• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Great Escape - Morocco/Canada/Attic/Sago Cay TR *DisneyWeddingBlog Nomination*

omg SOOOO pretty! I think Animal kingdom was a great choice! they are such pretty pictures. your bouquet is so different and pretty!

More more :thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear your photographers ignored those other CMs and carried on with the photoshoot.

I really love your dress and veil.

I love your AK pictures, so beautiful. I can't wait to see and read more! :-)

Wow - it was worth the wait - those pics are amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much :goodvibes

Ooo yay, wedding day started!! Sounds like your morning went well (aside from a couple people at AK). Your pictures are beautiful!! They did a really great job!

Oh and your bouquet is the most original thing that I have ever seen. It looks like it would be much lighter than a traditional bouquet, was it?

It was really light! I am so happy I went with such a unique one. I think it looks really nice in the AK and Canada pics, and now I have it to keep forever, without having to pay to preserve it! It still smells so good too!

You look beautiful! The pics in Animal Kingdom turned out great! I am so excited to see the rest! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

omg SOOOO pretty! I think Animal kingdom was a great choice! they are such pretty pictures. your bouquet is so different and pretty!

More more :thumbsup2

YEAH! Wedding Day!!! LOVE your photos/...makes me wonder if I should even try to squeeze this into the budget...:laughing:

I'm glad to hear your photographers ignored those other CMs and carried on with the photoshoot.

I really love your dress and veil.

I love your AK pictures, so beautiful. I can't wait to see and read more! :-)

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. You look beautiful! Can't wait to see more.

Thanks everyone :goodvibes

I have been waiting all day for the rest of our stuff from DPS to come (it was supposed to be here today). I was planning on completing our album from the loose pics and putting some in picture frames. I don't know why I am shocked they didn't come after what I already went through, but I don't know why they would put an exact date in writing and not deliver it. Ughhh!

On the plus side, it has given me more time to upload ceremony pics, so hopefully I will have another update soon!

gorgeous shoot at AK!!! I love that you guys did it there...it's so different! Plus there's so many different locations that your pictures really turned out lovely. :goodvibes

Your AK photos are GORGEOUS! I love the ones with the blue doors, you'd never even know you were at Disney.

Darn it! I could have sworn I posted here yesterday! :headache: Lol, my brain has been mush, so please forgive me. ANYWAY!! Gorgeous photos at AK! Just stunning! You and DH must be sooo so pleased with them! :goodvibes

gorgeous shoot at AK!!! I love that you guys did it there...it's so different! Plus there's so many different locations that your pictures really turned out lovely. :goodvibes

Your AK photos are GORGEOUS! I love the ones with the blue doors, you'd never even know you were at Disney.

Darn it! I could have sworn I posted here yesterday! :headache: Lol, my brain has been mush, so please forgive me. ANYWAY!! Gorgeous photos at AK! Just stunning! You and DH must be sooo so pleased with them! :goodvibes

Thanks ladies :goodvibes I'm so happy we went with AK. It was such a hard choice, because I saw so many amazing MK and Epcot ones here, that I wanted to go with somewhere that I knew would be good. But AK reflects our personalities a bit more....all the greenery anyway, and I love that they aren't too Disney (well, I guess none of our wedding pics really are)

I think I will be able to have one part of the ceremony up tonight. I have sooooo many pictures that I uploaded from the ceremony that I will have to break it into several parts!

wow, the pictures are amazing! You both look great and I love your dress and veil. Can't wait to see more.

Day Three – Part Three

**We have so many amazing pics that I wish I could post, but I have decided that I would rather limit the amount of pictures with other guests in them, just in case it is a problem for them**

So we arrived @ the back entrance to the UK, where my planner and another person met us. We were immediately brought into World Showcase, and lead to the bottom of the stairs leading up to Canada. Ron (our officiant) was waiting for us, and came over to us to go over the ceremony quickly.

What I didn’t realize, and was not told, was that I would not get to see my bridal party before the ceremony. I could see them lining up, and waved, but DH and I were kept at the bottom of the stairs, well they were up near the top (across from “Hotel Du Canada”). There were so many people working for DFTW waiting with us at the bottom. I have no idea who they were…I think I heard that some where other planners, who came to see a wedding in “Canada”. I think there was an assistant there as well, and a few guides, since park guests could easily walk by at anytime.

As soon as Regina and Joe has caught back up with us, my planner immediately sent them up to the ceremony area to get ready for pictures. We waited a few more minutes, and then off we went! I was nervous about trying to get up all those stairs with my dress, so I made DH hold my bouquet until we were on a flat surface!

The whole time I was planning the ceremony (even back when we were using SBP) my biggest issue was with walking down the aisle. I didn’t want a long aisle, I didn’t want people snapping pictures as I approached, and I didn’t want to be made to feel more nervous. Somehow, I ended up with an aisle way longer than I imagined…but I loved it. I didn’t even notice the people taking pictures, or feel nervous, I just was so happy with the ceremony site, and the ambiance of my “aisle” that I didn’t even think about all the things I was nervous about!

PH186180410-0204.jpg

PH186180410-0205.jpg

Isn’t this a cool aisle? I loved it!

**I need to add in here that it was really, really sunny that day, so our eyes are not quite open all the way in all the pics**

We approached Ron and the ceremony began. I remember listening to most of the ceremony words, but I also didn’t want to cry, so I was thinking about things people said to be and DH the night before to make us not cry. In some of the pictures, you can tell we are almost laughing, since we knew we were both thinking about them (I won’t mention what we were thinking about).

PH186180410-0206.jpg

PH186180410-0211.jpg

PH186180410-0209.jpg

PH186180410-0217.jpg

PH186180410-0229.jpg

We exchanged our rings….

PH186180410-0252.jpg

Followed by the wine ceremony

PH186180410-0257.jpg

PH186180410-0259.jpg

PH186180410-0299.jpg

I’m so happy we did the wine ceremony! Everyone thought it was amazing, and definitely reflected one of our passions (as I mentioned before, we love wine tasting and wine touring), and allowed us to bring some of our home with us, since we leave near the Niagara wine region. Ron loved it so much that he wants to offer that ceremony that I wrote for him to future brides!
Okay, back to the ceremony. After we completed the wine ceremony, we said our vows (I think it was this order) and were pronounced husband and wife! I used my original name since I didn’t know whether or not I was going to change it, and I am glad I did, I can’t explain why, I just liked the sound of it that way.

PH186180410-0280.jpg

PH186180410-0271.jpg

Your pictures are so beautiful! Love your dress, it is so pretty on you. Thank you so much for posting your pictures. I have loved looking at all them! Can't wait for more!

Your ceremony pictures are beautiful! The Canada pavilion worked out really well for you, and I love all of the personal touches. The wine ceremony is not something that I knew about, but I love it! You must be so thrilled with your pictures!!

p.s. - we must live closer together than I thought if you live near the Niagara Wine region!!

Your pictures are so beautiful! Love your dress, it is so pretty on you. Thank you so much for posting your pictures. I have loved looking at all them! Can't wait for more!

Thanks a lot :goodvibes I still have SO many more!

Your ceremony pictures are beautiful! The Canada pavilion worked out really well for you, and I love all of the personal touches. The wine ceremony is not something that I knew about, but I love it! You must be so thrilled with your pictures!!

p.s. - we must live closer together than I thought if you live near the Niagara Wine region!!

Thank you!! I have lived all over Canada, and visited almost everywhere I haven't lived, and all of the pavilion reminds me of different parts of Canada, so it felt so amazing and perfect to have our ceremony there!

I assumed you lived in Ottawa from the "canal' comment I saw in your PJ! (I realize there is more than one canal, but you know what I mean). I live in Guelph, so about 30 mins from Beamsville, which is where we usually go wine touring. If you live in the Niagara region just know that I am so jealous! I am trying to get a job there because I want to live there so badly!

Wow - the Canadian Pavilion has never been one of my favorites - UNTIL NOW!!! Your pics are absolutely stunning - it looked so pretty! I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not, but I love the bodice of your dress - it's so eye catching.

It's kind of funny how reading these updates and waiting for the next one I am realizing how personally involved I get in other people's "big day"...

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next update!

Thanks a lot :goodvibes I still have SO many more!

Thank you!! I have lived all over Canada, and visited almost everywhere I haven't lived, and all of the pavilion reminds me of different parts of Canada, so it felt so amazing and perfect to have our ceremony there!

I assumed you lived in Ottawa from the "canal' comment I saw in your PJ! (I realize there is more than one canal, but you know what I mean). I live in Guelph, so about 30 mins from Beamsville, which is where we usually go wine touring. If you live in the Niagara region just know that I am so jealous! I am trying to get a job there because I want to live there so badly!

I look forward to seeing more!! They all look so good, every single one! As a Canadian, I can see why you like the pavilion lol I live in Welland, not sure if you know exactly where that is, but we are right in the region, close to St. Catharines and Niagara Falls. The job situation here is awful, our unemployment rate is really high, but I hope that you find something soon!:goodvibes

I look forward to seeing more!! They all look so good, every single one! As a Canadian, I can see why you like the pavilion lol I live in Welland, not sure if you know exactly where that is, but we are right in the region, close to St. Catharines and Niagara Falls. The job situation here is awful, our unemployment rate is really high, but I hope that you find something soon!:goodvibes

I know exactly where that is! One of my BM's is from St.Catherines! I just applied for a job with the Niagara Region, which I beleive is out of Thorald, so maybe I will get lucky for once....but yah, the job situation is awful right now, nobody that I graduated with has a job (and our line of work is supposed to be in demand) :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter