Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

I love this change-up! I think having the extra day at Disney will be great, especially since you'll have the whole group wiht you to see US/IOA in your next trip! :thumbsup2

Okay, I'm all caught up! :goodvibes

You mentioned wanting to do your FP+ selections for whatever park you go to before MVMCP. If it gives you any peace of mind at all, I wanted to point out that you actually HAVE to do it this way, because there are no FP+ allotments during the party. (Unless you do them for MK between 4pm and 7pm, that is. But no FP+ in MK after the official party start time of 7pm.) I just thought I'd bring it up, since you're shifting your plans around now and haven't decided what you're now doing before the party. :cutie:

Looking over your ADR wishlist, the ONLY one you may struggle with is Be Our Guest. The rest shouldn't be any problem at all. And for BoG, you're doing right by planning for it on the last day of your trip. That was the ONLY way I got it on my last trip, as every single day of my trip before it was already full. Which I wasn't expecting, and ending up having the rearrange my entire itinerary to accommodate the ADR. :scared:

Also, for Test Track and Rock & Rollercoaster, have you considered using the Single Rider lines if it's a huge difference from Stand-By? The two of you would get to go through the line together, you would only need to separate for the ride itself. Depending on how much time it saves you, it might be worth it! :thumbsup2

I love this change-up! I think having the extra day at Disney will be great, especially since you'll have the whole group wiht you to see US/IOA in your next trip! :thumbsup2

Hi Tracy! I'm honestly so excited to have another day at the Disney Parks and I'm not too disappointed about US/IOA since I know we will be going in the Spring of 2016. I was feeling a bit rushed to try and get all the Disney done in 3 days...having another day makes a big difference.

Okay, I'm all caught up! :goodvibes

You mentioned wanting to do your FP+ selections for whatever park you go to before MVMCP. If it gives you any peace of mind at all, I wanted to point out that you actually HAVE to do it this way, because there are no FP+ allotments during the party. (Unless you do them for MK between 4pm and 7pm, that is. But no FP+ in MK after the official party start time of 7pm.) I just thought I'd bring it up, since you're shifting your plans around now and haven't decided what you're now doing before the party. :cutie:

Looking over your ADR wishlist, the ONLY one you may struggle with is Be Our Guest. The rest shouldn't be any problem at all. And for BoG, you're doing right by planning for it on the last day of your trip. That was the ONLY way I got it on my last trip, as every single day of my trip before it was already full. Which I wasn't expecting, and ending up having the rearrange my entire itinerary to accommodate the ADR. :scared:

Also, for Test Track and Rock & Rollercoaster, have you considered using the Single Rider lines if it's a huge difference from Stand-By? The two of you would get to go through the line together, you would only need to separate for the ride itself. Depending on how much time it saves you, it might be worth it! :thumbsup2

Thanks again for joining! Thanks so much for the info about the FP for our Party Day. We will definitely utilize our FP's for the park that we will be at that morning (still not sure where that will be yet).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for BOG Dinner...I know it's tough anyway and then trying to get an ADR on a party day is going to be even tougher :(. I'm hoping it just being the 2 of us will help. :)

Great suggestion about Test Track and RnR, that might be a good alternative. Like you mention...we can wait through the line together and would just ride separately...will definitely keep this in mind!

So, I bet you are getting so excited about your upcoming trip. I'm looking forward to reading about how it went (I do hope you are planning on doing a TR). :)

Howdy! Love the change up!!! and Love you will do US next year with an extra day! WOOHOO!!!

Hi Mo! :flower:I think this has worked out for the best. It will be more fun visiting US/IOA with my sister who is a huge HP fan like me! :) We can send my Mom and DH to do other stuff with the kids while my sister and I get lost in the HP! :)

Hope everything is going well your way!

I just received the following link from a friend regarding November Park Hours!!

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_November.pdf?hc_location=ufi

A Big think I noticed was HS closing at 4pm on 11/17, I'm assuming for a private party! So, wanted to make sure any fellow November folks were aware! :) I will be spending some quality time with my spreadsheet this evening now that I have the hours. I did notice the HS has PM EMH hours on our arrival day....very tempting!!! But I have promised DH we would go to DTD on our arrival day (I've been promising that every trip and we haven't done it yet)!

Ok, happy planning! I'll check in later after I spend some time with my spreadsheet! :)

So, I bet you are getting so excited about your upcoming trip. I'm looking forward to reading about how it went (I do hope you are planning on doing a TR). :)
I sure am! :thumbsup2

Also, your friend was seriously on-the-ball with those park hours. They literally just were released this morning. (I know because I've been watching the Disney travel agents portal like a hawk for these so that I could pass them on to my November-planning DIS friends! :laughing: )

Last edited:
I sure am! :thumbsup2

Also, your friend was seriously on-the-ball with those park hours. They literally just were released this morning. (I know because I've been watching the Disney travel agents portal like a hawk for these so that I could pass them on to my November-planning DIS friends! :laughing: )

I was so excited when I saw these! It didn't change up my plans too much, but it is still nice to see! :) Glad to read you are planning on doing a TR. :thumbsup2

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! Let the planning craze continue!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

You are so right! My plans didn't really change but I was able to "finalize" a few things....that word just makes me laugh because I know things will change! :)

Hi Mo! :flower:I think this has worked out for the best. It will be more fun visiting US/IOA with my sister who is a huge HP fan like me! :) We can send my Mom and DH to do other stuff with the kids while my sister and I get lost in the HP! :)

Hope everything is going well your way!

I have to agree!!! I cannot wait to read all about it! I just wish i would get my act together and incorporate a US day in one of our vacations.. I keep toying with this year.. we shall see..
I WANNA SEE HP!!!!

But I have promised DH we would go to DTD on our arrival day (I've been promising that every trip and we haven't done it yet)!

Well.. Now you can do both! go to DTD then jump over to HS for EMH!

Ok, you are no help!!! However, I did have the same thought. We are planning on arriving around 2 pm, check in (if room is ready) and chill out a little while. Head over to DTD about 3:30, have dinner around 5pm and then head over HS. HMMMMMM....very possible. I wonder how much it would be to add another ticket to our package....hmmmmm!

The only thing I'm nervous about is that we will have been on the road since 4am that day, so wondering if we would just completely crash before even making it to HS! LOL Definitely something to think about though.

I talked to the DH and we have decided to go ahead and buy 5 Day Ticket (with Park Hoppers) instead of 4 Days so we can go to DH for EMH after we visit DTD for a bit on our arrival day. We are planning on upgrading to Annual Passes during this trip anyway so the extra ticket would not go to waste even if we don't make it to HS since it will be applied to our Annual Passes anyway. Of course this means I might need to do some rearranging of some plans...imagine that!!

Plans revisited! :daisy:

So, now that the November Hours are out of course I have been rethinking our plans….don’t act surprised I have been warning you about this from the beginning! Not all plans have changed, but I thought it would help me to get them laid out and what better place then my PTR and among my Diser Friends.

Let’s start with Day 1: Arrival Day 11/15/15

4:00am: Get on the road. I will be driving and letting Keith get some sleep. On average, it takes about 9 hours to get from NC to Disney. That would put us arriving around 1pm EST. However, for scheduling purposes I’m saying we will arrive around 2pm EST (to account for possible traffic or other issues).

2:00pm: Arrive and check in at Pop Century. I’m hoping the room will be ready so we can chill out a bit.

3:30pm: Head over to DTD. Do some shopping and the plan for now is to eat at T-Rex. I’m thinking about making the ADR for around 5-5:30pm

6:30pm: Head to DH PM EMH hours!!

n0gnlJG.jpg

photo from Google Images

Well, obviously this last part is new now that the hours are out. I know it will only be for a few hours but it wasn’t much money to add on another ticket for the 2 of us, so I thought “why not?”. I really enjoy HS at night. We won’t be able to catch F! since it looks like the show is scheduled for 7pm that night, but I’m sure we will find plenty to occupy our time! And there are plans (well at this point anyway) to catch F! later on in the week.

An alternative to this plan would be to skip DTD and head straight to HS and have dinner at Sci-Fi (one of Keith’s favorite). However, I feel a bit guilty skipping out on DTD because I keep promising Keith we will go check it out and it never works out (whoops). I think I will keep it like it is and go to DTD and then HS that way we both get a bit of what we want…after all the trip is for both of us and not just me. :rolleyes1

Regardless, I hope to be back to the room around 11pm because we have an early morning the next morning, and it will have been a very long day. Luckily, the next day has not changed that much, except for the addition of AM EMH. I will leave that for another update though.

I love DHS at night too! But I love all the parks at night so... :rolleyes1 You're so close to being in the 6+ month range!!! :thumbsup2

Ok, you are no help!!! However, I did have the same thought. We are planning on arriving around 2 pm, check in (if room is ready) and chill out a little while. Head over to DTD about 3:30, have dinner around 5pm and then head over HS. HMMMMMM....very possible. I wonder how much it would be to add another ticket to our package....hmmmmm!

HA HA! i made you think harder.. na na na na....

The only thing I'm nervous about is that we will have been on the road since 4am that day, so wondering if we would just completely crash before even making it to HS! LOL Definitely something to think about though.

:car: try driving for 16+ hours THEN hitting a park.. That's how we roll.... :rotfl:

I talked to the DH and we have decided to go ahead and buy 5 Day Ticket (with Park Hoppers) instead of 4 Days so we can go to DH for EMH after we visit DTD for a bit on our arrival day. We are planning on upgrading to Annual Passes during this trip anyway so the extra ticket would not go to waste even if we don't make it to HS since it will be applied to our Annual Passes anyway. Of course this means I might need to do some rearranging of some plans...imagine that!!

YAY!!! see it did work out!

takes about 9 hours to get from NC to Disney.

I wish!!!

6:30pm: Head to DH PM EMH hours!!

I knew you would do it!

so I thought “why not?”. I really enjoy HS at night.

:love: YES!!! Hs at night is WONDERFUL!!!! so happy for you.

I feel a bit guilty skipping out on DTD because I keep promising Keith we will go check it out and it never works out (whoops).

another thought... We do DTD after AK... there is still enough time after AK to romp around...
BUT i like your day 1 plans better.

I think I will keep it like it is and go to DTD and then HS that way we both get a bit of what we want…after all the trip is for both of us and not just me. :rolleyes1

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

hi :wave2:coming over from my PTR. Plans sound good so far. I hope you get your BOG, I didn't plan on doing BOG so on our ADR day I made all my ADRs an then at the last minute decided to check BOG. For our second day, I was able to get one no problems so it actually didn't seem to hard to come by. That's so awesome that you get to o an adults only trip, should be fun.

HA HA! i made you think harder.. na na na na....

:car: try driving for 16+ hours THEN hitting a park.. That's how we roll.... :rotfl:

YAY!!! see it did work out!

I wish!!!

I knew you would do it!

:love: YES!!! Hs at night is WONDERFUL!!!! so happy for you.

another thought... We do DTD after AK... there is still enough time after AK to romp around...
BUT i like your day 1 plans better.

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Yep, you definitely made me think harder! :) Ok, I won't complain about my 9 hour drive anymore, well that's probably not true because I will probably complain about it but I will keep in mind others have it alot worse! :) I thought about moving our DTD time to another day, but I think Keith is really looking forward to checking it our on our arrival day so I will probably keep it as it is...picking my battles :)

hi :wave2:coming over from my PTR. Plans sound good so far. I hope you get your BOG, I didn't plan on doing BOG so on our ADR day I made all my ADRs an then at the last minute decided to check BOG. For our second day, I was able to get one no problems so it actually didn't seem to hard to come by. That's so awesome that you get to o an adults only trip, should be fun.

:welcome: Thanks for joining! I'm in the process of going back and reading your TRs...I'm curious to see what your thoughts were on BOG! I have to say the 2 ADRs I'm looking forward to the most are BOG and 'Ohana! Thanks again for joining! Feel free to share your recommendations and experiences. :flower1:

:welcome: Thanks for joining! I'm in the process of going back and reading your TRs...I'm curious to see what your thoughts were on BOG! I have to say the 2 ADRs I'm looking forward to the most are BOG and 'Ohana! Thanks again for joining! Feel free to share your recommendations and experiences. :flower1:
Thanks for reading my TRs. I love BOG and am really sad I had to give up our dinner ADR but I just couldn't make it work. Still excited about breakfast and lunch though. I too am most excited for Ohana.

YAY! My countdown ticker has moved to a new month! I love seeing that number get lower and lower! :)
Yay for a new month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter