Our happy place & Dream Bday trip 3/29-4/9/11 UPDATE PG 44 - Final Day !!

really sorry about your loss. Losing close family has to be one of the toughest things in the world to deal with. I hope you have a great trip and create lots of new healing memories

Aw Lisa, thanks for sharing Jim's story and Megan's special shelf. She seems like such a sweetheart. :goodvibes

I hope these next few days fly by so your trip can begin. :goodvibes

Growing up as a kid I loved when my dad would drive down to FL so we could stop at the FL Welcome Center for the OJ. Make sure you guys stop for some when you make the drive back from GA to Disney.

Growing up as a kid I loved when my dad would drive down to FL so we could stop at the FL Welcome Center for the OJ. Make sure you guys stop for some when you make the drive back from GA to Disney.

Crissy, My children STILL remember that OJ! Absolutely the BEST!! :goodvibes Lisa, DEFINITELY stop going to Georgia for the peach juice and on the way back for OJ! :goodvibes

Lisa, I have officilaly lost it....I just went back through all of the pages twice looking for my post from last night, checking for a response to my question, then I remembered they were PM's not posts...see, I was sleep typing again. :lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

I hope you are feeling confident about having everything ready for a TWO WEEK TRIP! I will miss you! You better be having too much fun to miss me!!!
Lisa keeps asking me when Megan can come over to play and why we don't have a birthday party for her...she doesn't realize how far it is to visit you! Have a Blessed day!(Don't those cupcakes look YUMMY!)

really sorry about your loss. Losing close family has to be one of the toughest things in the world to deal with. I hope you have a great trip and create lots of new healing memories

thank you petals!!

Aw Lisa, thanks for sharing Jim's story and Megan's special shelf. She seems like such a sweetheart. :goodvibes

I hope these next few days fly by so your trip can begin. :goodvibes

ah thanks Crissy, she is a little sweety!! the days are flying by, just want this week to be over so I can finish up, at school all week helping out with different areas!
will definately have to try and stop on the way back! love fresh orange juice!

Crissy, My children STILL remember that OJ! Absolutely the BEST!! :goodvibes Lisa, DEFINITELY stop going to Georgia for the peach juice and on the way back for OJ! :goodvibes

Lisa, I have officilaly lost it....I just went back through all of the pages twice looking for my post from last night, checking for a response to my question, then I remembered they were PM's not posts...see, I was sleep typing again. :lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

I hope you are feeling confident about having everything ready for a TWO WEEK TRIP! I will miss you! You better be having too much fun to miss me!!!
Lisa keeps asking me when Megan can come over to play and why we don't have a birthday party for her...she doesn't realize how far it is to visit you! Have a Blessed day!(Don't those cupcakes look YUMMY!)

thanks for the cupcakes Judy, the best kind, no calories :rotfl2: that's so sweet of Lisa :goodvibes wanting to have a play date and bday party...maybe some day we can come visit!
be careful with that sleep typing...you never know what might happen :lmao:
I'm not a fan of peaches :scared1: but maybe will give it a try!

today, busy at school...helping in Megan's class with art project! going to be working with clay, so should be a fun and messy day!

All caught up.

Thank you for sharing the story of your husband. I cannot believe he was only in Haiti for a few hours before the quake hit.:grouphug:

Your plans look awesome! I know you guys will love AKL! We hope to stay there someday.

I love the birthday banner. :) Melody & I were admiring your work on the door hanger you made for Juliana. I'll post some pics here too once I get them of my camera.

I know you and Megan will have a great trip.... your Goofy Man will be there with you too. :littleangel:

All caught up.

Thank you for sharing the story of your husband. I cannot believe he was only in Haiti for a few hours before the quake hit.:grouphug:

Your plans look awesome! I know you guys will love AKL! We hope to stay there someday.

I love the birthday banner. :) Melody & I were admiring your work on the door hanger you made for Juliana. I'll post some pics here too once I get them of my camera.

I know you and Megan will have a great trip.... your Goofy Man will be there with you too. :littleangel:

thanks Tim :goodvibes
having him there only 3 hours before the quake was probably the most surreal thing....a lot of what if's went through my mind those first few days...

hope you get to stay at AKL someday too....maybe for your little prince's first trip!:goodvibes
so happy Juliana loves her door hanger!

Hi, just noticed your PTR in your signature so I'm following along with your PTR. Looks like you have everything all planned out.

thanks :goodvibes we will definately be bringing mini goofy with us for photo ops....especially when we are on the Tea Cups, Jim couldn't handle them, got to dizzy and we love to really get them spinning!
This sounds like fun.

I'm surprising Megan with the Wishes Dessert Party, Wild Africa Trek, Discovery Cove and Grandview Tea.....I've made her "invitations" for each one and will place it next to her pillow each night.....when she was little, she thought Tinkerbell left her invitations, oh how I miss her innocence of the magic at Disney...can't wait to see her face each morning....yes I will be taking photos!

we finished up our shopping today....I've packed my box that I'm shipping down so I won't have to deal with the extra suitcases!

got our Mickey Mail a couple of days ago, double checked all my info and lists....yes I'm a planner....the final countdown has begun :woohoo:
Wow, lots of surprises. Sounds like you will be making lots of great memories. The final countdown is so exciting!!

It is so nice that you guys are getting to go to Georgia before your time at Disney. Thanks for sharing Jim's story with us. Megan's shelf in her room is such a nice way to remember her dad.

Hi, just noticed your PTR in your signature so I'm following along with your PTR. Looks like you have everything all planned out.

This sounds like fun.

Wow, lots of surprises. Sounds like you will be making lots of great memories. The final countdown is so exciting!!

It is so nice that you guys are getting to go to Georgia before your time at Disney. Thanks for sharing Jim's story with us. Megan's shelf in her room is such a nice way to remember her dad.

I have always built in surpises to each of our WDW trips, since we only go about every 3 years want to make the most our of our trip!

:shamrock: Happy St. Patrick's Day:shamrock:

we are are single digits today :banana::banana::banana: 9 days until we leave.....12 days until we get to WDW :banana::banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Today, working in library at Megan's school with my little kindergarten class, they are sooooo cute and always put a smile on my face :lovestruc

then get to have lunch with my girl....she is the Star Student of the week, so picking up Subway and get to eat with her and her friends! should be interesting and LOUD :thumbsup2

doing a final check of my box that I'm shipping tomorrow to POP Century!!

Excited to see this PTR...not sure where i've been to have missed it. :rolleyes1 LOL!

I didn't know anything about what you've been through the last 14 months, i'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. Its just heartbreaking. :( I'm so happy to see you and Megan continuing on your Disney traditions, and ready to start some of your own. :hug::hug:

Lisa...thank you so much for sharing your families amazing story of love and hope. I am so sorry for your and your daughters loss. :hug: I hope your trip is amazing for you and Megan in so many ways. I can tell you I think you will love AKL. We got to stay there for 4 nights after we left GKTW. It was so nice and the kids loved exploring and looking for hidden Mickey's. My mom who can be a bit picky thinks it is one of the best places she has ever stayed...she loved all the detail!

You are such an amazing person with a huge heart...thanks again for sharing your families story. I can't wait to follow along until you leave and then I sure do hope you can do a TR when you get home. Yahoo for a trip to your happy place!:cool1:

:shamrock: Happy St Patrick's Day :shamrock:

:woohoo: on being in single digits!!! :banana: :banana: :dance3:

Thanks!!!
Excited to see this PTR...not sure where i've been to have missed it. :rolleyes1 LOL!

I didn't know anything about what you've been through the last 14 months, i'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. Its just heartbreaking. :( I'm so happy to see you and Megan continuing on your Disney traditions, and ready to start some of your own. :hug::hug:

you have a lot on your plate, so don't worry about not seeing my PTR!
thanks for your kind words, its means so much to have the continued support from everyone here on the DIS!

Lisa...thank you so much for sharing your families amazing story of love and hope. I am so sorry for your and your daughters loss. :hug: I hope your trip is amazing for you and Megan in so many ways. I can tell you I think you will love AKL. We got to stay there for 4 nights after we left GKTW. It was so nice and the kids loved exploring and looking for hidden Mickey's. My mom who can be a bit picky thinks it is one of the best places she has ever stayed...she loved all the detail!

You are such an amazing person with a huge heart...thanks again for sharing your families story. I can't wait to follow along until you leave and then I sure do hope you can do a TR when you get home. Yahoo for a trip to your happy place!:cool1:

ah, thank you! for your kind words too!
I love being able to pay it forward to all the MAW families...it does my heart a world of good!
we do love our POP Century, but really looking forward to our AKL stay, we plan on staying a whole day at the resort just so we can see everything!
I do plan on making this into my TR after we get home!

I know most of you already know how caring and talented Lisa is but I wanted to share this with you. When Lisa found out my DW Melody was pregnant, she wanted to send us a little something......

When we arrived home from Florida we had a ton of mail. There was one package that caught our attention... It was addressed to all of us, so we had to wait till Tuesday night to open it up.

DSC02152.jpg

There was a homemade card inside...

DSC02155.jpg

Melody reading it....

DSC02153.jpg

There was a gift for Juliana....

DSC02154.jpg

It was a pink Cinderella sign for her door letting the word know she is the Big Sister!

Why a pink Cinderella? Juliana has an imaginary friend 'Pink Cinderella'... Ana got such a kick out of receiving a pink Cinderella!

Thank you Lisa for the wonderful sign! Juliana loves it and it is hanging in her room right now!

okay, you weren't supposed to post it on my PTR...but thanks for letting me see Princess Ana's happy smiling face again!! she brings such sunshine to my heart!! as everyone who has seen it!
since Ana was my first MAW/Big Give you all have a special place in our heart and family...can't wait for the little prince to make his apperance!

I'm here! I am so happy you started a PTR and I cannot wait to meet you and Megan while we are there! 14 more days... yikes!! ;)

okay, you weren't supposed to post it on my PTR...but thanks for letting me see Princess Ana's happy smiling face again!! she brings such sunshine to my heart!! as everyone who has seen it!
I said I would post it here too, so I did! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

since Ana was my first MAW/Big Give you all have a special place in our heart and family...can't wait for the little prince to make his apperance!
I don't think I knew she was your first Big Give! Awesome! :worship: :yay::yay:

I'm here! I am so happy you started a PTR and I cannot wait to meet you and Megan while we are there! 14 more days... yikes!! ;)

Yay, thanks for joining the fun! its coming up fast!!
I said I would post it here too, so I did! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

I don't think I knew she was your first Big Give! Awesome! :worship: :yay::yay:

well thanks, I guess just that many more people get to see pretty Princess Ana :lovestruc
yes you all were our first Big Give! now they can't get rid of me :lmao:

You do have talent. And it sounds like you have given Ana many special gifts. I dont know you personally, but from what I've read here you seem to be a very special giving person.:flower3:

You do have talent. And it sounds like you have given Ana many special gifts. I dont know you personally, but from what I've read here you seem to be a very special giving person.:flower3:

thanks Chloe....the side story to the MAW/Big Gives is a dear friend 2 1/2 month old son was diagnosed with leukemia on Jan 12, 2006, yes four years to the day that my Jim was killed in the earthquake....sadly Curran lost his courageous battle 7 months later, he never saw his first birthday or get his MAW....so I joined this remarkable group of people last fall in Curran's memory and as a healing tool for my heart ache...to be a small part of the Big Gives to help make these special kids and their families MAW trips a bit more magical brings so much joy to me and Megan...I guess we are paying it forward, its a major win/win for us!

if anyone is interested in more about the Big Give Group, click on the box in my siggie, you don't need to sew or be creative, pixie dust and GC's are very welcomed gifts too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter