• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Halloween Disneyland Trip With special guest Oogie Boogie! ~Tons of pics

Crystal ARCADE! lol as soon as I read YOUR post I remembered it. lol

So WDW is much better decorated or just the fact that it's so HUGE?

Crystal ARCADE! lol as soon as I read YOUR post I remembered it. lol

So WDW is much better decorated or just the fact that it's so HUGE?

Good thinking! :laughing:

While I love the Christmas decorations at DL and you can see them and the "snow" without having to pay extra, WDW has four parks that get seriously decked out. You get MVMCP at MK, the Osbourne lights at HS, holidays around the world at Epcot and their AMAZING decorations (my favorite), and then AK has a special parade and decorations too. There's just a lot more to do. Plus, I know this is kind of taboo but I love Universal :laughing: and they do awesome decorations over in Who-Ville; the makeup for the Who's and the Grinch is so cool! And then of course there's all the resorts that decorate too. The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite for Christmas decorations :lovestruc But the GF and many others are gorgeous as well. WDW just surrounds you with Christmas magic

Oogie Boogie obvioulsy had a great time on your trip and has made this a super enjoyable TR! Thanks for sharing!

Oogie Boogie obvioulsy had a great time on your trip and has made this a super enjoyable TR! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading! Oogie proved to be more magical than I would have thought :laughing:

I have one more update to the TR to make but i'm about to go up to LA for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal! Scary! :scared1: I'll be back on sunday. Have a good weekend everyone!

Thanks for reading! Oogie proved to be more magical than I would have thought :laughing:

I have one more update to the TR to make but i'm about to go up to LA for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal! Scary! :scared1: I'll be back on sunday. Have a good weekend everyone!

I'm so jealous!!

We, at least, decorated our place tonight.... it's not LA but it's home! LOL

Alright, here is the last of the trip report.

We kind of have this tradition of always going on the carousel.

Oogie thought it was lame. Pfff HE’S LAME
015-Sep292008-photo_0015.jpg

Then we made our way back to New Orleans Square

I can’t believe I didn’t notice these guys last year! So cool
018-Sep292008-photo_0018.jpg

This tree reminded me of my own Halloween tree at home
017-Sep292008-photo_0017.jpg

Then we went over to the Haunted Mansion!
023-Sep292008-photo_0023.jpg

I wish I could have gotten some more shots of the outside. It’s so incredible at night

I had never been on the Mark Twain Riverboat and my mom really wanted to go so we took a much needed break around the river. This was actually really nice; i’ll do it on every trip now. I wish I would have had a better camera! The Haunted Mansion looked so cool at night with all the lit up pumpkins.
014-Sep292008-photo_0014.jpg

Oogie and I sat in the back – we didn’t want to get wet.
021-Sep292008-photo_0021.jpg

It was awesome to watch the fireworks while we were on this
022-Sep292008-photo_0022.jpg

Okay so this is where our story takes a bit of a strange turn. Since it was night time there was no line and we were about to ride again without having to get off. We were about to pull out of the loading area when we hear “WE HAVE A 101! WE HAVE A 101!!” There are CMs running frantically in every direction and we’re being screamed at to get out of the log. So we try and pull ourselves out as fast as we can. We got back on the other side of the gates, which were frantically opening and closing. Unfortunately, the girl in front of us in the log couldn’t decide to go back behind the gate or head to the exit so she kind of got stuck in limbo. She got stuck on the outside of the gate XD CMs ran around a little bit more and finally one came and talked to us. I guess one of the sensors tripped and automatically the ride stopped. Everyone had to be evacuated which really sucked for the log that was literally about to go over the edge. They probably didn’t want logs crashing into each other XD The CM waiting with us told us some really funny stories about evacuations. The whole situation was really strange, but unique!

Anyways we had been there for almost fourteen hours and we were really tired so we decided to head home. We saw tons and had such a good time. Disneyland is really our home away from home.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy Disneyland at Halloween time!

Yikes on the code 101!!!

I haven't ridden the Mark Twain in over 12 yrs. :eek: I totally wanna do it!

We did do the canoe's and it was a trip highlight last year basically just because I hadn't done it in SO long (IF EVER!) and my DD's were with me and it was just cool. I like doing the "there's not enough time to do that" stuff. :cloud9:

What a great day and a great TR. Thanks to Oogie for keeping things in perspective (hands on hips with sneer)! :lmao:

Love him!

Your Oogie has me CRACKING UP!! :rotfl: You are too funny!! :laughing:

I love the pics!! It looks like you and your Mom had a great time!! ;)

Yikes on the code 101!!!

I haven't ridden the Mark Twain in over 12 yrs. :eek: I totally wanna do it!

We did do the canoe's and it was a trip highlight last year basically just because I hadn't done it in SO long (IF EVER!) and my DD's were with me and it was just cool. I like doing the "there's not enough time to do that" stuff. :cloud9:

What a great day and a great TR. Thanks to Oogie for keeping things in perspective (hands on hips with sneer)! :lmao:

Love him!

The riverboat was suprisingly fun! Mom was right, I should listen to her more often :laughing: Oogie definately put added a new perspective to our DL trip XD Thanks for reading!

Your Oogie has me CRACKING UP!! :rotfl: You are too funny!! :laughing:

I love the pics!! It looks like you and your Mom had a great time!! ;)

Thanks for reading!

I liked ur trip report so much fun!!!!!!!!!! i've never seen NBC but i just might have to watch it for oogie boogie i think i like em :lovestruc :)

hi! I hope you don't mind a brief intrusion... this is actually travelmel but I'm trying to get 10 posts done on my DDC's new account so that she can begin her own TR that she's been dying to do!

Thank you so much and I'll post from my own account soon!

Melissa

hi! I hope you don't mind a brief intrusion... this is actually travelmel but I'm trying to get 10 posts done on my DDC's new account so that she can begin her own TR that she's been dying to do!

Thank you so much and I'll post from my own account soon!

Melissa

Good to hear from you! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter