off in Tomorrow Land. We went on the People Movers…3 times. Jared loves the people movers. “Now Approaching Disney’s Carrousel of Progress”. They are kind of cool. I have some very exciting pictures that were taken on the people movers, something that most people have never seen…later to come. We went on Space Mountain, twice. We walked right up to where they put you on your space ship..no wait. Buzz Lightyear, twice. Small wait on Buzz Lightyear, maybe 5-8 minutes. And by the way, I got a higher score than my husband both times. The first time we went on it I had 141,000! Next was It's a Small World, that was about a 10 minute wait. I was really surprised that the inside of Small World wasn’t decorated like Samantha Brown said it would be. :sad2: Just thinking about the ride makes that song get stuck in my head.
Then we went to the Haunted Mansion, Swiss Family Tree House, The River Boat, and Pirates of the Caribbean, all which had almost no wait time. Splash Mountain was next. The line took about 15 minutes. I begged the guy that was assigning us our logs to be in the back of the log, I really didn’t want to get wet!!! He granted me my wish. In our log was Jared and I in the back and then 4 FULLY grown men in the first four seats. With 6 adults it looked like our log was sinking when we were barely floating along. Let me tell you, when you have a lot of weight in your log you hit that water hard. Fortunately I ducked but everyone was soaking wet.
What an awesome day for rides! Whew
Signs354.jpg

Hello :wave2: My hubby and I celebrated our honeymoon at Walt Disney World also.

Congrats on your marriage and I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

OK I'm SOLD and subscribing. :) Congratulations on the wedding and honeymoon. I think Disney is a WONDERFUL place to celebrate your honeymoon. My DW and I were supposed to go there in 2004 but didn't have the funds. So we're celebrating our 5 year anniversary and VERY belated honeymoon.

It looks like you had a lot of fun. And those CM's are so much fun, especially at Prime Time Cafe--I remember our waitress saying, "Be sure to clean your plate or no dessert for you." And "keep those elbows off the table." So much fun. The thing I DO like is if there is a problem (like we had) the CM's obviously broke "character" and were VERY, VERY helpful.

Again congratulations :)
Thank you! Wasn't it wonderful when you went? I had an amazing time, I just can't get over it.

Congrats on your marriage! You make an adorable couple!

I honeymooned in WDW in 2003 and it was awesome.
Thank you so much! It was so neat to be at such an amazing place, a once-in-a-lifetime vacation with your brand new HUSBAND! I bet you felt the exact same :)

Hello :wave2: My hubby and I celebrated our honeymoon at Walt Disney World also.

Congrats on your marriage and I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

Thank you! And thank you for reading about our trip :flower3:

You two are such a cute couple! Congrats! What a great trip you are having!

The last time I went was 1995 and I know it's changed soooo much. But I'm looking forward to it very much.

After our super exciting morning at the Magic Kingdom we jumped on the monorail and got off at the next stop (our hotel!) to get some warmer clothes. Being that this was my first trip to Walt Disney World, I don’t really know what it is like to stay at other places, but staying at a hotel that the monorail goes to was soooo worth it. Getting around Walt Disney World really takes some time. Buses take a while to come pick you up, the bus rides themselves take 15 to 20 minutes or more depending on where you are going, it is just very time consuming. So I was really happy when I realized how convenient our hotel really was.
Next stop was Epcot.
We started off at Test Track (loved it) and then went on Mission Space. I didn't mind the ride but Jared hated it. After he told me that all that ride is is a box you get in that spins you in circles unbelieveably fast I felt a little sick to my stomache. Then we went on the Land ride, that was very informative.
We had dinner reservations at San Angel Inn in Mexico. I loved the Mexico Pavilion, it looked exactly like what a little Mexican village would look.
Signs367.jpg

Signs370.jpg

Signs369-1.jpg

Signs378.jpg

We walked around the market place, contemplated buying a sombrero :hyper: , and checked in with the reservation desk for at San Angel. They told us 10 minute wait. Then Jared saw the Three Caballeros ride. The Three Caballeros ride is a boat ride that runs right next to the San Angel Inn restaurant. It’s a 7-8 minute ride that features video and animation of the Three Caballeros movie. Jared wanted to get on the ride. He liked Panchito as a kid. He argued that they told us 10 minutes, the ride is 7 minutes, we will make it in time. No way honey, did you see the line for the restaurant? I had to make these reservations 3 months ago and were still eating at 4:00 pm. He was not very happy and kept talking about all the lucky people that were passing by the restaurant on their boats. Disney really does bring out the kid in EVERYONE!:donald: We were finally seated and I ordered the Puntas de Filete en Salsa Guajillo. It was beef tenderloin tips sautéed with fresh onions and chile sauce, with tortillas, black beans, and cheese. Jared had the Mahi-Mahi a la Veracruzana which was the mahi-mahi served over white rice, prepared with capers, olives, bell peppers, Spanish onions, and tomatoes, seasoned with white wine and spices. In all honesty, it wasn’t the best meal I had there. Actually, it was kind of disappointing. Back home we have real authentic Mexican food and I really didn’t feel it there. It was good but didn’t taste much like Mexican food. Food is food though.
Then we boarded a bus to Animal Kingdom. I was really excited about Animal Kingdom. We got to the park and took a picture by the huge tree.
Signs381-1.jpg
Each tree at Walt Disney World was decorated significantly different. The Tree at Epcot had bells, ornaments, and flags from all of the different countries around the world. The tree at Wilderness Lodge had tee-pees, canoes, deer antlers. The tree at the Grand Floridian had ornaments, bird cages, angels, bird houses and stars. The trees were all huge! They had to be over 40 feet. The tree at Animal Kingdom was my favorite.
Unfortunately by the time we got there it was starting to get dark which meant that the Kilimanjaro Safari was closing. Luckily, they had the extra magic hours which meant that we could stay at Animal Kingdom until 9:00pm. There was almost no one at Animal Kingdom by 6:00 pm. We went on Expedition Everest three times without waiting. By far, my FAVORITE ride of the entire trip. It was awesome! Then we went on Dinosaur, another good one. It reminds me of the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. We ran to the entrance of the Festival of the Lion King but we were 10 minutes late. They wouldn’t let us in :sad1: So we went and indulged at Pizzafari with our quick service points and ordered some pizza slices. Then we walked all around the park taking in the sights. One minute your in Africa and the next your crossing a bridge into India. Animal Kingdom was a great time, even without the animals.

I love the pictures of the Mexico pavillion. It's one of my favorite countries and the Three Caballeros Ride (used to be El Rio Del Tiempo) but nonetheless one of my favorites too. Plus, when Epcot opened it was one of the only "rides" in World Showcase!!!

Great TR and I can't wait to read more :) Oh the EMH's at AK was awesome I'm sure--hoping when we go in April it's like that but I seriously doubt it.

Day 4 started out with a boat ride from our hotel to the Wilderness Campground because of an incident that took place the night before. After we left Animal Kingdom (the night before) we walked over to the bus area to get in line to go back to our hotel. Jared had been talking about the Wilderness Campground everyday and really wanted to go see it. Then he saw the bus that was going to the campground and grabbed my arm and started running toward the bus. So we got on the bus and were dropped off at the campground. The bus driver told us that we could catch a boat back to our hotel from the campground. We got off the bus and looked at the map to find out that we were about a 30 minute walk from the marina:crazy2: . It was cold, it was dark, and the people that got off the bus with us had somehow dissapeared. Yes, it was like in the movies, the dark and scary night, the owl hoo-ing, I didn't want to walk in the dark! It was pitch dark. :scared: We saw a cab in the parking lot and started to run towards it, then the cab drove off. I felt like we were never going to get home...woe is me...then another bus came and back to the hotel we went.:wave2:
So, after that fiasco, we decided to give the campground another try. We boarded a boat and sailed off to the campground.
Signs245.jpg

Signs256.jpg

Signs269.jpg

Signs316.jpg

Quite of a few of the people that were staying here had set up awesome Christmas decorations and elaborate displays. Jared says that our next vacation to WDW will be in our 5th wheel. It is significantly cheaper to stay at the campground than anywhere else. Then we got on another boat and made our way to the Wilderness Lodge. It was beautiful! It was very similar to a lodge that we have close to home that is just before the entrance into Yosemite. They also had an amazing Christmas tree in the middle of the Lobby.
Signs322.jpg

Signs387.jpg

Next stop was Epcot.
We made our way to Canada first and saw O' Canada! That was an amazing video (360 degree video) about the beauty of Canada. I have never seen a movie like it. I Recommend it :thumbsup2 We walked through Canada and then headed over to the United Kingdom looked through the shops and kept going toward France. Then I saw her..Sleeping Beauty, standing all by herself! So I ran over to her and asked the cast member with her for a picture. The Picture didn't turn out very good, mainly because she had too tight of a grip on my Husband's arm:furious: She isn't my favorite anyway :snooty: Just kidding Aurora :) No hard feelings.
Signs383.jpg

Then we spent a lot of time walking through each country. We ate lunch at Yakitori House in Japan, very good by the way, and went on fast track again. We ate dinner at Tokyo Dinning in Japan (we love Japanese food) and both got the Shinjuku Gozen which is a tempura and sashimi combination. Amazing dinner if you love sushi. We left Epcot aroung 5:30pm to get ready for the main event: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!:mickeyjum
Signs394.jpg

Signs395-1.jpg

Signs398.jpg

Awww you guys look so adoreable. I think you make a great couple. I hope you enjoyed your Honeymoon :) and I wish you two the best of luck in the future and congrats on your wedding. xoxoxoxo

Love the Pictures...Sleeping Beauty isn't my favorite Princess either...I like Cinderella the most.

Oh that would have been awesome! A cruise AND Walt Disney World :cheer2: Thank you so much! What are you going to do for your anniversary?? Congrats on that!

Well we are going to WDW May 15 to May 22nd. Our anniversary is June 5th so we are using the trip to celebrate our anniversary a little early. We have 2 boys who are 13 and 11 and they will be with us so it wont be romantic but it is still a great way to celebrate 16 years of marriage.

Can't wait to read the rest!

Looks like you had fun so far! The one thing we wanted to do on our holiday trip was get over to see Fort Wilderness and we just never had time, so I liked seeing your pictures. And we honeymooned in WDW too...and our family thought we were crazy too- they kept saying- don't you want to go to Hawaii?? But we had a blast!

I love the pictures of the Mexico pavillion. It's one of my favorite countries and the Three Caballeros Ride (used to be El Rio Del Tiempo) but nonetheless one of my favorites too. Plus, when Epcot opened it was one of the only "rides" in World Showcase!!!

Great TR and I can't wait to read more :) Oh the EMH's at AK was awesome I'm sure--hoping when we go in April it's like that but I seriously doubt it.
Mexico was great! I didn't know that about the El Rio Del Tiempo! Have fun in April! I wish I was going too! I can't wait to read about it :)

We visited Disneyland for first time for Honeymoon and each Anniversary at DisneyWorld. Hope you can say the same (but backwards or something like that) :)
Oh that would be amazing! Do you live near Florida? See that would be ideal for us (the backwards one) since we are only about 3 hours from Disneyland, but you know since you have been there, its not quite the same as Walt Disney World!

You two are such a cute couple! Congrats! What a great trip you are having!
Thank you so much. We were blessed that the trip was so amazing. It really went better than planned, which is hard to do!

The last time I went was 1995 and I know it's changed soooo much. But I'm looking forward to it very much.
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it, its hard to put such an amazing vacation into words because I can't think of any more adjectives to use! Amazing, awesome,wonderful, the vacation was soo much more than all of those, I just don't know what that word is yet :scratchin

Awww you guys look so adoreable. I think you make a great couple. I hope you enjoyed your Honeymoon :) and I wish you two the best of luck in the future and congrats on your wedding. xoxoxoxo
Thank you so much DisBride! We enjoyed our honeymoon so so much. Maybe even more than the actual wedding itself :guilty: Is that bad?
Are you getting married soon? :bride:

Love the Pictures...Sleeping Beauty isn't my favorite Princess either...I like Cinderella the most.
Thanks! I took 382 pictures! I could have/should have taken so much more.
I love Snow White! I was Snow White for Halloween one year, my favorite Halloween costume ever. Not the Adult costume that they totally butcher to look more R-rated. Don't you just hate how they mutilate the Disney Princess's costumes for Halloween? I do.

Well we are going to WDW May 15 to May 22nd. Our anniversary is June 5th so we are using the trip to celebrate our anniversary a little early. We have 2 boys who are 13 and 11 and they will be with us so it wont be romantic but it is still a great way to celebrate 16 years of marriage.

Can't wait to read the rest!
You will have to mention something after your trip about the difference between a couple trip and a family trip. I just hope that when we go back with our kids we have an even better time than before. Have a blast and I can't wait to hear about it!

Looks like you had fun so far! The one thing we wanted to do on our holiday trip was get over to see Fort Wilderness and we just never had time, so I liked seeing your pictures. And we honeymooned in WDW too...and our family thought we were crazy too- they kept saying- don't you want to go to Hawaii?? But we had a blast!
Fort Wilderness was really cool. It's so neat that you can get so many vacations packed into one at Walt Disney World. You can 1. Go camping 2. Go to the Magic Kingdom and 3. Go to Hollywood, Morocco, France, The United Kingdom, Canada, Italy, Germany, Norway, Mexico, Asia, India, Japan, and China. And so much more. THAT'S why Walt Disney World rocks!
Hawaii wouldn't have been half of what your honeymoon was huh?:cool1:

Mexico was great! I didn't know that about the El Rio Del Tiempo! Have fun in April! I wish I was going too! I can't wait to read about it :)

Thanks! I took 382 pictures! I could have/should have taken so much more.
I love Snow White! I was Snow White for Halloween one year, my favorite Halloween costume ever. Not the Adult costume that they totally butcher to look more R-rated. Don't you just hate how they mutilate the Disney Princess's costumes for Halloween? I do.

I worked at a Halloween Store and yes they butcher them to death...As for us going in April..I CAN'T wait... 10 weeks and counting :) Today I finalized all my ADR's so they're set along with a tentative schedule.

I'm enjoying your report so far and reading with interest. My DH and I are going the same week this year to have the honeymoon we never had and celebrate a belated 25th Anniversary. I'm looking forward to hearing about MVMCP as we hope to do that while we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter