Our Halloween Pop adventure with a 32 year old Disney Newbie -Trip report link pg. 34

I really haven't forgotten about this pre-trip report! I was taking a small break from Disney planning, but I am within 2 months of ADR booking time - so I better get cracking! LOL!

Before I get back to Disney - we went the the Milwaukee County Zoo back in April during Maddie's spring break. I saw on Dawn's trip report she loves gorillas, so I thought I'd post some pictures for her :)

DSC02257.jpg

DSC02258.jpg

DSC02259.jpg

DSC02260.jpg

DSC02261.jpg

DSC02262.jpg

I don't think That Gorilla looks very happy about having visitors judging by the first two pictures:confused3

I was busy making my ADRs so I was glad to see I didn't miss much while I wasn't around! :thumbsup2

I was busy making my ADRs so I was glad to see I didn't miss much while I wasn't around! :thumbsup2

Oooh - what did you get? How did it go? I was reading that some people had some issue getting what they wanted and the system crashing on the CM's.

Oooh - what did you get? How did it go? I was reading that some people had some issue getting what they wanted and the system crashing on the CM's.

Yes! The new system is very much different than the old one! They don't give you any confirmation numbers until they are done booking. Well I think they can do 10 at a time in a session kwy word session because they do not get confirmation numbers until the session is ended!

Well I only had to book a few because I was doing DLXDP and reverted back to basic free dining! So here's what I have:

8/24 - Dinner at T-Rex in DTD @ 6:00pm "oop"
8/25 - Dinner at Everything POP
8/26 - Breakfast at Tony's Town Square GG 9:30am
8/27 - Dinner at Tusker House we are doing The Safari GG with OneTreeHillAddict and DisneyQuilter
8/28 - International Celebration GG at Epcot with the same group as above
8/29 - Rainforest Cafe or Planet Hollywood @ DTD apprx 6:00pm "OOP"
8/31 - O'Hana @ 6:35pm
9/1 - HDDMR Tier 1 Seating 9:30pm also along with OneTreeHillAddict and DisneyQuilter
9/2 - Leceiller @ 6:00pm
9/3 - Departure day may grab something at Everything Pop before DME pickup!

I didn't list Breakfast and lunch because we will be doing breakfast in the room as we are not big breakfast eaters and lunch will be countersvc I know we're going to try Sunshine Seasons, Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic ray's, Pinnocchios Village Haus, Picnic at the park,Tangerine Cafe, Lotus Blossom cafe, Lottowa Lodge etc...

Thank God! I didn't have those problems when I called because if the system crashes before they save everything is lost! :eek: I did call for a friend the day before and was on hold for like 45minutes and it took like an Hour and five minutes to make the ressies I had to make 11 days worth but the cm wasn't or shall I say didn't seem very experienced! :scared1: All done yay! :woohoo::yay::banana::cool1::woohoo: I'm excited now because my trip is under 90days! :cool1:

Yes! The new system is very much different than the old one! They don't give you any confirmation numbers until they are done booking. Well I think they can do 10 at a time in a session kwy word session because they do not get confirmation numbers until the session is ended!

Well I only had to book a few because I was doing DLXDP and reverted back to basic free dining! So here's what I have:

8/24 - Dinner at T-Rex in DTD @ 6:00pm "oop"
8/25 - Dinner at Everything POP
8/26 - Dinner at Wolf Gang Puck Cafe DTD aprx 6pm "oop"
8/27 - Dinner at Tusker House we are doing The Safari GG with OneTreeHillAddict and DisneyQuilter
8/28 - International Celebration GG at Epcot with the same group as above
8/29 - Rainforest Cafe or Planet Hollywood @ DTD apprx 6:00pm "OOP"
8/31 - O'Hana @ 6:35pm
9/1 - HDDMR Tier 1 Seating 9:30pm also along with OneTreeHillAddict and DisneyQuilter
9/2 - Leceiller @ 6:00pm
9/3 - Departure day may grab something at Everything Pop before DME pickup!

I didn't list Breakfast and lunch because we will be doing breakfast in the room as we are not big breakfast eaters and lunch will be countersvc I know we're going to try Sunshine Seasons, Columbia Harbor House, Cosmic ray's, Pinnocchios Village Haus, Picnic at the park,Tangerine Cafe, Lotus Blossom cafe, Lottowa Lodge etc...

Thank God! I didn't have those problems when I called because if the system crashes before they save everything is lost! :eek: I did call for a friend the day before and was on hold for like 45minutes and it took like an Hour and five minutes to make the ressies I had to make 11 days worth but the cm wasn't or shall I say didn't seem very experienced! :scared1: All done yay! :woohoo::yay::banana::cool1::woohoo: I'm excited now because my trip is under 90days! :cool1:

Sounds like some good eating on your trip :thumbsup2

I think I need to rethink Tepan Edo for this trip. It sounds good and it's' gotten rave reviews, but the last two times we've done Hibachi my tummy hasn't handled it well. I'm going to try at least once more before ADR time to see how it goes, but I don't want to be having problems at Epcot :sick: If we don't, I think we'll try one of the TS at AK since we've never eaten there.

Sounds like some good eating on your trip :thumbsup2

I think I need to rethink Tepan Edo for this trip. It sounds good and it's' gotten rave reviews, but the last two times we've done Hibachi my tummy hasn't handled it well. I'm going to try at least once more before ADR time to see how it goes, but I don't want to be having problems at Epcot :sick: If we don't, I think we'll try one of the TS at AK since we've never eaten there.

I screwed up the 26th that is Tony's Good morning GG! Wolf gang puck cafe is a diff day! OOPS!

Love the zoo pictures. Feel free to post more. You know how obssessed with pictures I am. LOL!

I sometimes take breaks from DIS too. Probably during the summer I won't be on as much.

I'm already obssessing about next year. I still have it in my head that I want to cruise, so I have to figure how to convince DH this would be fun! LOL!

Love the zoo pictures. Feel free to post more. You know how obssessed with pictures I am. LOL!

I sometimes take breaks from DIS too. Probably during the summer I won't be on as much.

I'm already obssessing about next year. I still have it in my head that I want to cruise, so I have to figure how to convince DH this would be fun! LOL!

I think we'll do a Disney Cruise someday too - they just look awesome. I think a land and sea option would be perfect :thumbsup2 Doug and I took several cruises before we had Maddie - we love them :cool2:

I think we'll do a Disney Cruise someday too - they just look awesome. I think a land and sea option would be perfect :thumbsup2 Doug and I took several cruises before we had Maddie - we love them :cool2:
I'm definitely doing a Disney Cruise someday! We are going on a cruise for my oldest Sister's 40th b-day in June 2010 ! I had her convinced Disney was the only way to go! Then she does some fancy footwork and finds Carnival to be an awesome price that we can't refuse! So needless to say we are doing a cruise but not Disney! :sad2: But it is definitely on the someday agenda along with Disneyland!!! :)

That should be fun to hear about! :thumbsup2

Congrats!

Kathy

Thanks! Yes I think it is definitely going to be fun! I haven't been brave enough to do a PTR actually I started one in March and deleted it! I wasn't liking it! But the other 2 Disers we are doing them with have PTRS! They are ONETREEHILLADDICT and DISNEYQUILTER !! So if you want to check it out join their threads! Their actually talking about making their PTRs into one and sharing the fun so that should be really cool! :thumbsup2

We've never done a cruise before.... ah, someday, right??

Kathy

They are a ton of fun! You can get good prices now too :thumbsup2

I'm definitely doing a Disney Cruise someday! We are going on a cruise for my oldest Sister's 40th b-day in June 2010 ! I had her convinced Disney was the only way to go! Then she does some fancy footwork and finds Carnival to be an awesome price that we can't refuse! So needless to say we are doing a cruise but not Disney! :sad2: But it is definitely on the someday agenda along with Disneyland!!! :)

The cruises we have gone on have been Carnival and we really enjoyed them - I'm sure you will too :banana:

So, I haven't done much planning yet - but I did make a vacation purchase today - a brand new pair of navy blue, beach crocs. I already own a pair of sandals and the maryjanes - but I wanted a pair of beach ones too. I tried wearing the maryjanes on our last trip, but they didn't have enough support so I had to go back to my tennis shoes. The sandals I have are great, I wore them last summer walking around NYC all day and my feet and legs felt great, but I thought for the evenings I may not want to wear sandals. I need to get a couple of cute jibbletz for them now :)

So, I haven't done much planning yet - but I did make a vacation purchase today - a brand new pair of navy blue, beach crocs.

Cool! :thumbsup2 I love Crocs! :lovestruc

I just ordered 2 pair of Adara Crocs (sandals) in the Navy and the Chocolate. Hope to get them soon!! (No holes for jibbitz, though.) Bummer.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter