Our happily ever after Disneymoon TRIP REPORT - Sept/Oct 2015 (Universal Studios Part 1)

kittykitty87

DIS Veteran
We managed to have a bit of a lay in getting up at 8:00am. The day before had been a long day so I think we were both a little worn out. Today was Universal Studios day! We opened the curtains and...it was pouring down with rain! :( Not good! We decided there was no point in rushing off so we got ready anyway and headed down to the Mediterranean Market and had a buffet breakfast. This had a really good selection of food so we stayed in there for a little while and filled our boots!

Once we'd finished and paid the bill, we decided to think positive and head over to Universal Studios as planned and just hope the weather brightened up a little. I mean, we could cope with a little rain but not loads!

We arrived and parked up and it was STILL raining but as we were queuing to change our voucher to our tickets, it stopped a little so we ran over to get some rides started. First up was Minion Mayhem which was really busy but we decided we would just wait and get it done. As it was still dry when we came out, we jumped on to Rip, Ride, Rockit. I LOVE this ride! I honestly can't remember what songs we picked as I was too busy panicking about the vertical climb! I've been on this ride a number of times but that initial climb still scares the hell out of me and Karl!

We came off RRR and unfortunately, it had started raining again! Boooo! So we headed to Twister (which I'm glad about as this would be the last time we would ever get to ride it :sad2:) and then Transformers!

Last time we came back in 2012, this wasn't built so we were both rather excited about getting to ride it finally! I have to say I thought the queue theming was awesome and the ride....wow!!! How fantastic! I have to say however, I started to feel a little bit giddy on the ride but it didn't take away from the experience!

We then did this...

This is one of our favorite rides and we ride it a number of times each trip! I would go as far to say it is one of my favorite rides EVER! Yes, it's that good!

It started to get to lunch time and it started to rain...again, so we headed for lunch in Finnegans.

It's an Irish pub opposite The Mummy ride and it looked like a great place to have a sit down. We sat at the bar and both had a pint of beer but we weren't planning on eating anything...until the guy next to us ordered something...and it looked amazing! Good old fish and chips! Oooooh it was lovely! There was LOADS as well with loads of chunks of fish and really chunky chips! We had to stay in the pub for a bit to let it all settle down!

We had been sat in Finnegans for a while, still feeling rather full but time was getting on so we did some easy rides starting with this...

Unfortunatly, it's looking pretty dated now but still worth a go. Then it was this...

I'm actually terrified of ET so Karl thinks it's a little odd that I ride this but I just have to do it! Maybe one day it will help me conquer my fear...!

We then headed over to a different place...All together now..."The Siiiimpsoooons"...

Last time we came there was only The Simpsons ride and the Kwik E Mart so all the rest was new to us and I can tell you, we were so impressed by this area. So much character here!

We couldn't actually believe we were able to have a drink in Moe's!! It had to be done!

Having a Duff in Moe's!

I honestly didn't want to leave this area! Was so awesome, but we couldn't stay here all day (booo!) so we went on The Simpsons ride. Boy oh boy! I felt SICK after this!!!! I was starting to realise that I was having trouble with simulators this trip. I tried to keep my eyes open but there was one bit (where Maggie spins you around when she is a giant) and I had to close my eyes! I honestly thought I was going to throw up! I was so glad when it finished! Karl then wanted to head over to Men in Black which I knew I would be ok on, as it wasn't a simulator! Phew!

Continued...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter